This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there could be a show that has NOTHING to do the the Ancients

Other than the presence of the Stargate itself I really wish TPTB could have come up with a show that has NOTHING to do with something the Ancients did, something the Ancients created, or anything to do with the their back story. Quite simply put, the Ancients have been DONE TO DEATH. Why not take the franchise back to its core or exploration instead or wandering all over the universe trying to find some piece of tech invented by some race that's been extinct for 10 millenia. Atlantis was enough and Universe is just going to be Atlantix redux with a twist of Infinity *shudders...*. There is so much left to do in the Milky Way and areas we already know about. Stories with the Asgard, Nox, and maybe even the Furlings at some point would be interesting, but no more Ancients.

I loved Stargate Continuum. You know why? They only ever even said the word "Ancient" once. I've had enough of the Ancients and hopefully some of the rest of have as well because if not I'm about to be severely dogpiled upon.

I was under the impression we didn't mention Infinity in polite company?

Comment

I don't see how you can have a story about an ancient ship and not use Ancients in the story. They may not be as prominently used as in SGA, but they probably will play some type of role in the overall story. I like Ancients tech and when they discover new Ancient sites. So bring on the ancients. And if you try to dogpile me, I'm gonna Google you! j/k

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
      -Dow ad

Comment

Originally posted by TheHumanElement View Post
        I don't see how you can have a story about an ancient ship and not use Ancients in the story. They may not be as prominently used as in SGA, but they probably will play some type of role in the overall story. I like Ancients tech and when they discover new Ancient sites. So bring on the ancients. And if you try to dogpile me, I'm gonna Google you! j/k
        i 2nd that. Ancient tech is SO cool and really advanced. they make the other races look weak. LOL. with the exception of the Asgard of course.

Comment

Virtually everything in Stargate links back to the Ancients in one way or another. I don't think its possible at this point to have a show that does not have some Ancient link, even indirectly (like the most obvious being the human race as an engineered second evolution of the Ancients).

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
            Other than the presence of the Stargate itself I really wish TPTB could have come up with a show that has NOTHING to do with something the Ancients did, something the Ancients created, or anything to do with the their back story. Quite simply put, the Ancients have been DONE TO DEATH. Why not take the franchise back to its core or exploration instead or wandering all over the universe trying to find some piece of tech invented by some race that's been extinct for 10 millenia. Atlantis was enough and Universe is just going to be Atlantix redux with a twist of Infinity *shudders...*. There is so much left to do in the Milky Way and areas we already know about. Stories with the Asgard, Nox, and maybe even the Furlings at some point would be interesting, but no more Ancients.

I loved Stargate Continuum. You know why? They only ever even said the word "Ancient" once. I've had enough of the Ancients and hopefully some of the rest of have as well because if not I'm about to be severely dogpiled upon.
            Boooooo....

I love the Ancients, and don't believe they have been in the shows enough.
            You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Thats like saying I want Star Trek without Klingons
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
                Boooooo....

I love the Ancients, and don't believe they have been in the shows enough.
                It was Good idea for SG-1 and maybe early Atlantis but...yeah. there God in Stargate. "ooo we need a new weapon to defeat this new enemy! lets dig into the Ancient's records!" too, convenient for a third series to draw from. they should explore new races and advanced technology that is different from the Ancient's. the closest thing was the Asgard (then the killed themselves ) The Stargate Writers need to be creative! *they should have aliens that look like cephalopods . some ally to make that look nothing like a homo sapian (even the Asgard had a vaguely human look) I'll wait to see how they do with Universe. Character development was very good in Atlantis and SG-1 and I hope to see more in Universe.

Comment

Personally, I can't get enough of the Ancients.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                    It was Good idea for SG-1 and maybe early Atlantis but...yeah. there God in Stargate. "ooo we need a new weapon to defeat this new enemy! lets dig into the Ancient's records!" too, convenient for a third series to draw from. they should explore new races and advanced technology that is different from the Ancient's. the closest thing was the Asgard (then the killed themselves ) The Stargate Writers need to be creative! *they should have aliens that look like cephalopods . some ally to make that look nothing like a homo sapian (even the Asgard had a vaguely human look) I'll wait to see how they do with Universe. Character development was very good in Atlantis and SG-1 and I hope to see more in Universe.
                    I see your point. I mean the ancients can't always be the solution for every problem, but i don't think that's reason enough to phase them out of the show. Instead of phasing them out, they should instead take the development of the Ancients within the series in a new direction. For example they can address the relationship with the Furlings, Nox, and Asgard.

I don't think they should create aliens that use too much make up in the show though. I think it will waste too much money from their budget. They should pour more money into getting better writers instead. I wouldn't mind seeing more puppets though, like the Asgard. Farscape did a great job with puppets in their show. If you made the aliens of Stargate like the aliens of Farscape, I'd be down with that, but they'd have to do it sparingly.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                    -Dow ad

Comment

Could be i misunderstood the plot details of the show, but I am pretty sure that we gate to an ancient ship, and then have to try and find our way back to earth...Not go searching for ancient weapons, or the like...I'm pretty sure we're going to be going out to explore totally new planets...

That's just what the plot releases say. If you guys have more informaton...please...share it with the class...

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                        That's just what the plot releases say. If you guys have more informaton...please...share it with the class...
                        Nope, that's pretty much all we've heard.

I think we are building a tower of cards in this forum on top of a nonexistant base, the plot and character summaries. As soon as TPTB changes one thing and pulls a card out, all our speculation is going to come crashing down.

Which means we can start all over again.

Comment

fun aint it.

i hate the ancients, as TPTB cant keep em up as greatest race ever. lanteans are a disgrace. the asgard wear the crown now. SGU will probably be about annother ancient faction which does even worse. even though i cant wait for SGU

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
                            Nope, that's pretty much all we've heard.

I think we are building a tower of cards in this forum on top of a nonexistant base, the plot and character summaries. As soon as TPTB changes one thing and pulls a card out, all our speculation is going to come crashing down.

Which means we can start all over again.
                            That's what I thought...

grr...some people make me quite angry with their...malcontent...and assumptions.........GAH!

Comment

Look the way I see it is that one of two things can happen with SGU:

1. The Ancient ship premise will be used to simply get the team strandad and then they will find new enemies and technology which the Ancients havn't influenced, or

2. TPTB will pull some unoriginal crap and have the Ancients settle an entire galaxy and seed more primitive and BORING humans
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X