Did Todd off Caldwell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Todd off Caldwell?

I'm suprised this thread hasn't popped up yet. I notice that Col Caldwell is conspiculouslly absent during The Lost Tribe. Wolsey seems to be commanding Daedulus and they never even mention their CO. Or was he maybe taken hostage?

I assume that it was a shooting schedual with Pillegi having a recurring role in Sons of Anarchy this year as well as at least one episode of Supernatural to film. But still, they coulda mentioned that Caldwell was unconcious in sick bay or something lol
    Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

welcome to stargate 101
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler:
      no, caldwell is in upcoming episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
        I'm suprised this thread hasn't popped up yet. I notice that Col Caldwell is conspiculouslly absent during The Lost Tribe. Wolsey seems to be commanding Daedulus and they never even mention their CO. Or was he maybe taken hostage?

I assume that it was a shooting schedual with Pillegi having a recurring role in Sons of Anarchy this year as well as at least one episode of Supernatural to film. But still, they coulda mentioned that Caldwell was unconcious in sick bay or something lol
        i agree it was pretty lazy not to write something in about him. It was also arrogant of TPTB to think we wouldn;t notice
        Meh.

Comment

I was just about to start a thread mentioning this. It's not very good that this wasn't explained or anything..being the commander of the ship you'd think he should be there giving the orders.
          Betrayed

Comment

Maybe Todd kidnapped Caldwell
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Caldwell was just having a lunch break when Rambo Woolsey and his honking gun decided to take back the ship
              The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
              The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
              Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
              Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
              Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                i agree it was pretty lazy not to write something in about him. It was also arrogant of TPTB to think we wouldn;t notice

I don't know if i'd call it arrogant, just incompetent, the writers would have to think fans would notice, if they didn't then it's kind of unforgivable, especially when all it would have taken was one line from a character to explain his absence. Although from what i've read on other threads about this ep, it was just one of many glaring plot holes.

Comment

Maybe it was cut for time? There is the released pic of Woolsey walking around corridors with his big gun....maybe Caldwell was in those scenes, or his absence was explain there, but they simply cut it and didn't realise the mistake....
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I agree that there should have been a line to explain his absence...it just would have made things feel more connected. For instance, as the crew enters the bridge, someone could say, "Where's Caldwell, we need him here, now!", with someone responding, "He's still down...didn't take well to being stunned."...and then command could be transferred to whoever would be next in line. It would have been no more than a 15-30 second exchange, and would have made things feel a bit more cohesive.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post

Yes, but if they'd written in Caldwell then Keller would have had no reason to give Marks her little pep-talk -- or any reason to be in the scene at all -- and we can't have that...

DragonLady
                      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Not to mention that Woolsey, who's a civilain IOA rep and commander of Atlantis and very very much NOT a member of the Air Force wouldn't have been in command of Daedulus. I'm thinking Marks would be next in line.
                        Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Hey Jackson took command of Oddasey when it was captured by the Lucian Allaince after Colonel Emerson bit the bulit
                          C. Edmund

Comment

My theory is that Ronon found him when he went to check out the 302 bay and they were playing Parcheesi in the mess while everything else was going down...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                              Hey Jackson took command of Oddasey when it was captured by the Lucian Allaince after Colonel Emerson bit the bulit
                              Yes, but he's a member of the SGC's flagship team and has had years of combat experience. Wolsey has been behind a flipping desk his entire life.

Comment

Working...
                              X