Is this why the wraith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this why the wraith...

can block beaming? they came in contact with the asgard before and i assume they came up with something to prevent them from beaming anything on or off their ships...i dunno....opinions?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Seems reasonable.

Comment

Interesting idea. I would assume that the asgard might have had the same principle but different sensors, and that is why it took them awhile to block the transport.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
        can block beaming? they came in contact with the asgard before and i assume they came up with something to prevent them from beaming anything on or off their ships...i dunno....opinions?
        If that was the case they would've been able to block off the beaming right off the bat instead of us beaming a couple of nukes and taking out some of their hive ships.

The Asgard in the Pegasus split off from the ones in the Ida Galaxy a long time ago... 10,000 years they said... I think. They may not have had the beaming technology at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
          If that was the case they would've been able to block off the beaming right off the bat instead of us beaming a couple of nukes and taking out some of their hive ships.

The Asgard in the Pegasus split off from the ones in the Ida Galaxy a long time ago... 10,000 years they said... I think. They may not have had the beaming technology at that point.
          That's probably the case, though Asgard sensors could have been similar enough that it was a contributing factor for the Wraith developing countermeasures so quickly.

Comment

That is an interesting thought. We know they can adapt quickly, but was it cause of their mental capacity or because they had encountered someting similar in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
              that does make sense, but it is possible that the technology changed in 10,000 years time if they(asgard) had beaming. the wraith might've needed time to adapt their technology to compensate for the new tech.
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                No remember the episode where Hermiodd was beaming nukes inside Wraith Hives? I think its in the Siege Pt2/3. The Wraith wrote a jamming program that stopped the asgard beaming tech from working on the ships, thats how they can block the beaming tech.

Comment

the wraith make a electro magnectic field around their ships according to mckay in search and rescue

daniel/merlin could beam people out of the sgc and that was beam resistant so it takes like a smart person to counteract the effects

its possible the wraith culled the asgard and tried to get answers from them and the asgard beams them right off the ship and so maybe thats how the wraith stopped them the first time
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. I don't mean to sound miffed, but I already created a thread like this here: It had a more descriptive title and everything, but no one replied. Link

Comment

It also explains why the Wraith have such advance cloning technigues like the Carson Clone with all memories. We have only seenit once in Fragile Balance
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                      X