Offer to relocate the Asgard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offer to relocate the Asgard?

Why didn't Daniel offer to relocate the Asgard? They almost always offered to relocate human civilizations to safer planets.

I was surprised Daniel didn't offer to transport the Asgard back to the Ida galaxy. They might have refused but at least he could have offered.

It would have been so easy as well. Instead of arguing morals with them, he could have said look you want to be safe we can relocate you to the Ida or Milkyway galaxy that way you will be safe from the wraith and can turn off the device.

Yep. It's a simple solution. The more complex StarGate becomes (and the more technology Earth gets), the more solutions there are to problems. Even relocating them to the Milky Way would have been possible. And Earth owes the Asgard everything.

Comment

No idea...Good solution though. But this seems to easy lol and doesn't make for a good stroy.

Comment

I don't think was an option. We would require the Asgard to stop their experiments which I highly doubt they would do
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The simple answer is if Daniel offered that and they accepted the episode would have been short and dull

Daniel: Hey guys want a ride home?

Asgard: What? Why didn't you say so??

The Attero Device is shut down, never to be activated again

Todd gets a subspace transmission from his Hive informing him the divice is no longer active, frees the crew and the show ends with EVERYone giving EVERYone else a hug
          "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
            Why didn't Daniel offer to relocate the Asgard? They almost always offered to relocate human civilizations to safer planets.

I was surprised Daniel didn't offer to transport the Asgard back to the Ida galaxy. They might have refused but at least he could have offered.

It would have been so easy as well. Instead of arguing morals with them, he could have said look you want to be safe we can relocate you to the Ida or Milkyway galaxy that way you will be safe from the wraith and can turn off the device.
            Daniel did try it by appealing to them with his "many things in common"/"common goals" early on in "First Contact". They responded with a death threat and total disregard for the millions of lives at risk. I think that told him that there was not going to be anything common on which to build a relationship. I'm glad he didn't offer to help to relocate because these Asgard are just like the Wraith -- except that they see humans as lab animals rather than as food. I don't think Daniel wanted to risk other galaxies to this line of thinking -- it would have been like the Ori all over again.

Daniel now is one who doesn't let appearances deceive him. He fought against Replicator Carter even though she seemed to be his friend -- he saw her to her core as a Replicator. Even though these Asgard look like his late friends and allies, they are just as deadly as the Replicators. They are wolves in sheep's clothing, you know?

But now, the Asgard know about Atlantis. They might even be aware of the Expedition's advanced technology. They might just be like the Wraith and try to get a hold of the hyperdrives and weapons to get to the Milky Way, where there are more humans to experiment on just like the Wraith know there are more to be fed upon.

I don't think that Daniel would offer to relocate these Asgard any more than he'd offer to relocate the Wraith or Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
              Why didn't Daniel offer to relocate the Asgard?
              Because he is now Action Narrow-minded Jackson from the ungrateful and hypocrite intergalactic police force a.k.a. Earth.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
                Daniel did try it by appealing to them with his "many things in common"/"common goals" early on in "First Contact". They responded with a death threat and total disregard for the millions of lives at risk. I think that told him that there was not going to be anything common on which to build a relationship. I'm glad he didn't offer to help to relocate because these Asgard are just like the Wraith -- except that they see humans as lab animals rather than as food. I don't think Daniel wanted to risk other galaxies to this line of thinking -- it would have been like the Ori all over again.

Daniel now is one who doesn't let appearances deceive him. He fought against Replicator Carter even though she seemed to be his friend -- he saw her to her core as a Replicator. Even though these Asgard look like his late friends and allies, they are just as deadly as the Replicators. They are wolves in sheep's clothing, you know?

But now, the Asgard know about Atlantis. They might even be aware of the Expedition's advanced technology. They might just be like the Wraith and try to get a hold of the hyperdrives and weapons to get to the Milky Way, where there are more humans to experiment on just like the Wraith know there are more to be fed upon.

I don't think that Daniel would offer to relocate these Asgard any more than he'd offer to relocate the Wraith or Replicators.

Shut off the device and moving the Asgard would be the easiest solution. Moving them to the MW would be easier to police (human experiments) than leaving them pissed off in the PG.

Comment

I don't think that I would want "advanced" aliens with near-impregnable armor living in in the Milky Way considering that that they'd just destroyed hundred of thousands (if not millions) of non-combatants and didn't even care that they'd done so.

ALIEN LEADER: We do not use the Stargates.

JACKSON: ... OK -- but lots of other people do.

ALIEN LEADER: They are of no concern to us.

JACKSON: So you're just gonna let them die -- millions of people across the galaxy.

(The alien looks at him silently.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    I don't think that I would want "advanced" aliens with near-impregnable armor living in in the Milky Way considering that that they'd just destroyed hundred of thousands (if not millions) of non-combatants and didn't even care that they'd done so.
                    Keep in my mind that even if all Pegasus Galaxy gates exploded (and many lives were lost, yes), PG humans wouldn't cease to exist. In fact, they would be better off in the long run. Some people keep saying PG Asgards are evil. I disagree. They are an endangered species fighting to exist. They are also a lot more practical than the Tau'ri.

How many human lives were lost in thousands of years of culling? Was it moral for the Tau'ri to destroy the Attero device and let the culling go on indefinitely? The way I see it, PG Asgards freed the local human population from the Wraith while the Tau'ri returned them to cattle status for the sake of a safe and operational gate network that, for the most part, only serves the Tau'ri and the Wraith.
                    sigpic

Comment

I tought it would be great solution, but that was not the time to present that solution. Mainlly b/c they had armed warships, and it would have painted a giant bullseye on the dedy.

Let the asgard go from desperate to depressed and tired then present the idea of using one of the only effective intergaltic hyperdrives in the galaxy to relocate them. probably to the Ida.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I don't think was an option. We would require the Asgard to stop their experiments which I highly doubt they would do
                        Very true. They're mass-murdering Mengele's. They have no regard for any life other than their own. While Daniel might have offered them the chance to go somewhere safe, what would happen when they got there? There're no humans in Ida, so there's no one to experiment on. Move them to the MW? Then they'll start experimenting on the humans there. These Asgard are unapologetically bent on furthering their survival by whatever means necessary, including the deaths of millions of humans and Wraith. I would not want to be aboard any ship they're being transported in. I might wake up 14 years old again...
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I just posted to the An Atlantis Movie? Rumors Speculation Ideas Thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59347 that helping the Pegasus Asgard re-colonize Ida would make an excellent movie. I'm not sure whether that would be an Atlantis movie or an SG1 movie ( or a cross-over movie ? ), but it sure would be great. We could help them, and, in return, they could provide clones for the concsciouness of the Milky Way Asgard. I don't think the Pegasus Asgard were ready for this yet in Lost Tribe, but maybe , now, they are a bit more open to suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                          X