Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much ridiculousness

This took me a about a day to think about this...so here goes my rant

Like many of you i thought it was kinda cheezy for 1 travelers ship to take on 3 Asgard/Ancient ships, and completely destroying them with ease, Like COME on! i must admit i was rooting for the Asgard to blow the travelers ship to kingdom come becuase they just became my favorite race again after i saw there battle armor and there more aggressive nature to survive by any means necessary.

Another thing that kinda pissed my off was, the PG asgard and SGA got on the wrong foot when Daniel realized they where asgard, i mean like come on! atleast offer to help them and mend some fences or something. Ive seen SGA offer other human worlds relocation when there worlds were culled or destroyed by the wraith, this is just the same in a different format. Just look at the wraith, SGA got on a bad foot right from the get go and wouldnt even sit in the same room and 6 seasons later they are willing to sit at a table and discuss about stuff. I see no reason why it wouldnt work with the Asgard

Asgard experimentation on Humans, what i dont understand is during there time in Pegasus the only Humans in Pegasus was the ancients, watching this episodes tells me that ASgards where expirementing on Ancients? even if the ancients where messing around with primitive humans and being the invisible hand guiding them like in the show(The Game), im pretty sure the ancient would of found out. Anyways it doesnt make sense to me, nor do i want to give it more thought.

This morality stuff in this episode its just exploding out of this episode, First off i know some people are going to post about whether its right or wrong whether its ok to expirment on humans, or is it right to completely annihilate a entire race etc

Point im making is this... hell ive seen so much questionable things on SGA that it doesnt make any sense or it doesnt apply both ways for example (Its not ok to see 2 men making out but when 2 women do it its ok type of thing)
    So its ok for for SGA to capture a wriath(mIcheal) and turn him into a human, but when the Asgard captures or does experiment on a humans its wrong. the common thing from both these experiments it to insure a survival of a species. I can go on about other things but im tire and in need of sleep.

Anyway thanks for reading

I suggest you watch one of the upcoming episodes:Inquisition

The atlantis team is put to trial for their crimes against pegasus galaxy...finally i must say

Comment

Good lord the writing was horrific in this episode. Right from the start.

"If the explosion was hot enough, there might not be anything left for us to find".

Meanwhile there's a working laptop computer sitting on the desk.

From the cheesy predictable dialogue to Jackson's overacting in the scene talking to the Asguard to the plot holes pointed out in your post. They can travel through Atlantis' shields but their weapons can't take down the shields of a single traveler vessel.

Ugh, to be honest the writing and acting took a nosedive after the first episode of this season. I really don't regret that they're ending the series, they would have known about the quality of this season a while ago.

Comment

What got me is that he didn't say the Asgard interested us to keep and expand their legacy, and that we are the 5th race.

Comment

I would atleast hope for S5 to go out with a huge Bang but this episode kinda dropped down the bar alot

Comment

Blah... Could have been so much more... Or should I say could have been so much? The idea behind the story is good, but from there onwards they just blew it completely. My major complaints here:

1. Why degrade Jackson into a poor comedy relief O'Neill clone? Was there anything left of the SG-1 archaeologist here??

2. Keller & Ronon... .... ...whatever that... ...THING... ...in the end was? Seriously, the only way I won't cringe at the whole love triangle stuff is if in the end Keller's love interest turns out to be someone completely different. Teyla perhaps. If they stick with the soap opera Dawson's creek style I'm gonna puke...

3. Todd is not an idiot. I wouldn't have bought the whole 'I sabotaged the ship' by Keller... and Todd did. Adaptive IQ reduction to suit the plot?

4. Where's the genius Zelenka? Reduced to a comedy relief in having to work with the ridiculous and poorly-acted 15 year old chief engineer wunderkind? Come on, Radek is more than that...

5. Larrin there, Larrin here, Larrin that... One mention of her would've been enough, if just to establish that (apparently??) Sheppard still hasn't forgotten her and vice versa. No, we had several minutes of Sheppard acting like a smitten teenager (what did she say about me, what does she think of me, ...).

6. Traveler tin can held together by duct tape and pins destroys several Asgard ships even though they have technology that can neutralize Atlantis' shield? (Captain Picard might consult Sheppard for some evasive maneouvering hints...)

7. The whole two parter unassumingly climaxes with the through-planet hyperspace jump and that's it. Was I the only one with a big question mark hanging over his head?

Blah... this could have been so much more...

Comment

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
              Like many of you i thought it was kinda cheezy for 1 travelers ship to take on 3 Asgard/Ancient ships, and completely destroying them with ease, Like COME on! i must admit i was rooting for the Asgard to blow the travelers ship to kingdom come becuase they just became my favorite race again after i saw there battle armor and there more aggressive nature to survive by any means necessary.
              Ships that were built by Asgard who had been completely cut off from Asgard civilization for 10,000 years. I would imagine that those ships were something like the Asgard equivalent of wood rafts.

Another thing that kinda pissed my off was, the PG asgard and SGA got on the wrong foot when Daniel realized they where asgard, i mean like come on! atleast offer to help them and mend some fences or something. Ive seen SGA offer other human worlds relocation when there worlds were culled or destroyed by the wraith, this is just the same in a different format. Just look at the wraith, SGA got on a bad foot right from the get go and wouldnt even sit in the same room and 6 seasons later they are willing to sit at a table and discuss about stuff. I see no reason why it wouldnt work with the Asgard
              You have to remember that Daniel found out these aliens were Asgard only after they had made it quite clear that they did not care that the device would result in the deaths of millions of humans.

Asgard experimentation on Humans, what i dont understand is during there time in Pegasus the only Humans in Pegasus was the ancients, watching this episodes tells me that ASgards where expirementing on Ancients?
              Actually, the timeline goes something like the following:
              1. The Ancients arrive in Pegasus.
              2. The Ancients seed Pegasus with Stargates and primitive human life.
              3. The Wraith emerge and go to war with the Ancients.
              4. The Rogue Asgard enter Pegasus hoping to use the chaos from the war to hide their experiments.
              5. The Ancients loose.

With the sole exception of the presence of the Rogue Asgard, the timeline that I outlined above is not fundamentally different from how I understood the history of the Pegasus galaxy before the Wraith/Ancient War. Remember, it was the Ancients who seeded the Pegasus galaxy with humans, and that the war with the Wraith marked the end of the Ancient's presence in the Pegasus galaxy.

even if the ancients where messing around with primitive humans and being the invisible hand guiding them like in the show(The Game), im pretty sure the ancient would of found out. Anyways it doesnt make sense to me, nor do i want to give it more thought.
              The entire point of the Rogue Asgard going to Pegasus was that the Ancients would be too busy fighting the Wraith to notice that humans were being abducted.

In any case, the Ancients seeded the galaxy with far more human civilizations than those that were part of their sociological experiments. Note that almost none of the Pegasus humans have the ATA gene, which would quite strongly suggest that they are not descended from Ancients.

Originally posted by Joben View Post
              They can travel through Atlantis' shields but their weapons can't take down the shields of a single traveler vessel.
              The ability for the ship to pass through Atlantis's shield is completely unconnected to the power of the ship's weapons.

Also, I have heard conjecture put forth that the reason that the Rogue Asgard ship was able to pass through Atlantis's shield was because the shield was designed to allow Asgard ships through.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Once again, I'm surprised the Air force hasn't ordered Sheppard to be chemically castrated for the crap he pulled with losing the Ancient ship in Travelers. Larrin is a boring, worthless character and should never be mentioned or seen again unless it's with a Wraith standing over her dessicated corpse. No more Kirking!

Comment

You people whine to much and don't listen to the dialogue in the episode that explain about 90% of the points you bring up.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                  X