Ronin Cant Read!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronin Cant Read!!

As Ronin and Jen were trapped in the corridors of the Daedelous (sp) Ronon was trying oh so hard to prise the doors apart with his fingers. I mean he isn't a Teal'c or anything. If captain Wow looked down at about waist height there was a bloody big sign in yellow and black stating that, for emergencies this door comes equiped with exploding stuff so it can be opened. Surely he would have; A, Known that or B, asked Jen to read the label for him!!!

MMMMMHHHHmmmmmmHHHHhhmmmmm!!!

Sorry, rant over.

Originally posted by carcer View Post
    As Ronin and Jen were trapped in the corridors of the Daedelous (sp) Ronon was trying oh so hard to prise the doors apart with his fingers. I mean he isn't a Teal'c or anything. If captain Wow looked down at about waist height there was a bloody big sign in yellow and black stating that, for emergencies this door comes equiped with exploding stuff so it can be opened. Surely he would have; A, Known that or B, asked Jen to read the label for him!!!

MMMMMHHHHmmmmmmHHHHhhmmmmm!!!

Sorry, rant over.
    I cant read Japanese and theres like 2,000 of them in my town, why wuld a guy from another galaxy read english, even if he speaks it.

Comment

Maybe Keller can't read either, then ...

(Also, it's spelled "Ronon". I'm advocating literacy.)

Comment

He was trying to impress Keller with his bruteness....

Comment

Because the first thing you want to do when stealthily sneaking around a ship is to set off an explosion that can be heard, felt, and also detected on internal sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            Because the first thing you want to do when stealthily sneaking around a ship is to set off an explosion that can be heard, felt, and also detected on internal sensors.
            True but it didnt seem to worry him about gun fire and the resulting noises, I just think that whole portion was stupid and for once I would like to see the emergency systems being used.

Comment

This is a screencap from (5x10) "First Contact"

Zooming in

Which says:

"Hatch explosives inside, EMERGENCY OPEN, stand clear when activated"

Comment

The room they were in appeared to be an interlink corridor between one section to another so I think they should have enough room to stay clear from the explosion.

Sure it would have alerted the neighouring Wraith in the vicinity but nothing a few shots from Ronan's weapon can't solve. I think Ronan can read the English language cos he speaks it already so it's easy to adapt the English language to words of his own language, if I can read English, French, German and Chinese, it's not that difficult. Hell, even Todd and co can read English and control the ship.

Comment

It didn't say where you activate the explosives from - For all we know he had no way to do it from there. But I suspect it probably just required a code that neither of them had (look to the right of Keller).

Comment

If you read it, one would assume, you had to remove the warning label panel cos it says, "explosives inside". It's probably C4 or a spark plug device.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                      If you read it, one would assume, you had to remove the warning label panel cos it says, "explosives inside". It's probably C4 or a spark plug device.
                      Maybe they meant to edit the sign on the door and forgot?
                      Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

he was thinking with a different part of his body...that's all.

far more impressive to pry the doors open with your bare fingers after all. lol
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

The Wraith seemed to be able to read English considering how quickly they took control of their systems, so if your only defense to keep enemies from learning that they can bypass your security measure is some English words than it is a bad one. It would also be pretty easy for someone to stumble upon it by noticing that it's something they can pull opened.

Comment

In his defense (I can't believe I just said that) maybe he was going for stealth?
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe a dumb question - but why did the door open when it did?

Because the Wraith were a fair distance down the corridor and Ronon had enough time to duck and turn before they even tried to shoot, suggesting they were as surprised the door opened when it did?
                              The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                              The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                              Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                              Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                              Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                              X