Traveler Ships (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveler Ships (Spoilers)

With the Lost Tribe episode we have finally been given a good look at Traveler Generational Ships up close and personal, a few things stand out to me about them. There is an obvious technological level mismatch within the ship-They have advanced terminals on the bridge and wiring everywhere else (Much like Tau'ri ships). Weapons wise they have fairly powerful cannons and drone resistant shields (well against a few), now this really contradicts the level of tech on the rest of the ship. This is true for Tau'ri ships as well but we know how they got their stuff, what I'm saying is that I don't think that the Travelers developed the tech-I think they were given it somehow. How could u explain the Wraith missing a race, giving the race time to develop decent starship tech (Note even the Genii went backwards and they hid massive underground cities). In my opinion the Travelers gained this tech very quickly and I think I know where they got it from.
    If you look at the exterior of the ship you'll see that there very stubby wing like structures port and starboard. Now these wings are different to one another and the tower structure on the Dorsal surface leans towards the square peg like wing. Now this square peg/tower leaning set up changed sides in between "Travelers" and the "Lost Tribe". Before u ask where the hell I'm going with this there is another Pegasus Galaxy Starship that has this same tell tale assymmetry-The Lantean Aurora Class vessels (The prong thing that changes sides on different ships)
    Important questions u have to ask yourselves
    1. How did the Travelers develop starships under the Wraith's nose's?
    2. How did they manage to equip said ships with powerful defences that can resist Lantean weapons?
    3. How come some of their ship is quite advanced while other bits (Like the wiring and doors) are a lot more primitive?

I have 2 working theories on how the Travelers advanced in this way

1. We know the Ancients were running planetary experiments with humans using the "Game" thing McKay and Sheppard played around with-perhaps some of the Ancients decided to advance 1 race so that they could help the Lanteans against the Wraith and gave them all the needed stuff (Hyperdrives, Shields, Weapons, support systems) and left them to build their ships. This may account for why the Traveler ships have red colourings on the nose and engines of their ships like the Aurora class has (Marking them as part of the Lantean Fleet???)

2. A Lantean ship crashed on the Traveler original homeworld and they reverse engineered most of the systems and built their own ships from this knowledge

It just does'nt fit that they developed all the ship tech on their own becasue of the technological inconsistancy's. What does the Forum Think????????

By the way I reckon the Traveler ships kick ass
    Travelers 2-0 Lost Tribe

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    With the Lost Tribe episode we have finally been given a good look at Traveler Generational Ships up close and personal, a few things stand out to me about them. There is an obvious technological level mismatch within the ship-They have advanced terminals on the bridge and wiring everywhere else (Much like Tau'ri ships). Weapons wise they have fairly powerful cannons and drone resistant shields (well against a few), now this really contradicts the level of tech on the rest of the ship. This is true for Tau'ri ships as well but we know how they got their stuff, what I'm saying is that I don't think that the Travelers developed the tech-I think they were given it somehow. How could u explain the Wraith missing a race, giving the race time to develop decent starship tech (Note even the Genii went backwards and they hid massive underground cities). In my opinion the Travelers gained this tech very quickly and I think I know where they got it from.
    If you look at the exterior of the ship you'll see that there very stubby wing like structures port and starboard. Now these wings are different to one another and the tower structure on the Dorsal surface leans towards the square peg like wing. Now this square peg/tower leaning set up changed sides in between "Travelers" and the "Lost Tribe". Before u ask where the hell I'm going with this there is another Pegasus Galaxy Starship that has this same tell tale assymmetry-The Lantean Aurora Class vessels (The prong thing that changes sides on different ships)
    Just because they assymmetry does not mean a damn thing they would of added further bits and pieces to the vessels when they had time the resources to do so.
    1. How did the Travelers develop star ships under the Wraith's nose's?
    Their a possibility that the wraith just forgot to cull their planet when they were last awake this would of allow them enough time to developed the technology. We also know that after the war it seem the wraith fought many smaller conflicts all around the galaxy to secure their feeding grounds. They then seem to of got a bit sloppy and left well according to Weir a quite a few advance races around. Which then spent their time hiding from the wraith.

2. How did they manage to equip said ships with powerful defenses that can resist Lantean weapons?
    Simple continue evolution of their vessels through the ages. They would of continual over hundreds years thought of new improvements. A fifteen year old girl knew more about hyperdrives than Zalenka.

3. How come some of their ship is quite advanced while other bits (Like the wiring and doors) are a lot more primitive?
    Because they lack the resources for complete overall of their vessels but designing new a program to improves the firing rate of their weapons. A perhaps slight reconfiguration of shields emitters this does not require vast resources as manufacturing and mining, repair docks. Plus they would concentrated on just the bits that count. I bet you that most of the stuff on their vessels been rebuilt many times.

1. We know the Ancients were running planetary experiments with humans using the "Game" thing McKay and Sheppard played around with-perhaps some of the Ancients decided to advance 1 race so that they could help the Lanteans against the Wraith and gave them all the needed stuff (Hyperdrives, Shields, Weapons, support systems) and left them to build their ships. This may account for why the Traveler ships have red colourings on the nose and engines of their ships like the Aurora class has (Marking them as part of the Lantean Fleet???)
    This would of made sense for the ancients to do. It would have given them the chance to have help from many species perhaps with far greater numbers. Unfortunately we know the ancients are pretty dumb when it come to do anything that involve them winning the war this is because the writers need them to be.

2. A Lantean ship crashed on the Traveler original homeworld and they reverse engineered most of the systems and built their own ships from this knowledge

Does not fit in what we know. They needed helped getting the ancient ship they had operation if they had prior experience at reverse engineering that more than what we done they would not of needed our help.

It just does'nt fit that they developed all the ship tech on their own becasue of the technological inconsistancy's. What does the Forum Think????????

By the way I reckon the Traveler ships kick ass
    Travelers 2-0 Lost Tribe
    Not really. Why people think thinking they were being hit with drones I will never understand, they look different, way different.

Also these people were on the run from the Wraith the three areas they would developed hyperdrive, shields and weapons. These people spent virtually all their lives on the vessels they would know the systems in side out and kept on adding improvements and figuring how to make them more powerful. From what we have seen stargate technology in general it quite easy to make vast improvements with even the most limited resources.

O'neil giving a go'uld cargo ship intergalactic drives.
    Last edited by knowles2; 15 October 2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

The Traveler ship (that was destroyed in BAMSR) was destroyed using drones as 3 in that spinning formation were used to kill it-not to say that there weren't cannons firing as well. Perhaps things might become more clear about how the Travelers developed starship tech if we find out about more of the hiding adv tech races. Fair point on the captured acient vessel-I concede I forgot about the ATA interface thingy from that ep.

On the Society game thingy-perhaps Janus had a hand, sounds like his style (AKA annoy the High Council with dangerous ideas LOL)
      (Ohh well-u can tell I haven't been here in a while

Still the Traveler ship is a fav of mine now after seeing it in action-and Star Trek thought the Defiant was manouverable. I love the Millenium Falcon/BSG interior and the retro headset Katana used. I wonder how it would fair against some of the other ships????

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
        The Traveler ship (that was destroyed in BAMSR) was destroyed using drones as 3 in that spinning formation were used to kill it-not to say that there weren't cannons firing as well. Perhaps things might become more clear about how the Travelers developed starship tech if we find out about more of the hiding adv tech races. Fair point on the captured acient vessel-I concede I forgot about the ATA interface thingy from that ep.

On the Society game thingy-perhaps Janus had a hand, sounds like his style (AKA annoy the High Council with dangerous ideas LOL)
        (Ohh well-u can tell I haven't been here in a while

Still the Traveler ship is a fav of mine now after seeing it in action-and Star Trek thought the Defiant was manouverable. I love the Millenium Falcon/BSG interior and the retro headset Katana used. I wonder how it would fair against some of the other ships????
        Know I think the control evolution was offical council sanction research. The only reason think this is because McKay Zalenka found so easily. All of Janus stuff and experiments were hidden even his assistance did not know about his secrete lab. As they written down in their dairy that he would disappear when he walked around the corridor.

Comment

simple: they left in ships before the wraith could destroy them, and then scavenged worlds for tech

Comment

Well Obviously the ships changed over the generations

Comment

is it just me or did there screens look kinda like the wraith ones

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                is it just me or did there screens look kinda like the wraith ones
                They were blue... that's about all I got for similarities.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Guys...

*grabs their collective heads and points them towards "The Ark"*

How did a 1970s level culture develop teleportation and artifical gravity....?

*waits for lights to start coming on*

(through the Game theory has merit as well)

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Know I think the control evolution was offical council sanction research. The only reason think this is because McKay Zalenka found so easily. All of Janus stuff and experiments were hidden even his assistance did not know about his secrete lab. As they written down in their dairy that he would disappear when he walked around the corridor.

perhaps he meant that maybe janus snuck into the "game room" and loaded detailed instructions to the most advanced societys on how to build ships to be able to protect themselves from the wraith, or possibly just hide from them, like the travelers. now that does definitely sound like januses style.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

As thekillman said the Travelers probably left their home world in ships before it was completely culled by the Wraith.
                      As for certain parts of their ships looking more advanced than others I agree with thekillman again as it just makes sense that the different crew captains would take left over bits of technology from the various worlds that have been culled by the Wraith.
                      I think Larran said that they scavenge tech from various worlds in the episode Travelers

Comment

what if the travelers were like the genii as in they hid in giant underground citys and developed the tech they have now days, then the wraith found out and went to destroy the planet. There for they had time to build the ships they have ATM and when the wraith came they took everyone and blew up there ship manufacturing plants to keep them out of the hands of the wraith that's what i would do because the wraith would keep coming and they would all be killed if they stayed

what do you all think
                        get the rep

Comment

no. the travellers are scavengers. they scavenged what they had. we did it. why not other races?

Comment

They scavenge, and I believe their original ships were created somewhere in a void between solarsystems, the Wraith would have a hard time finding them if the moved after some time.

Comment

Their wepon tech is their own its just upscasled version of their hand guns which kick ass when pistol sized so its viable they are awsome ship sized.

the wires being every where is probly because its so old and things have to be rebuilt scavenged parts interfaced ect look how ugly the jumpers get when they start messing round with them now multiply that by thousands of years, also Furling tech had circuit boards so not all advanced tech is crystal based.

The ships are most likely bits of everything also they seem to rely more on not getting hit over being able to take a hit.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X