This explains the jamming technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This explains the jamming technology

I always wondered how the Wraith adapted to the Asgard beams so quickly, especially in battle where we first started to use the beams tactically. The Pegasus Asgard said they did battle with the Wraith, losing some of their ships in the process. There is a general agreement here that the Pegasus Asgard were not as advanced as our Asgard were, so perhaps they resorted to the same tactics we used and beamed explosives onboard Wraith hive ships. The Wraith learned what was going on as their battle with the Asgard continued, and developed an effective method of jamming the beams, forcing the Asgard to retreat to a lonely corner of the Pegasus Galaxy. Surely, on one of the hive ships there was a Wraith who remembered the tactics used 10,000 years ago and was capable of immediately activating jamming technology that was already in place on the Wraith hive ships. After the battle, the word went out to the rest of the Wraith that ships with beams were once again in the galaxy, and jamming codes were passed around for our beam frequency. Any thoughts?

I asked Joe Mallozzi today, in combination with some other things. Let's hope he answers.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

An interesting idea to say the least. Don't forget the Lanteans had transporters as well

Comment

Michael says that code was shared before civil war. I do not think, that wraith are occupied Beaming bomb before us.
        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

"10,000 years ago" when the Asgard arrived in the PG, is nicely before the Civil Wraith War, and would have been a nice time to have invented that jamming code.

Comment

Sweet, I wonder what Joe will say. Maybe it will give him inspiration for the Atlantis movie. If we will only see the Asgard in a limited way for the remainder of the season, I think it's guaranteed that they will be in the movie.

Comment

I wouldn't count on them being in the first one, necessarily. There might be other story arcs to deal with.

And it's a total bummer they can't set things up on the tv show so the 'movie' will deal with them like AoT did with the Ori, in a nice extended fashion, if you get what I'm trying to say...

It'll be 'this is the situation' and BAM! It's dealt with.

Comment

Makes sense. The Wraith might have developed countermeasures against the Asgard beaming tech in the last war but, since the Asgard weren't seen since and there weren't any other enemies with teleportation, they had no reason to leave the jamming on.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

We didn't see any evidence that the Pegasus Asgard had beaming technology. If they did why didn't they use it when they performed their heist on Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                    We didn't see any evidence that the Pegasus Asgard had beaming technology. If they did why didn't they use it when they performed their heist on Atlantis?
                    Because the blue-elevator-pill thing is just cool as hell. You could ask why didn't they use it directly from their ship?
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      You could ask why didn't they use it directly from their ship?
                      Good point.

Comment

I really like this idea, it does finally explain how they adapted so quickly.

Well maybe the tech was available on their original Intergalactic ship, which they said got destroyed fairly quickly. Having no need for it, they didn't recreate it because they knew it was of no effect on the wraith anymore.

Comment

Working...
                        X