This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebellion

I am currently reading this book, Stargate Rebellion by Bill McCay. This is what the back reads:

When the crack team of scientists and soldiers entered the Stargate, armed rebellion on a planet a million lightyears away was the last thing on their minds. Now that it's started, no one can ignore it-not commando Jack O'Niel..(I know..two L's..) not renegade Egyptologist Daniel Jackson, and most of all not the newly freed people of Abydos. But both the US Army and Ra's vicious successor, Hathor, have other ideas for the..Stargate.

Now the really only things that really bug me is that they have the Army in there..(not Air Force), Jack's misspelling, and that instead of Jack's son named Charlie, it's Jack Junior...(that one made me laugh..)
    *In Memory of Martouf*

Could it be a book from the movie rather than from the TV series? If Tealc and Sam aren't in there then it's probably the movie, in which case the name isn't mis spelt - movie o'neil just had one L.

However, in the movie his son is named Tyler, not Jack Junior!
    sigpic

Comment

From what I hear Rebellion is supposed to be a follow up to the movie - possibly it was one of D+E's sequel ideas that got novelised but never got filmed due to SG1 coming on the scene.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

McCay's books are based off the original MOVIE. So Jack's name is spelled right, his son's name is correct, and the Army would be involved. The movie-based books are quite a bit different from the TV series, but I thought the were still really interesting. A whole new perspective on the Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          McCay's books are based off the original MOVIE. So Jack's name is spelled right, his son's name is correct, and the Army would be involved. The movie-based books are quite a bit different from the TV series, but I thought the were still really interesting. A whole new perspective on the Stargate universe.
          Yup, the McCay book is canon for the movie. Apparently, a lot of what happens in the book - how the Earthers treat the Adydonians, for example - was actually part of what ended up on the cutting room floor when they made the movie.

I liked the book. The culture Ra created was fascinating and frightening. I so wish we could have gotten a similar glimpse of the series Goa'uld culture!
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            McCay's books are based off the original MOVIE.
            If one wants to get real nit-picky (and let's face it - one does), one might point out that Jack's son in the movie was named Tyler and not Jack, Jr. However, Jack, Jr. was his name in the movie novelization. So maybe the books work best a sequel to that, rather than the actual film?
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

yeah, this is based off teh movie. which is why i never got the rest and read them ( i think i have 2 of the 4)

no sam, no teal'c....no fun for me
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yeh the 5 book series which rebellion is in, is based as a direct sequel to the film rather than the show....

which one is rebellion? Book1? Where did you get it from?

Comment

I'm thinking that Rebellion is either book 1 or 2, depending on if they were started before or after the movie was released....And i got it from my library..when i was boredd..I just typed Stargate and that's what came up
                  *In Memory of Martouf*

Comment

rebellions book 1 in the 5 book set after the movie, im currently getting book 2 from some site, has anyone here read any of the other 5?

Comment

I've read them all. I don't agree with everything that was done in them, but I still think they're an interesting read. And I definitely felt a need to finish the series once I started it... and was left kinda wishing there were more.

Comment

are the ideas in the book from emmrich and stuff? cos they wanted a trilogy right?

Comment

Visit the Books SectionDISCUSS ...
                          REBELLION
                          AUTHOR - Bill McCay

Jack O'Neil, Daniel Jackson, and the newly freed people of Abydos must deal with the fall-out of Ra's destruction when his successor, Hathor, arrives.

Visit the Books Section >>
                          Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2004, 07:56 PM.

Comment

im assumuing no1s posted cos no1 has these, i found them all for auction on ebay and grabbed em for £20.

Its an interesting twist from SG-1, because the way the humans treat the abydans(as they are called in this book) more like humans would in real-life, like people from the 3rd world.

The God thing is a tad different thought and somewhat confusing at places. Only Ra seems to have had the alien inside, but the rest are all survival of the fittest humans taking the roles as gods.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well I've started to read this for the second time and it's still as interesting as the first time. It's really interesting and I like the conflict between the 2 races and how they stop O'Neil from being friendly with the adydans.

So no-one else has read this?
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X