Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tok'ra Harsesis would solve most of their problems.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra Harsesis would solve most of their problems.

Why don't some of the female Tok'ra (I mean symbiotes with female hosts) have Harsesis children of their own? The child would possess the knowledge of the Tok'ra that spawned them and they would be much more inclined to be taken as hosts. Also, they could have some semblance of a civilization with a mixture of blended and non-blended humans (similar to the Trill if you're a DS9 fan).

The pregant woman could live in relative safety on Earth while her child is developing, and heck, we could even take care of the bugger until he is old enough for the Tok'ra to handle (say, Charlie's age). It would also ease the pain of the loss of a Tok'ra. Say Sel'mak had a child with Freya, and then Anise/Freya was killed. The child would have all the memories of Anise so they would still benefit from her knowledge.

*SPOILERS from Season 6 "The Cure"*

The Pangarans had big vats of Tok'ra symbiotes from Egeria, now, I know those symbiotes are blank slates, but if they joined with a Tok'ra Harsesis human, would they be able to "download" the Tok'ra knowledge into the blank symbiote? Perhaps the Tok'ra could use the memory device or other medical technology to help that along. That would increase their numbers by a great deal.

Hey, even without the hosts being Harsesis, why could'nt they use the memory device to fill the blank slate?

Any ideas?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Not sure about the balnk state thing, but I thought maybe you had to have a queen to have a Haresis. And since the Tok'ra don't have any queens, that'd be a problem.
    sum ergo cogitum
    I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Say Sel'mak had a child with Freya, and then Anise/Freya was killed.
      Wow, bet Jacob would like that but I am not sure how Sam would like her new Mom... lol

Seriously though, this is a good topic so I look forward to seeing everyones opinions on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
        Not sure about the balnk state thing, but I thought maybe you had to have a queen to have a Haresis. And since the Tok'ra don't have any queens, that'd be a problem.
        I could be wrong but from what I know a queen is not needed... just a male and female human who have been taken as hosts. Their HUMAN child would be Harsesis.

Comment

I can't remember - was Apophis's queen (memory block here - can't remember name) an actual Go'auld queen, or just a cermemonial, titled queen?
          sum ergo cogitum
          I am therefore I think.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Amonet was only called a queen, but not actually a queen; I don't think we'll ever know.

Comment

I've asked this elsewhere before. The answer was it's a cultrual Taboo really.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

The genetic memory of the Goa'uld means that they are born evil; we clearly saw that Tanith was appreciably evil - and also cunning and manipulative - from a very early age. That the Tok'ra are not evil suggests that Egeria, having struggled to overcome her Goa'uld nature, has passed on a gentler genetic disposition to her children, most likely by a process of editing the memories which they inherited.

But Harcesis children are born with all of the genetic memories of the Goa'uld preceeding them. A Tok'ra Harcesis would be the same, and a thousand years of Tok'ra memories would be nothing compared to twenty thousand or more of Goa'uld memories. The Tok'ra Harcesis would be born with the genetic memories and resultant personality traits of a Goa'uld; it would be born evil.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Tend to agree with Mr. Prophet,really. The idea of a Tok'Ra Harcesis would be v. cool but probably not work out, as the basic Goa'uld nature would probably dominate and turn the children evil to the core.

The only thing that saved Shifu was the influence of Oma Desala.Obviously he had to Ascend as there wasn't any safe haven for him to grow up in without his powers being misused.

In "Absolute Power", Shifu showed Daniel the real price of Power (and gave the PTB an escape hatch to explain why it might not be too good an idea to gain total control,IMO!)

The Tok'Ra may well have to address their dwindling population in the upcoming Season,though ,as at the rate they're going,there won't be any left to find hosts for!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    But Harcesis children are born with all of the genetic memories of the Goa'uld preceeding them.
                    I don't think this is correct. A Harcesis would only know what its parents knew. When they say a Harcesis is born with the knowledge of all Goa'uld preceeding them, it is because this is usually the case. Most Goa'uld probably don't "censor" out the evil stuff when they pass down their knowledge to their offspring.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      I don't think this is correct. A Harcesis would only know what its parents knew. When they say a Harcesis is born with the knowledge of all Goa'uld preceeding them, it is because this is usually the case. Most Goa'uld probably don't "censor" out the evil stuff when they pass down their knowledge to their offspring.
                      But I bet they wouldn't want to pass on all the details of their vulnerabilities, all the dirty secrets which could be used against them. If a Harcesis did have a greater degree of knowledge than most Goa'uld, this would also explain why Apophis wanted a Harcesis for hsi new host. There had to be something to make it worth the risk of breaking the Goa'ulds' highest law, and the Harcesis wasn't physically remarkable or possessed of psychic powers like a hak'tar.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        In "Absolute Power", Shifu showed Daniel the real price of Power (and gave the PTB an escape hatch to explain why it might not be too good an idea to gain total control,IMO!)
                        Ahh yes, gain total power and you have to blow up russia such a terrible terrible price. :
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

hey, don't make fun of russians .... grrrrrr
                          anyway, Major Tyler you came up with a great idea, 'cause Tok'ra were complaining about their numbers a lot...so yeah they should have children...im pretty sure they can, so then why don't they do it season 8 that would actaully , kinda complete Tok'ra story arc, and will help the allience...but then there mihgt be some problems or whatever...but wait, what if they did try to have children already and something SCARY came out???

Comment

I know the Tok'ra queen can choose to transmit her knowledge to her offspring, so I would assume that Tok'ra hosts would have the ability to filter out the knowledge they pass on to their human fetus.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Rosha (Jolinar's host) got pregnant by Bynarr in Season 3's "The Devil You Know." She escaped to a planet of peaceful humans to give birth, left the infant in their care, and then set out to find the Tok'ra. Before giving birth she made sure to filter out all of Bynarr's genetic memory, but, since she has never had a human child before and was inexperienced in the process, she did not realize that the result of removing the father's memory would be that the infant would be imprinted with an exact copy of Jolinar's personality.

She was so ashamed of having consorted with Bynarr (and having another "man's" child) that she never told anyone, especially Martouf. Now, many years later, that peaceful planet finds itself next on SG-1's mission list...tune in next week.

Comment

There is nothing to suggest that a Goa'uld host could control the memories passed on to a human offspring. If they could, then the taboo wouldn't need to exist. The Harcesis is frightening because it threatens the Goa'ulds' sense of superiority and because it is uncontrolled; an alien creature, one more powerful by far than they are (in terms of body, they are merely vicious eels), and possessing every scrap of their knowledge and understanding.

It would be like a tiger which could think like a human; an especially frightening thought when coupled with a Goa'uld's lust for power.

Comment

Working...
                              X