Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The aftermath - Wraith goes from parapalegic to quadrapalegic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aftermath - Wraith goes from parapalegic to quadrapalegic.

I think the wraith are now irreparably crippled by this latest stunt. They may have lost a great many more ships after this latest incident. Plus they also may have lost a great deal more of their potential food supply when the gates exploded. Where does this leave the wraith? I think their status has now been further downgraded from 'passing threat' to 'picking up the pieces'. The wraith are in pretty sorry shape now, and I don't think they'd pose a threat to anyone now.

At what cost though? Millions are dead. If the retrovirus worked, and enough alliances were forced to take it, those millions would still be alive.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
      I think the wraith are now irreparably crippled by this latest stunt. They may have lost a great many more ships after this latest incident. Plus they also may have lost a great deal more of their potential food supply when the gates exploded. Where does this leave the wraith? I think their status has now been further downgraded from 'passing threat' to 'picking up the pieces'. The wraith are in pretty sorry shape now, and I don't think they'd pose a threat to anyone now.
      It's hard to say. Logically each group of ships would only lose one unless they all entered hyperspace simultaneously.

But if they really do only have like, what was it, 60 some ships in the early stages of the season? Then they must be hurting badly.

Even if they only lost 20 Hives, that would be a significant amount of the Wraith fleet.

Comment

I agree to a point, the Wraiths fleet has been decimated, we have no idea how many ships they have lost fighting amongst themselves. To add to that they have lost at least a dozen fighting against us all this time. But the fact is we have no idea what resources are required in building more hives, cruisers and darts. If they could turn the tide and overwhelm the ancients they could still certainly do that to us. For all we know the wraith are building dozens if not hundreds of new hives and cruisers on isolated worlds in the pegasus galaxy cut off from the Stargate system.

As the wraith stand right now they are pretty screwed if it came to full scale constant warfare with the Atlantians, the 4 earth 304's would mop the floor with the remainder of the entire wraith fleet and they could only even stand a chance if they stuck together. But cut off from culling like that, the infighting would begin over what little resources they have left on their ships.

If I were a wraith general if there is such a thing, I would amass a large fleet of 80-100 wraith hives run by skeleton crews who are exspendable, find atlantis and destroy it, without earths forward base in the Pegasus galaxy, they would fall back to the MW forever with only random status updates from pegasus from a 304 patrol now and then. I'm sure Todds thinking the same thing right now

Comment

actually I think the wraith came out winners here

the Attero device is destroyed
          they have the location of both Earth and Atlantis
          they have intergalactic hyperdrive specs from Daedalus (unless they're idiots)

all they have to do now is regroup upgrade their fleet and head on straight to Earth

Comment

Indeed. If Todd had half a brain he ripped off god knows how much tech specs and information from the Daedalus and sent it back to his hive. They spent a lot of time idling there before they left and before Ronan destroyed everything.

It's pretty hard to believe that he doesn't at least have intergalactic hyperdrives and Earth's location by now. We know that all it takes to upgrade a hive's engines to intergalactic is a few minor tweeks that can be made borderline instantly as shown in "Allies". We also know that the daedalus makes regular trips to and from Earth so if he pulled any sort of navigational logs or anything like that he knows exactly where to go if he wants to.

Beyond that who knows what else he got. They had full control of the ship for what seemed like quite a while before he even left his hive behind, plus he got away with an intact scoutship.

He could easily have specs for the asgard beams, shields who knows what else. Now if he can build it is another matter but he's fairly clever and even a knocked off less eficient version of some of that Asgard wundertech is going to be an insurmountable advantage when applied to a ship the size of a hive.

If Todd took advantage of this opportunity properly his alliance probably became the front runner to win the civil war.

With these potential upgrades and the gene therapy freeing them from a need for human food, Todd's alliance is sitting quite pretty right now. If they do emerge as winners in the war the new Wraith civlization they forge is going to be considerably more powerful but likely also more benevolent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              Indeed. If Todd had half a brain he ripped off god knows how much tech specs and information from the Daedalus and sent it back to his hive. They spent a lot of time idling there before they left and before Ronan destroyed everything.

It's pretty hard to believe that he doesn't at least have intergalactic hyperdrives and Earth's location by now. We know that all it takes to upgrade a hive's engines to intergalactic is a few minor tweeks that can be made borderline instantly as shown in "Allies". We also know that the daedalus makes regular trips to and from Earth so if he pulled any sort of navigational logs or anything like that he knows exactly where to go if he wants to.

Beyond that who knows what else he got. They had full control of the ship for what seemed like quite a while before he even left his hive behind, plus he got away with an intact scoutship.

He could easily have specs for the asgard beams, shields who knows what else. Now if he can build it is another matter but he's fairly clever and even a knocked off less eficient version of some of that Asgard wundertech is going to be an insurmountable advantage when applied to a ship the size of a hive.

If Todd took advantage of this opportunity properly his alliance probably became the front runner to win the civil war.

With these potential upgrades and the gene therapy freeing them from a need for human food, Todd's alliance is sitting quite pretty right now. If they do emerge as winners in the war the new Wraith civlization they forge is going to be considerably more powerful but likely also more benevolent.
              I suspect he did. I think he will use it at the opportune moment to use it to his advantage.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                actually I think the wraith came out winners here

the Attero device is destroyed
                they have the location of both Earth and Atlantis
                they have intergalactic hyperdrive specs from Daedalus (unless they're idiots)

all they have to do now is regroup upgrade their fleet and head on straight to Earth
                Indeed. If Todd had half a brain he ripped off god knows how much tech specs and information from the Daedalus and sent it back to his hive.
                Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                I suspect he did. I think he will use it at the opportune moment to use it to his advantage.
                You guys all forgot one very important thing: Todd's not writing the scripts, humans are.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  You guys all forgot one very important thing: Todd's not writing the scripts, humans are.

das
                  This.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

das
                    I'll bet you'd they'd be better if he was.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      At what cost though? Millions are dead. If the retrovirus worked, and enough alliances were forced to take it, those millions would still be alive.

yeah, but those millions would proboly end up dead sooner or later because once the wraith have got to eat regular food they will just cull entire planets crops or a lot of animals because something tells me their not gonna be vegitarians and if those people loose their food they will die of starvation. and who knows maybe the wraith still might have a taste for human flesh......
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Ok even if he didn't get the intel. He has one intel the Wraith don't have. He knows when the Attero started and he knows when it stopped.

Todd realized what was happening early he could have communicated this info to the entire alliance hence his alliance learned of the Attero early. His alliance would have stopped using their hyperdrive earlier than the others. Word would have gotten out about it later. The others would stop using their hyperdrives. Since they don't know the Attero was destroyed, Todd can mount massive assualt on his rivals if he acts quick enough.

Also destroying the Attero should improve Todd's street cred. A lot of WRaith will be greatful for his work.
                        He can also bluff the other hives. He can claim he found the Attero and is now under his control. So he controls Wraith Hyperdrive channels. He can probably bluff it at least a few days a few weeks may be.

In any case, I believe Todd's faction would emerge stronger than most.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          yeah, but those millions would proboly end up dead sooner or later because once the wraith have got to eat regular food they will just cull entire planets crops or a lot of animals because something tells me their not gonna be vegitarians and if those people loose their food they will die of starvation. and who knows maybe the wraith still might have a taste for human flesh......
                          I don't think this would be likely to happen for two main reasons.

1: There are a lot of planets in Pegasus which are no longer inhabited by humans.

2: Pegasus humans tend to have their settlements near their planet's Stargate.

Wraith could lead a hunter/gatherer lifestyle on those planets without humans on them. They could even roam around 90% of the inhabited planets without inconveniencing the humans. Maybe some of them would take human produced food but it wouldn't be a good idea to cause humans to starve to death as a result because this would mean having to take up farming themselves.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe we shall see the results later on in the season or in the film. But i do hope if nothing else, they got info on how to build a counter to the beam weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Maybe we shall see the results later on in the season or in the film. But i do hope if nothing else, they got info on how to build a counter to the beam weapon.
                              Of course the have. Just One word: Corbomite Reflector.
                              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Working...
                              X