Todd very respectful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd very respectful

Did anyone else kind of notice how respectful Todd was, referring to Woolsey as 'Mister Woolsey'. Granted, he was saying, 'I will feed on Mister Woolsey', but its so nice that Todd respects our culture.

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
    Did anyone else kind of notice how respectful Todd was, referring to Woolsey as 'Mister Woolsey'. Granted, he was saying, 'I will feed on Mister Woolsey', but its so nice that Todd respects our culture.
    yeah, i think he was being a smartass tho...
    Meh.

Comment

Todd's 'respect' is probably a reflection of the cultural practice of saying grace before dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
        Todd's 'respect' is probably a reflection of the cultural practice of saying grace before dinner.

Nice.

Comment

I don't think Todd knows Woolsey's first name...so he might consider 'Mr' to be the same as a first name. It's hard to tell. The Wraith have such an odd fascination with names.

But when you think about it, "I will feed on Mister Woolsey" just doesn't sound nearly as good as "I will feed on Decadent Double Fudge Triple Layer Chocolate Cake", now does it?

das
          sigpic

Comment

He seemed quite polite in The Queen as well, when he was inviting them onto his ship and everything
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think he intended to feed on Woosley, knowing that Shepard and team would give him what he wanted (considering he had their ship, and a full crew compliment).

He was probably sharing a little more 'Wraith Humour'. Gotta love that guy!
              sigpic
              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                I don't think he intended to feed on Woosley, knowing that Shepard and team would give him what he wanted (considering he had their ship, and a full crew compliment).
                I'm really not sure. I think that he was quite hoping Sheppard wouldn't comply and he would be justified in feeding on Woolsey. Woolsey appeared hypocrite and plain nasty to Todd in "First Contact", rejoicing by advance about their betrayal... (This is not the truth, but it's what Todd believed at this point.) I think it's not only because Woolsey is the leader that Todd chose him as the one who would be fed on.
                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                sigpic

Comment

I said (somewhere) that I think Todd was giving Woolsey a 'taste' of his own medicine. From the first moment Todd set foot on the Daedalus, Woolsey tried to force himself on Todd. He became overly familiar with Todd, too chatty, too forward. He tried to create a relationship where there was none, failing to realize that such a 'friendship' cannot be forced on a Wraith, but it must be earned.

So, it was natural for Todd to pick him, as if to say, "So, Mr. Woolsey...you wanted to be my friend? Well, I'll make you even MORE than that - I'll make you my dinner!" So, though I do believe Todd was dead serious, I also think he was getting Woolsey back for being so overbearing with him earlier in the trip.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    I don't think Todd knows Woolsey's first name...so he might consider 'Mr' to be the same as a first name. It's hard to tell. The Wraith have such an odd fascination with names.

But when you think about it, "I will feed on Mister Woolsey" just doesn't sound nearly as good as "I will feed on Decadent Double Fudge Triple Layer Chocolate Cake", now does it?

das
                    actually mister isn't my real name, it's more of a curtsy title

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

He probably thought that was his full name, what is Woosly's first name anyway? I bet 4/5 people viewing this thread do not know. Hell I don't even know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        He probably thought that was his full name, what is Woosly's first name anyway? I bet 4/5 people viewing this thread do not know. Hell I don't even know.
                        I thought it was Mr...I mean, Richard...

LOL...that IS actually how I automatically typed it, I was NOT trying to be funny (I type fast)...don't always think what words are coming out of my fingers.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was Mr...I mean, Richard...

LOL...that IS actually how I automatically typed it, I was NOT trying to be funny (I type fast)...don't always think what words are coming out of my fingers.

das
                          Ha now I remember all the times he was called richard, its one of those names that you just can't quite remember. Wow, now i feel kind of stupid........oh well.

Comment

I don't think Todd knows Woolsey's first name...so he might consider 'Mr' to be the same as a first name.
                            Obviously Todd hasn't watched 'Prototype'.

"Tell me where the Attero Device is or I will feed on you, Dick!"

Comment

Yeah lots of people all over these forums refer to him as 'Mr. Woolsey'. Although when you think about it, I don't think anyone else who is really regular on the series can be referred to as 'Mister'. Maybe Ronan, but no one ever once calls him Mr. Dex. Everyone else has a military title or a PhD.

Comment

Working...
                              X