PDA

View Full Version : A theory on Sylar and Peter's powers (S4 spoilers)

kiki_is_my_name
February 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I made this post to inform whateach of thier powers are since the both collect powers in one way of another. so far of what i know of these are there powers. And feel free to add more as the show goes on. or if i wrote it wrong. I dont know some of the names of the powers so ill just say what it looks like and the name of the person they got it from.
Peter Sylar
1 Mimicry 1 Telekinesis
2 Telekinsis 2 Super Hearing
3 Invisibility 3 Moleculer regeneration/Zann Taylor
4 Flying 4 Persuasin
5 Indestructible
6 Clairvoyance
7 Time warping

kiki_is_my_name
February 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
uh that didnt turn out as i hoped but Sylar avilities are the ones on the right and peters on the left

IcyNeko
February 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM
... Sylar didnt' get persuasion.

And before you follow up with a "YUH HUH", Eden shot herself in the head to prevent him from doing it. It's in teh comics.

AJZ
February 20th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Sylar has powers he physically stole via brain.... Peter on the other hand has every ones powers that he comes in contact with including all of Sylars powers. No matter what Peter will have the most powers.

JanusAncient
February 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Agreed. Peter, but he might be temporarily out of sorts when he absorbes Sylar's super hearing.

MB.Eddie
February 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Peter has more powers that we know of atm, but if he came up against Sylar now he would probably lose as he doesnt have enough control. Give him more time, and more powers to absorb, and he would own Sylar. Peter is a very powerful hero...

SaberBlade
February 21st, 2007, 12:18 AM
Sylar has also got the power to freeze, and he also would have taken Charlie's ability to to remember anything.

However, I wouldn't call Peter indestructable. He can die, but it's Claire's advanced regeneration capabilities that have kept him alive, but we've seen that stabbing her in the head with something can stop the process, meaning he's twice as likely to be taken by surprise and stopped.

IcyNeko
February 21st, 2007, 07:51 AM
Just remember... as much as Sylar might be able to freeze, Peter can pull that power too and stand the cold. Sylar's outclassed as long as Peter can keep out of sight. If Peter can master his control....

smurf
February 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM
I don't think Peter can copy any ability he hasn't directly experienced. As far as I can see anyway. So I don't think he has everything Sylar has - like the freezing.
Of course, until Sylar uses it. :)

And the mind-reading has been missed out.

IcyNeko
February 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
Peter can use any he's in proximity to. He could draw the future, even though he didn't see Isaac "Tex" Mendez use it.

smurf
February 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hmm, true. I wonder if it's different with Sylar since these are not Sylar's natural abilities. They're not constantly "on" except after a brain-feast?

That said, I figure brain eating might not be skill Peter would want. :)

kiki_is_my_name
February 21st, 2007, 04:50 PM
did we see sylar get freeze if so i missed more episodes then i thought and of wut i have seen before if peter has the kind of mimicry that i thought, he can absorb only the natural abilities of people he can come into contact with.

the fifth man
February 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Peter has more powers that we know of atm, but if he came up against Sylar now he would probably lose as he doesnt have enough control. Give him more time, and more powers to absorb, and he would own Sylar. Peter is a very powerful hero...

I agree. With time, Peter should be able to take Sylar in a fight.

Peter is growing more and more powerful as time goes on. He is definitely my favorite hero, along with Hiro that is.:D

travis
February 21st, 2007, 09:47 PM
I was thinking after watching unexspected that Sylar got the hearing power to counter Peters invisibility, but I dont know if this would last as peter would obsorb the hearing as well. I hope not cause it would mke the cat and mouse game between those two very interesting.

smurf
February 22nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
did we see sylar get freeze if so i missed more episodes then i thought and of wut i have seen before if peter has the kind of mimicry that i thought, he can absorb only the natural abilities of people he can come into contact with.
We didn't see him get it, but in the ep where we were introduced to Matt we saw a member of the family Sylar killed was frozen.

I was thinking after watching unexspected that Sylar got the hearing power to counter Peters invisibility, but I dont know if this would last as peter would obsorb the hearing as well. I hope not cause it would mke the cat and mouse game between those two very interesting.
I think that once Peter learns to control his power then he will always win in a fight with Sylar, because every time Sylar pulls out something new Peter will learn it.
I suppose that's why, I think, they're going to play a long game in getting Peter to learn to control his power. Otherwise it all gets a bit easy. A bit like the old Stargate thing of finding tech we can't keep.

travis
February 22nd, 2007, 02:38 AM
We didn't see him get it, but in the ep where we were introduced to Matt we saw a member of the family Sylar killed was frozen.

I think that once Peter learns to control his power then he will always win in a fight with Sylar, because every time Sylar pulls out something new Peter will learn it.
I suppose that's why, I think, they're going to play a long game in getting Peter to learn to control his power. Otherwise it all gets a bit easy. A bit like the old Stargate thing of finding tech we can't keep.

I have a feeling that there going to counter that what not sure yet but if I come up with something I shall repost

MB.Eddie
February 22nd, 2007, 02:45 AM
Perhaps they might make it so Peter can only use a power so many times, or so many times within a week or something like that.

And atm Peter might be able to counter the freezing, since he has the radiation guys nuke ability...

smurf
February 22nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
I have a feeling that there going to counter that what not sure yet but if I come up with something I shall repost
I'm just theorising based on it being a TV show. You can't successfully have a character who is a perfect super-duper hero, because every time something bad is about to happen everyone will say "Send for Peter!" Leaving either a very dull show, or dafter and dafter excuses as to why Peter isn't available.

It doesn't matter how they do it - not being able to control his powers, some magic serum which counteracts it, making him bad (like Sylar), killing him off (:eek:) - it's just the nature of TV shows.
They've already started, IMO, since just as he's starting to control his power Claud disappears. (pun intended)

jds1982
February 22nd, 2007, 08:18 AM
And atm Peter might be able to counter the freezing, since he has the radiation guys nuke ability...

He hasn't met Ted yet so he doesn't have his power.

MB.Eddie
February 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
He hasn't met Ted yet so he doesn't have his power.

Ah yeah, thats right. I got confused with his dreams of the future, where he had the power...

IcyNeko
February 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM

Simple. Peter can fly and has telekinesis. We saw him do this. :D

Pitry
February 22nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
Ah yeah, thats right. I got confused with his dreams of the future, where he had the power...

Yeah, speaking fo which, doesn't that count as a power as well? :) Hey, Peter can predict the future in two different ways! :D

kiki_is_my_name
February 22nd, 2007, 03:26 PM
I think to make the show little bit interesting they will start to have peter and sylar fight everycouple of episodes and it be peters winning but some how sylar fends him off then dissappears or something like like the wolverine and sabertooth thing from xmen

IMForeman
February 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Peter has met Eden as well. He theoretically could use her persuasion power if he only knew about it.

Easter Lily
February 22nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Much as I believe that there will be some kind of face off between the two, I just don't think Heroes is the kind of show that one watches for X-Men type confrontations. It seems to me that Heroes is about discovery... finding out who these people are, what they are capable of and them finding out who they are and what they're capable of. I've always thought of it as pre-X-men.
That's what I like about it anyway, although I'm not in principle against our "heroes" demonstrating their prowess. ;)

Major Tyler
February 22nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Syler's original power was to be able to "see how things work" by taking them apart.

Pros:
Syler knows exactly how an ability works once he's done examining the subject.

Syler's control of a taken power is as natural as if he was born with it.

Cons:
Syler must "take someone apart" in order to learn how their ability works.

There is a short adjustment period for some more complex abilities (super hearing) if the original subject had such a period.
________

Peter's original power is the ability to absorb someone's ability simply by being in their presence.

Pros:
Peter need only to be around someone to begin learning their ability.

Cons:
Peter has a rather substantial adjustment period to master his newly received ability, and rarely is able to use it as well as the original person even after that period.

Peter must consciously recall an individual's "aura" in order to use the ability he gleaned from them.

Pitry
February 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
Cons:
Peter has a rather substantial adjustment period to master his newly received ability, and rarely is able to use it as well as the original person even after that period.

Peter must consciously recall an individual's "aura" in order to use the ability he gleaned from them.

See, I'm not sure about that last part. He used TK without thinking of it or realising he had it. When Claude first asked him "which one of your sorry friends has TK" he answers no one - and only then remembers Sylar.
I'm also not sure it's an adjustment period for his new powers. We saw him doing some pertty insane stuff without practicing it first in the fight against Isaac, like showing up the way Sylar does - h never actualyl saw Sylar doing that - or the TK bit. I think it's general control for his abilities, not any specific one.

travis
February 23rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Perhaps they might make it so Peter can only use a power so many times, or so many times within a week or something like that.

That is what I'm thinking down the line of, in a sense some kind of bad side effect.

travis
February 23rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
I'm just theorising based on it being a TV show. You can't successfully have a character who is a perfect super-duper hero, because every time something bad is about to happen everyone will say "Send for Peter!" Leaving either a very dull show, or dafter and dafter excuses as to why Peter isn't available.

It doesn't matter how they do it - not being able to control his powers, some magic serum which counteracts it, making him bad (like Sylar), killing him off (:eek:) - it's just the nature of TV shows.
They've already started, IMO, since just as he's starting to control his power Claud disappears. (pun intended)

Very true about your post, but in the long run there must be some kind of side effect or consequences to having that much power which could limit to the use off it. I cant really see them spending another whole season on him mastering it cause it can become old and boring, but I guess will see as it unfold.

Pitry
February 23rd, 2007, 01:57 AM
Very true about your post, but in the long run there must be some kind of side effect or consequences to having that much power which could limit to the use off it. I cant really see them spending another whole season on him mastering it cause it can become old and boring, but I guess will see as it unfold.

They can't do that at any rate - if they plan to have more than 2 seasons (of course, considernig they're not plalnning to kill PEter off) - they'd still end up with a character way too powerful when everything's over. No, I'd suppose they have something in mind on the side-effect/ restriction department rather than it being a quesiton of him mastering his powers.

travis
February 23rd, 2007, 02:11 AM
They can't do that at any rate - if they plan to have more than 2 seasons (of course, considernig they're not plalnning to kill PEter off) - they'd still end up with a character way too powerful when everything's over. No, I'd suppose they have something in mind on the side-effect/ restriction department rather than it being a quesiton of him mastering his powers.

Exacly my point. How, its hard to say now until we get more info. It could be possible that another hero could play a part in this.

MB.Eddie
February 23rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
Perhaps something might happen to Peter and all the powers will be lost, and everything reset. Still they could only do that once or twice, then it would get stupid...

Major Tyler
February 23rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Well, we've already seen some bad side effects. Wasn't Peter in a coma for two weeks because he couldn't handle all of the new abilities swimming around. I imagine his restriction is going to mainly be that the more abilities he uses, the more tired and unstable he becomes. If he knows he's risking brain overload, I'm sure he'll be judicious about when and how much he uses his powers.

Pitry
February 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Peter- I don't believe he'll lose all of his powers, because he's still a super-hero and one of the heroes of the show. I just hope it won't be a "my powers come and go randomly" bit because that would mean that whenevr he needs a specific power, that power would be available to him by miracle. Well, they migt do it bette rthat whenever he needs a power the wrnog power will come up :)

Coma - yup, but the character can't spend the rest of his life in a compelte system collaps and/ or comas. ;)
Th eproblem with Peter is that he's got a hero fixation. He has to save the world - look at what happened with Homecoming. He knew he's prolly going to die there - he saw Isaac's painting without knowing Claire's abilities like the rest of us who could figure it out beforehand. And yet he still went. If Peter would be put in a situatino of sacrificing himself to save the world/ a loved one, he's dumb enough and with enough of the angsty teenager/ super-hero mentality to actually do it. (sidenote: GOD! I wish he'd grow up already!)

kiki_is_my_name
February 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM
What i meant by the x-men thing is in all the comics and tv shows Wolverine and sabertooth were like mortal enemies. Sabertooth was the only enemy Wolverine couldnt beat so the fought and foght and eventually when Sabertooth was transformed by Apocalyse he lost some of his advantages so eventually wolverine beat him. So with Peter and Sylar something could eventually happen to Sylar that he might not be able to control or something and he could lose his advantages over Peter.

alaskannut
February 28th, 2007, 02:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHUYt9uvSU

:eek:
Guess we know how he gets the scar now...:eek:

Tempis
February 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm not so sure Charlie was a "hero." She said herself that she had been to the doctor and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's quite possible that her mental abilities were a result of the tumor and not because of the genetic mutation. So Sylar may not have her ability to recall anything.

Doze
March 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not so sure Charlie was a "hero." She said herself that she had been to the doctor and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's quite possible that her mental abilities were a result of the tumor and not because of the genetic mutation. So Sylar may not have her ability to recall anything.Or if the tumor was a side effect of the ability then Sylar may now have a tumor, also. :cool:

IcyNeko
March 1st, 2007, 11:23 AM
Sylar's referred to his new ability to recall everything. So I think Charlie was a hero. :P

jds1982
March 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Or if the tumor was a side effect of the ability then Sylar may now have a tumor, also. :cool:

That'd be great, idiot gives himself a brain tumor and that's how he's defeated.

1000 Posts!

The Ori
March 2nd, 2007, 07:04 AM
What the hell is Clairevoyance!

jds1982
March 2nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
What the hell is Clairevoyance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyance

Major Tyler
March 2nd, 2007, 07:45 AM
What the hell is Clairevoyance!It means being able to voyance Claire Bennett. When she turns 18 I'd be happy to voyance her anytime. ;)

Gelondil
March 2nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
I didn't see it mentioned, but the dynamics have changed significantly in regards to the Sylar vs Peter comparison...

Spoilers only if you're 2 weeks behind, in which case you should be watching the show now and not reading forums.

Firstly, it cannot be forgotten that Peter has quite likely gained the Haitians abilities during their encounter on the rooftop. That is going to be the clincher in any 1-on-1 with Sylar. Peter can now conceivably counter any power thrown at him.

Other thoughts...

Peter does not need to see a power used before he can use it. In fact, most of the time he doesn't know about it until it happens. He also doesn't need to think about it consciously, he can use a power on reflex in a desperate situation.

Peter doesn't seem to have any more trouble absorbing new powers than did the original owners. He was laid out in the hospital for a while, but probably due to internal injuries that did not regenerate completely.

Peter isn't becoming some ultra-god with all these powers. Peter can't use them at all unless he's in a dire situation or is around someone else who can use it. The only exception to this I can recall is when he used Isaac's power in the hospital, and shortly after acquiring it.

If there is a side effect of his absorbing of powers, the 'cure' probably lies with the good Dr Suresh. If he can do anything useful at all, this is it. It's about time Mohindir stops running around chasing dead leads, and actually works on an inhibitor or somesuch. Before Peter meets the nuke guy and blows everybody up.

Sylar may not have spontaneous regeneration as a power, but he can repair himself. Between his own natural power and telekinesis, he can fix anything with his head. He's the worlds best surgeon, in any field, especially neurosurgery!

Charlie was definitely a hero. Just because her power manifested in the form of a tumor doesn't mean it wasn't a valid power. We don't even know if the tumor was life-threatening, only that the doctors thought it was.

Easter Lily
March 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Does Peter actually just absorb powers by being with the person? Don't they actually have to use the power first?

Major Tyler
March 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Does Peter actually just absorb powers by being with the person? Don't they actually have to use the power first?I think he can reflexively use an ability without actually "seeing" it, but I think to consciously use a power, he has to has some idea of what he's consciously trying to do...if that makes sense. :P

the fifth man
March 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
I think he can reflexively use an ability without actually "seeing" it, but I think to consciously use a power, he has to has some idea of what he's consciously trying to do...if that makes sense. :P

I understand what you mean.

Pitry
March 4th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Does Peter actually just absorb powers by being with the person? Don't they actually have to use the power first?

Not necessarily - I'm not usre how much of what he's demonstrated in Unexpected he's seen Sylar do.. I'm pretty sure the menacing voice wasn't a trait shown by Sylar when they met, even if TK and appearing out of nowhere were.

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Well, Sylar did use TK on Peter. The whole "Throwing lockers at Peter" was pretty evident of that.

silence
March 5th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Sylar is damn powerful in "Parasite".

spoilers for 1x18
He is pinning Suresh to the ceiling with TK and still can throw Peter, grab him and start cutting his forehead ... and Sylar was as creepy as possible in 1x18. I am guessing Peter will heal himself, but he is pretty shaken about Simone's death .. maybe he won't heal fully, cause he seems really shaken about Simone.

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 06:30 AM
No he's not, Silence. He pinned Mohinder using the same technique he always uses on his non-special victims: pinned through the hands, legs, etc. Mohinder was bleeding from his wounds. :P

AJZ
March 5th, 2007, 07:18 AM
So tonight we get a little taste of the show down from what I have seen in the previews..... I can't wait!!!! :D

Pitry
March 5th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Well, Sylar did use TK on Peter. The whole "Throwing lockers at Peter" was pretty evident of that.

Yeah, I meant he did use TK and the appearing out fo nowhere bit. He dind't use the nifty voice-throwing thingie Peter used on Isaac at the end of Unexpected, neither did we actually see anyone use it prior to Peter, so obviously he doesn;t need to see an ability in order to use it.

IcyNeko
March 5th, 2007, 08:31 AM
So he's got 'em all? Just has to call them?

Pitry
March 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
So he's got 'em all? Just has to call them?

It does look that way. Another example is the precognitive dreams - he's never seen anyone actually using them, or been made aware of it. I grow more suspicious it's also an acquired ability, rather than Peter having two abilities - Parasite.
Since we now know Grandma Petrelli knows more or less everything, and it's quite likely she/ Petrelli Sr/ both have been working with Linderman who also knows everything, it's quite likely she has powers too. The first power that manifested itself with Peter wasn't flight - it was precognitive dreams. What if he got the dreaming ability from his mum? Or his dad, for that matter...

silence
March 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
No he's not, Silence. He pinned Mohinder using the same technique he always uses on his non-special victims: pinned through the hands, legs, etc. Mohinder was bleeding from his wounds. :P

ooops .. didnt see that

/feels dumb

GreyFox
March 6th, 2007, 12:21 PM
now peter has all sylar has

when he learns to use them he'll pwn all

Major Tyler
March 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM
now peter has all sylar has

when he learns to use them he'll pwn allYou think he can pawn his powers? Even if he could, why would he? WTF? :tealcanime49:

IcyNeko
March 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I love it when they use gaming terms in normal conversation. Brings the thread to a new low.

Peter's personality makes him so unlikely to use his ability for evil.

I am kind of curious what would happen if Sylar got Peter's ability... it seems like Sylar and Peter and yin and yang. Sylar wants all the powers that he lacks. Peter seems to inherently have them.

alaskannut
March 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM
You think he can pawn his powers? Even if he could, why would he? WTF? :tealcanime49:
Well heck, if he wants to sell them, I'll take 'em...especially the flying and invisibility powers;)

Ohhh the possibilities:D:D:D

Seriously though....enough with the pwn-crap--this isn't WoW or Counter Strike:mckay:

Major Tyler
March 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Well heck, if he wants to sell them, I'll take 'em...especially the flying and invisibility powers ;)I'd pay loads for Claire's regeneration! It's the most practical. :P

Cap116
May 19th, 2007, 12:10 PM
After found out he absorbed Sylar telekinesis, it got me thinking has Peter absorbed all of the other abilities that Sylar has stolen? I would think so, since he stole telekinesis, but Peter hasn't done anything with the other powers yet? Any Ideas?

memnarch
May 19th, 2007, 01:02 PM
The producers have acknowledged that this is possible, not to mention Eden's persuasion and the Haitian's ability. But it's not likely that he'd be able to use some of the powers that aren't always active unless he sees them being used.

If and when Sylar and Peter face off, which is obviously going to happen, Peter will probably be able to turn anything Sylar throws at him back at him, especially since the only powers Sylar has that are really useful in a battle situation are telekinesis, his freezing ability and Ted's radiation, two of which Peter already has.

Starxgate
May 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Dont forget Peter also has Hiros Time Abilities thanks to meeting Future Hiro

Iguana775
May 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
The producers have acknowledged that this is possible, not to mention Eden's persuasion and the Haitian's ability. But it's not likely that he'd be able to use some of the powers that aren't always active unless he sees them being used.

If and when Sylar and Peter face off, which is obviously going to happen, Peter will probably be able to turn anything Sylar throws at him back at him, especially since the only powers Sylar has that are really useful in a battle situation are telekinesis, his freezing ability and Ted's radiation, two of which Peter already has.

Eden blew her head off before Sylar could take her ability....at least I think that's what happened.

Buddhawasanancient
May 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Eden blew her head off before Sylar could take her ability....at least I think that's what happened.

Yes but PETER met Eden before she did that. The problem with that is Peter didn't know she had an ability. He absorbed it just like the Haitian's, and all of Sylar's powers but because he doesn't know about them, it's like he doesn't have them. After Claude pushed him off that roof and he regenerated by thinking of Claire right before he hit, he figured out he has to remember each person as he was "calling out" his powers. So if he doesn't know a person has a power, he'll never know to use that power. Now that I think about it, once he realizes he has more powers via Sylar, he'll probably have to think about him AND the power to narrow it down...

Cap116
May 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yes but PETER met Eden before she did that. The problem with that is Peter didn't know she had an ability. He absorbed it just like the Haitian's, and all of Sylar's powers but because he doesn't know about them, it's like he doesn't have them. After Claude pushed him off that roof and he regenerated by thinking of Claire right before he hit, he figured out he has to remember each person as he was "calling out" his powers. So if he doesn't know a person has a power, he'll never know to use that power. Now that I think about it, once he realizes he has more powers via Sylar, he'll probably have to think about him AND the power to narrow it down...

Good explanaiton, green for you. I was thinking about that too. Of course it makes sense that he can't use a power if he doesn't know who he got it from or who they are.

Buddhawasanancient
May 19th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Good explanaiton, green for you.

TY:)

Plo Koon
May 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
hey this isnt about peter leeching sylar but it is about peter leeching, what would peter get from nikki/jessica?:mckay:

Buddhawasanancient
May 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
hey this isnt about peter leeching sylar but it is about peter leeching, what would peter get from nikki/jessica?:mckay:

Probably just her Super-Strength. I have theory that her power has nothing to do with her "Split-Personality"...

Cap116
May 19th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Probably just her Super-Strength. I have theory that her power has nothing to do with her "Split-Personality"...

I think her split personality, Jessica, uses the super strength because she is more confident than Nikki. Plus, why would Peter need super strength when he has telekinesis.

LiquidKal
May 19th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I agree that Nikki's power is just Super Strength.
But I think the split personality might be a result of Jessica's power. As in her sister who died when they were kids. It's likely Jessica had an ability too since they were sisters, so what if her ability was to actually possess other people. So when she was killed, her consciousness jumped into Nikki's mind.

I think Peter could only absorb the strength though. Jessica's power if she had one died with her body, and only her mind remains as a remnant. So Peter wouldn't be able to absorb that.

Or Nikki could just be crazy and created Jessica as a self defense mechanism. :P I like the possession possibility better though.

Gala
May 20th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Heres an interesting guess, Peter gets Niki's alter ego ability turns bad and decides he wants to destroy the city.

I can pretty much guess that that wont ever happen but still its a possibility :D

hyzmarca
May 20th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Niki and Jessica do have two separate bodies that trade places. We know that because of the tattoo. If they were just two minds in a single body then the tattoo would nor vanish and reappear.

IcyNeko
May 21st, 2007, 07:51 AM
Peter really didn't see Claire use her superhealing powers before eh fell off the roof. He only felt the effects of it when being in her presence when he and Sylar fell, and quickly deduced that her power was superheal.

Iguana775
May 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM

Well, did he know that Claude could become invisible when he first met? he was able to see him and turned invisible without even knowing it. I think that's how it went anyways.

Also with Parkman......he was able to hear people's thoughts too but does he know that Parkman can?

there's also the telekinesis. who did he get that from? he did it out of pure self defense when Claude was smacking him with the stick. I dont think he thought of anyone at the time. his mind just reacted.

and when he fell out the window. he had no clue that Claire could heal but yet he did.

It seems to me that his mind/body can do everything it absorbs without Peter even knowing about those abilities. But he learned how to control them by thinking of that person and then became second nature.

just my 2 cents on the matter. :mckay:

Iguana775
May 21st, 2007, 09:14 AM

something kinky..... ;)

IcyNeko
May 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM
The ability to pole dance. In front of a webcam.

The Ori
May 21st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yeh, I your right Peter has to think about the person before he can use it.

Therefore he has to know that they have an ability befreo he can think about them before he can use the ability!!

IcyNeko
May 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM
But again, Peter was able to do this without thinking. He was even able to call telekinesis without recalling Sylar. When Claude asked him who had it, he had no idea. :P

Cap116
May 21st, 2007, 09:49 AM
But again, Peter was able to do this without thinking. He was even able to call telekinesis without recalling Sylar. When Claude asked him who had it, he had no idea. :P

It might have been because he was getting angry, and reminded him of Sylar without even realizing it. Or it could have been cuz he was trying to protect himself, like when he was saving Claire.

IcyNeko
May 21st, 2007, 09:58 AM
He didn't do a whole lot of protecting when he was saving claire. More like... looking back and OMG LOCKR DOORS RUN.

MarshAngel
May 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
It seems to me that his mind/body can do everything it absorbs without Peter even knowing about those abilities. But he learned how to control them by thinking of that person and then became second nature.

I think it depends on the nature of the ability and the level of control required to use it. There is definitely some reflex involved in using the abilities but only in so much as it's a natural desire. He could absorb freezing... but unless he suddenly has a deep desire for his beer to be super cold, it doesn't seem likely he'd be calling on the ability reflexively... as compared to not wanting to be hit by a falling object and pushing it out of the way telekinetically . It's a mental command you'd normally be giving your body (and fail).

Claire's ability is involuntary and Matt's abilities are somewhat involuntary. Matt has learned control after the fact but if he doesn't actively try NOT to hear thoughts, I'm betting he does. It's possible the situation is the same with Claude...except he's damaged of course and can't be visible again... so it's possible invisible is his default status... hence Peter's becoming invisible instantly on meeting him.

IcyNeko
May 22nd, 2007, 11:18 AM
Claire's ability is involuntary and Matt's abilities are somewhat involuntary. Matt has learned control after the fact but if he doesn't actively try NOT to hear thoughts, I'm betting he does. It's possible the situation is the same with Claude...except he's damaged of course and can't be visible again... so it's possible invisible is his default status... hence Peter's becoming invisible instantly on meeting him.

Why would Claude WANT to be visible? The COmpany was out to kill him...

Cycrow
May 22nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
he only has to think about the person to use thier power when they are not close by.

when they are close by it just absurbes the power without thinking about it

Ehecatl
May 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
The problem is that Peter doesn't know how many and which abilities he has. He does use his telekinesis, flying, hearing, invisibility and healing a lot though thats only because he knows he has them.

Buddhawasanancient
May 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
The problem is that Peter doesn't know how many and which abilities he has. He does use his telekinesis, flying, hearing, invisibility and healing a lot though thats only because he knows he has them.

Have we ever seen him use the hearing? I don't think he knows he has it. In last week's episode he heard Sylar planning to use Ted's fugitive status against him but he was using Parkman's power there. He heard it in his head...

May 23rd, 2007, 05:55 AM

Well my first thought was that he had to see the power in action to be able to use it. Sort of how Sylar apparently has to examine or eat or whatever he does to a person's brain to take their power. But on further thought, I've somewhat tweaked my position on the matter.

Well, did he know that Claude could become invisible when he first met? he was able to see him and turned invisible without even knowing it. I think that's how it went anyways.

Also with Parkman......he was able to hear people's thoughts too but does he know that Parkman can?

there's also the telekinesis. who did he get that from? he did it out of pure self defense when Claude was smacking him with the stick. I dont think he thought of anyone at the time. his mind just reacted.

and when he fell out the window. he had no clue that Claire could heal but yet he did.

The Claude thing brings up an interesting point. BUT I rather doubt that he is using his eyes to pick up on these powers anyways. In Claude's case, the power was still being used so whatever part of his mind is able to recognize and absorb these powers would still have been able to do so. My question is have we ever seen Peter use a power that belonged to someone he was around when they DIDN'T use their ability. I don't think we have. With the possible exception of Simone's father in that sequence near the end. But we don't even know exactly what that was, it could have been a dream or a projection of some sort for all we know.

peter_pan
May 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
My explanation is that it down to knowing what the power is and the level of control needed to use it. The powers that he uses now seem to be mainly instinctive powers. Powers that’s don’t need much mental control to use.

There are a few others questions I have about peter.
I wonder what powers the old dying man peter was careering for had? he must have absorbed his powers. Also it seems to be that the children of people with powers almost always have them, so did his daughter have powers Simone Deveaux, will we see her again in the next Seasons?
Also I wonder if Peters mum has any powers?
Didn’t Peter meet the The Haitian who worked for Mr. Bennet does he have his powers? he probably does but just doesn’t know it and know how to control them.

Hypochondriac
May 29th, 2007, 04:19 AM
My explanation is that it down to knowing what the power is and the level of control needed to use it. The powers that he uses now seem to be mainly instinctive powers. Powers that’s don’t need much mental control to use.

There are a few others questions I have about peter.
I wonder what powers the old dying man peter was careering for had? he must have absorbed his powers. Also it seems to be that the children of people with powers almost always have them, so did his daughter have powers Simone Deveaux, will we see her again in the next Seasons?
Also I wonder if Peters mum has any powers?
Didn’t Peter meet the The Haitian who worked for Mr. Bennet does he have his powers? he probably does but just doesn’t know it and know how to control them.

Isn't the Haitian power to cancel other powers? So would the leeching power work?

peter_pan
May 30th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I don’t think that he cancels the powers out but just stops people controlling them. They still have the powers but just cant uses them. The Haitian takes control of peoples minds similar to the way the drugs stop sylar using his powers. I think Peters Leeching power is biological not mental he cant control it.

Also remember when they tried capturing Nathan he couldn’t stop him from flying off. He needs to be really close even touching some people to stop them using there powers.

Archaeis
June 10th, 2007, 11:19 AM
As of now, Sylar's main goal is to accumulate powers of other superhumans. Although we haven't seen his exact means, we know that it involves murdering and consuming brain material to get the sequencing into his own DNA.

If he were to use this method to get Peter's power of proximity mimicking, do you think that Sylar would still continue to murder others to get the powers, perhaps to make sure he is the only one with them, or would he be content with simple accumulation?

Jarnin
June 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
As of now, Sylar's main goal is to accumulate powers of other superhumans. Although we haven't seen his exact means, we know that it involves murdering and consuming brain material to get the sequencing into his own DNA.

If he were to use this method to get Peter's power of proximity mimicking, do you think that Sylar would still continue to murder others to get the powers, perhaps to make sure he is the only one with them, or would he be content with simple accumulation?
Yes, he'd still kill them. He feels that since they don't know how to use their powers, they don't deserve them. Not to mention that his ultimate goal is to become the most powerful being on the planet, so others with abilities might be able to stop him.

the fifth man
June 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yes, he'd still kill them. He feels that since they don't know how to use their powers, they don't deserve them. Not to mention that his ultimate goal is to become the most powerful being on the planet, so others with abilities might be able to stop him.

I agree completely. Sylar would surely continue to kill those whose power he would take. All getting Peter's power would mean is that he could stop with the eating the brains thing.

eri-chan
June 12th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I agree completely. Sylar would surely continue to kill those whose power he would take. All getting Peter's power would mean is that he could stop with the eating the brains thing.

hmm i dont necessarily think that would stop with the brain "eating" thing. i think he'd still want to know how it works since its the basis of his power. his curiosity wont let him stop examining brains imo.

Anonmatel
June 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Nice idea, but remember Sylar wasn't stealing their brains in the first place, his power was that he could fix broken people by killing them and taking their ability.

If he were to gain Peters ability, he'd still be trying to "fix" (kill) them..

jds1982
June 12th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Nice idea, but remember Sylar wasn't stealing their brains in the first place, his power was that he could fix broken people by killing them and taking their ability.

Yeah he was doing that by stealing and examining their brains.

Exiled Master
June 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah he was doing that by stealing and examining their brains.

At most he may have only put his hands in them. You can only learn so much be looking at the outside of a dead brain (if it's alive though, you can use it's signals to control machines!)

IcyNeko
June 13th, 2007, 07:04 AM
If Sylar did get Peter's ability, he'd be curled up in a ball in the corner, rocking himself while crying about nathan being unfair to him.

Empathetic Mimicry? Try Emoooo

jds1982
June 13th, 2007, 07:39 AM
At most he may have only put his hands in them. You can only learn so much be looking at the outside of a dead brain (if it's alive though, you can use it's signals to control machines!)

Did you miss the episode where they show Molly Walker's dad with his head sliced open? His skull was empty, so someone took his brain. I don't think the FBI had a reason to, so I'm pretty sure it was Sylar. As for what he does when he takes them, who knows.

Phenix
October 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
I personally think that they are going to reconnect Peter and Sylar in a later episode. Both share a similar back story leading into this season. The major difference other than location is that Peter lost his memory where as Sylar lost his power. Sylar chose to rename himself Gabriel when he realized he had lost the ability to steal powers. Peter was given a new name and is unaware of his full capability. He has however retained his powers and will most likely begin to remember them now that he knows his name and is off to Montreal.

Anyway, I believe they'll meet again in New York.

SaberBlade
October 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
It's hard to say. Quinto is supposed to be taking a break from Heroes next month to film Star Trek. Depending on how much is filmed, it's quite possible that they'll meet up again but this time Peter will definitely win (allowing Sylar to disappear until Quinto can return).

However with Sylar pretty much gone and Gabriel back instead, we could just see him leaving to recover and regain his powers.

Phenix
October 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
It's hard to say. Quinto is supposed to be taking a break from Heroes next month to film Star Trek. Depending on how much is filmed, it's quite possible that they'll meet up again but this time Peter will definitely win (allowing Sylar to disappear until Quinto can return).

However with Sylar pretty much gone and Gabriel back instead, we could just see him leaving to recover and regain his powers.

If both are at full strength then Peter wins 9 out of 10 times. Sylar could always get lucky and hit him in the base of the brain again.

Nathan
October 23rd, 2007, 02:53 AM
Wouldn't it be a kicker if Syler's loss of power is due to Peter's loss of memory? Imagine if they were that linked?

Peter regaining memory = Sylar regaining power

Avenger
October 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
That would be pretty interesting, to say the least.

the fifth man
October 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM

You can say that again.

IcyNeko
October 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
You can say that again.

Chokito
October 24th, 2007, 10:59 PM
i definitely think they will meet up again
as you mention Star Trek, maybe we will have to wait for it,
even if it's next season

but with Peter and his memory loss
Peter is wearing the Haitian's necklace
from the comics, the Haitian said about his father

he left me with the necklace, the snake and crane to guide me
Peter's Pic (http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/ChokitoPP/Other/necklace.jpg)
Haitian's Pic (http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/ChokitoPP/Other/no-necklace.jpg)
so did the Haitain take Peter's memory away ?

Phenix
October 25th, 2007, 08:23 AM
even if it's next season

Peter's Pic (http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/ChokitoPP/Other/necklace.jpg)
Haitian's Pic (http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l174/ChokitoPP/Other/no-necklace.jpg)

That is a real possibility since the Haitian said he did a terrible thing.

The Prophet
October 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM
It'd be cool to see Peter re-develop his character as Sylar-style "murderer" and Sylar to re-develop his power as a Saviour...

Xicer
October 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
even if it's next season

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, definitely seems plausible.

Archaeis
October 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
So we have already heard Angela say that they have given some poeple their powers using that formula and obviously they (the Company) have no problem testing and experiment on their own family members, as they tried to capture both Nathan and Peter.

Angela has also made the comment that Peter is "the most powerful of us all"

I am starting to think that Sylar and Peter are the products of a company experiment to create a person who was capable of unlimited powers. They tried one approach with Sylar, and perhaps that didn't turn out the way they wanted, so Angela just dumped him off somewhere.

Then they got closer to what they wanted with Peter, but it still seems imperfect, since he still doesn't wield the level of control, or even seem to know when he has certain powers, since obviously he has had Sylar's power since their first encounter, but had to learn how to use it from Gabe in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if there might be a third out there who is somehow improved over even Peter.

Buddhawasanancient
October 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
So we have already heard Angela say that they have given some poeple their powers using that formula and obviously they (the Company) have no problem testing and experiment on their own family members, as they tried to capture both Nathan and Peter.

Angela has also made the comment that Peter is "the most powerful of us all"

I am starting to think that Sylar and Peter are the products of a company experiment to create a person who was capable of unlimited powers. They tried one approach with Sylar, and perhaps that didn't turn out the way they wanted, so Angela just dumped him off somewhere.

Then they got closer to what they wanted with Peter, but it still seems imperfect, since he still doesn't wield the level of control, or even seem to know when he has certain powers, since obviously he has had Sylar's power since their first encounter, but had to learn how to use it from Gabe in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if there might be a third out there who is somehow improved over even Peter.

This theory sounds completely plausible however I hope it is not the case. It's bad enough we find out that Nathan was given his powers, but if it's Peter too, then that just ruins some stuff for me. At the beginning of the series one of the main themes was ordinary people with extraordinary abilities and Peter was the poster boy for this. He was the quintessential ordinary person with extraordinary abilities. If he was given his abilities, that'll become just one more reason why this show is slipping as far as the writing is concerned...

flameling
October 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
It is plausible, but I prefer that Peter originally had his power and Nathan having it given to him. But one thing the formula would explain is how Kaito knew of Hiro's power long before the later knew what it was.

RoK
October 14th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I actually like the idea that some humans are born with abilities and others are given to them. It gives a new twist on things. However, I prefer it if Peter was born with his ability and it not being given to him as an infant. Because if that's the case, I would lose all respect for the writers of this show. I watch the show because it makes me ponder if people could be born with abilities, like Matt, and in my opinion, Peter's the best one out there. If it turns out that Peter was given his ability and not born with it, I would be pissed off, and stated above, I would lose all respect for the writers of this show. That and if another show like this happens to come along somewhere down the road, I'd probably not watch it because of this.

Spimman
October 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=Archaeis;9071551...since he still doesn't wield the level of control, or even seem to know when he has certain powers, since obviously he has had Sylar's power since their first encounter, but had to learn how to use it from Gabe in the future.[/QUOTE]

2 Things:
We know Peter learns control b/c future Peter is fairly hardcore with his powers.
I don't think Peter had Syler's power until he went into the future. We saw that Syler was powerful enough to have to allow Peter to learn his power.

Archaeis
October 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
No, he absorbs nearby powers no matter what. If not, you think he would have taken Ted's? Sylar's just seems to be one that requires knowledge on how to use it to actually use it.

Aerilon
October 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
If Sylar is going to turn into the good guy, and Peter into the bad (all based on assumptions at the moment), Peter might as well let Sylar take his brain for examination too, giving Sylar the Mimic ability. He can then give Peter his scalp back.

And to think, if they both turn out to be good guys, they could be given superhero costumes and they'll be the unstoppable duo. ;) haven't thought of a name for them yet tho...

Erised
October 15th, 2008, 02:19 AM
This theory sounds completely plausible however I hope it is not the case. It's bad enough we find out that Nathan was given his powers, but if it's Peter too, then that just ruins some stuff for me. At the beginning of the series one of the main themes was ordinary people with extraordinary abilities and Peter was the poster boy for this. He was the quintessential ordinary person with extraordinary abilities. If he was given his abilities, that'll become just one more reason why this show is slipping as far as the writing is concerned...

I agree but I don't see how they could possibly go on and on with a theme "ordinary people with extraordinary abilities." It was exciting in season 1, but I doubt we'd have too much excitement if it stayed that way.

Archaeis
October 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Tonight's episode did even more to convince of this being a possibility.

Arthur Petrelli obviously has some sort of power absorbtion ability. If he was behind the experiments to create the sylar/peter ability, it woud have been an excellent way for him to just send out a big storage pod of powers out into the world and then claim them whenever he needed.

the fifth man
October 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
I really hope that Peter and Sylar's abilities are natural. That they weren't given their powers. That would ruin things for me a bit.

2ndgenerationalteran
October 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM
so far i believe that peter and sylar's ability are natural, there's been a pattern that power is hereditary and related. Matt and his father;s ability are the same. We have been told that Nathan has artificial powers, so with the gene therapy he can fly while the rest of the males in his family can either steal, absorb, or understand others powers so much they can take it for their own. It may hold true for Kaito and Hiro as well since we dont know Kaito's ability.

And as for Peter i think he can absorb abilities but cant use all of them to the fullest until he knows about it. With Parkman's ability he could screw with a lot of people but when he tries he isn't as potent, possibly because he doesn't know his full potential. With Claire's immortality/invincibility thing I'm not so sure, Adam Monroe seemed quite adamant that a shot to the head would kill him (possibly because Adam and Claire's power differ slightly or Adam only figured that he never met a healing person before)

ZeroPoint
October 30th, 2008, 08:35 PM
.... Peter might as well let Sylar take his brain for examination too, giving Sylar the Mimic ability....

That's probably how Sylar will fight Arthur. Syler could have his own abilities, then copy all of Arthurs. It'd probably give him too many powers and overload him so has to start over blank again for the next season.

November 4th, 2008, 01:50 AM
so far i believe that peter and sylar's ability are natural, there's been a pattern that power is hereditary and related. Matt and his father;s ability are the same. We have been told that Nathan has artificial powers, so with the gene therapy he can fly while the rest of the males in his family can either steal, absorb, or understand others powers so much they can take it for their own. It may hold true for Kaito and Hiro as well since we dont know Kaito's ability.

And as for Peter i think he can absorb abilities but cant use all of them to the fullest until he knows about it. With Parkman's ability he could screw with a lot of people but when he tries he isn't as potent, possibly because he doesn't know his full potential. With Claire's immortality/invincibility thing I'm not so sure, Adam Monroe seemed quite adamant that a shot to the head would kill him (possibly because Adam and Claire's power differ slightly or Adam only figured that he never met a healing person before)

not sure if it's canon, but from a season 2 deleted scene, we discover that kaito's power was being able to understand any problem or something, which is why he was so good in business. there was a cool cg effect which proved that the scene was taken out fairly last minute, with him looking at the stock pages in a newspaper and all the information moving around in an example of his ability to understand how the stocks will do etc.

2ndgenerationalteran
November 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
meredith and clint have the abilities to throw flames, and they are brother and sister so this further supports my theory. Claire on the other hand does not support the theory as much, but the fact that Nathan is her father and he was given artificial abilities my explain the unrelatedness of her and her parents powers. (same goes with DL, Nikki and Micha)

ZeroPoint
November 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
meredith and clint have the abilities to throw flames, and they are brother and sister so this further supports my theory. Claire on the other hand does not support the theory as much, but the fact that Nathan is her father and he was given artificial abilities my explain the unrelatedness of her and her parents powers. (same goes with DL, Nikki and Micha)

Maybe Meredith and Clint have/had one parent with abilities and one without.
Meredith and Nathan may mix up the power pool so that Claire's expressed power could go on a tangent.

With the writing on the show, I wouldn't be surprised (though a little depressed) to find that Linderman is Meredith's father (passing healing into Claire), or Parkman is related to the Patrelli's and everyone with powers is more related than they are now. Seems suspicious that Parkman/Angela's powers are similar.

The Prophet
November 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Meredith and Nathan may mix up the power pool so that Claire's expressed power could go on a tangent.

With the writing on the show, I wouldn't be surprised (though a little depressed) to find that Linderman is Meredith's father (passing healing into Claire), or Parkman is related to the Patrelli's and everyone with powers is more related than they are now. Seems suspicious that Parkman/Angela's powers are similar.

Parkman has Telepathy, with an occurance of precognition due to either the Powerpaste or proxying through African Isaac's powers. Or both.

Angela has some sort of Precognitive dreaming, or much more likely Astral Projection through dreams. Being able to project herself when sleeping to the past, present or future, and appear to other's in their dreams (or dream like state). Through this, she can project herself vision to the future, take a glimpse of what is to come, and her brain takes these images and incorperates it into her dreams, thus why most of her dreams appear to be symbolic in nature.

You could argue that the Haitian is related to Parkman, as both possess Mental Powers (I wouldn't be suprised if Parkman develops Memory-Wiping powers if he continues to advance).

Just because the powers are similar, doesn't mean they have to be related. Loads of people have Sickle Cell Anemia, sure they're are probably related on a large scale, and all share a common descendant, but they wont be that direcrtly related.

November 13th, 2008, 02:29 AM

parkman has exactly the same powers as his dad. the way i see it, most powers are hereditary, ie sylar and peter getting power taking abilities like their dad, peters ability enhanced by his mothers power, except the artificial powers which manifest differently with everybody hence why claire and nathan have powers different from thier relatives.

The Prophet
November 13th, 2008, 08:17 AM
parkman has exactly the same powers as his dad. the way i see it, most powers are hereditary, ie sylar and peter getting power taking abilities like their dad, peters ability enhanced by his mothers power, except the artificial powers which manifest differently with everybody hence why claire and nathan have powers different from thier relatives.

Shouldn't Claire have either Flying or Pyrokinesis then?

Elle should have Alchemy. Though we don't know who her mother may be.

Micah should have Phasing or Super Stregnth. Or even Ability Augmentation. DL should have Ability Augmentation too.

Molly should have Cytokinesis, if James possessed it.

There's equal cases where powers haven't been transmitted exactly through heredity, different powers emerging for descendants.

November 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Micah should have Phasing or Super Stregnth. Or even Ability Augmentation. DL should have Ability Augmentation too.

There's equal cases where powers haven't been transmitted exactly through heredity, different powers emerging for descendants.

i think you missed something i said, about artificial powers manifesting differently, the only times we have not seen link with relatives is when we either don't know both parents, or when artificial powers come into play.

2ndgenerationalteran
November 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
only Meredith seemed to have had natural abilities since clint has the same ability, pointing to her ability running through family lines. But from what we've seen abilities seem to pass paternally where the father's ability is then given to the child. Since Nathan had an artificial ability his genes may allow his offspring to manifest but the new power will be random.

Elle was adopted by bob if i remember correctly

same as claire, Nikki had artificial power given by Dr.Zimmerman and the way Linderman said in the past that he planned their lives makes me think he gave DL his ability as well.

who is james?

if you look at it a little some paterns show, they may or may not be canon but it just seems that, in their world, doing certain things will lead to a predictable outcome where as the show has gone on they feel more inclined to make things happen in a certain way.

The Prophet
November 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Elle was adopted by bob if i remember correctly

Fan theory. No proof either way.

who is james?

Molly's dad, the frozen guy eating his dinner.

wise one
November 18th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Arthur- Takes away abilities and uses them to his own gain
Angela- precog dreaming
nathan- artificial gene - flying man
peter- absorbs abilities similar to his father
syalr/gabe- able to transfer power to himself yet comes at a price of understanding and hunger

since males where all born, it suggests its taken the arthur blood line and came out with all something similar apart from nathan, which the shows tells us arthur was dissapointed and given nathan artifical powers
nathan + meredith gave birth to claire (theory - nathan artificial ability was still not able to develop and meredith is likely the naturally born ability and when both genes came together, they did not compute and since they're different strains shanti virus, claire blood was able to fortify the antibodys to kill the shanti virus, maybe the same was to inject nathan and a regenative blood lets say adam since being locked away for how many years fortified the injection in nathan and once making a baby with meredith, her natural gene got jiggy with nathans gene and it worked so much the healing power took over and gave it to claire)

meredith-pyrokinsis
flint- pyrokinsis

parkman- telepathy like his father
murray- telepathy

maya- plaque giver
alexomango- plaque storage device

niki - super strength artificial
D.L- phase likely given by the company
micah- techniopathic byproduct of the artificial genes

due to angela precog dream they had to get nikki with DL to make micah to rig the machine for nathan to win the election so they had to give nikki + her sisters the gene and D.L aswell and let the futre play out for micah

thats what i think anyway all just theory i miss some things out so ..

after watching its coming episode about claire i say yhh

Archaeis
November 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well, I now officially concede on this theory. Now that we've seen Sylar use Peter's exact ability in It's Coming, I'd say it's become pretty well established that there is an inherited lineage to the natural powers.