Atlantis Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Damage

Just a quick thought here. How the hell does the atlantis expedition repair the damage to Atlantis? How will they repair the damage? There is a gaping whole in the side of the control tower not to mention all that pretty glass has been smashed. Will just be interesting to see if we hear anything about it in the next episode. Rodney did mention his team were fitting a new stargate but thats it. Thoughts anyone?

It will be fixed by next epi and we wont get any explanation oter than:

Rodney: once the Daedalus unloaded the supplies, all we really needed was to replace the glass and paint the walls... (then he whines about how he had to bring new computers online...)
    Meh.

Comment

I wondering, where all those stones came from? I see that behind of the gate is big hole, but if gate blow up and behind of the gate is hole, those stone should fly out of tower, not inside of it.

And to my eye seems that all ancient control-panel is hit by stone. Let see are those machines broken or not.
      Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I was thinking they could find some sort of auto-repair option, like an ancient robot that comes out to repair everything, or a replicator that is briefly constructed then dies after the repairs, but really, can they really hope to rebuild the control tower?

Comment

Its just a building its not like its made out of diamonds. Probably the inert form of naquada that ancients built everything out of. You just fill in the holes with concrete, sand and paint. lol

Comment

It's not just that, there are sensors and power conduits embedded within the walls and the lovely consoles, how are they going to replace those? The DHD, the important control crystal that allows them to dial Earth, those are gone, how are they going to replace those?

Like in "Adrift", did they ever repair that entire tower at the outer edge of the city that Zelenka and Sheppard had to go to, to repair the conduit?

Comment

Other than the experiments in the labs they know how to replace everything else. They CANT replace the ZPM, the ginormous engines or any of that fancy stuff. The CAN repair a broken building, they can replace crystals, power conduits. Hell they could probably replace an entire tower if one was too damaged. They set up another control room awfully damned fast. If they wanted they could move everything to any room they wanted, theyd just hafta put in new wiring, consoles and power conduits.

Atlantis isnt important because its a city, its important cuz it had a giant honking shield, database, intergalactic engines, and thousands of labs full of super advanced crap. They allready know how to build skyscrapers and build intergalactic hyperdrives, and lay down adequate power systems. In fact i would LOVE to see an episode where a towers too badly damaged and they have the army core of engineers tear down a tower and dump the debris into the ocean.

Some day they may decide they have everything they want from atlantises labs and database and they might just take the control crystal and abandon the city, just like in The Last Man.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                and the lovely consoles, how are they going to replace those? The DHD, the important control crystal that allows them to dial Earth, those are gone, how are they going to replace those?
                They're not gone, they just had debree fall on them. Once they remove the debree they'll probably find that all the consoles are still operational - The explosion wasn't that great. Thus, at the end of the episode Mckay said that they could sent Daniel back to Earth once they install the new gate so we know the control crystal inside of the DHD remained fine. Which is reasonable based on the limited amount of damage we saw.

Comment

Martha Stewart?
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Very subjective view of what is "limited amount of damage".

The walls should last cos they are part of the whole structural integrity and yes, the control room decor can be repaired but the consoles aren't as easy, crystals break, they are breakable that's why they are so darn valuable and expensive. Like Waterford Crystals - ouch. Big or small debris and explosion on crystals, they don't tend to last.

I suppose they could use the Asgard core to reproduce them as a way to cheat.
                    Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 12 October 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Hmmm yeh i suppose it is pretty easy to reapir actual buildings. Just we never get to see or hear about it. Look at Enterprise if anyone watched that in Season 3, that was class to see the ship damaged for so long. I wonder if woolseys office and certificates are all intact Lol.

Also as for the Control crystal, Humans are capable of creating those, if you remember SG1 Season 10 the pegasus project they were able to manufacture one for the gate they used to dial the supergate.

Comment

They'll just use that nanite machine Mckay used to make FRAN, to build the parts that were desytroyed in the explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                          Hmmm yeh i suppose it is pretty easy to reapir actual buildings. Just we never get to see or hear about it. Look at Enterprise if anyone watched that in Season 3, that was class to see the ship damaged for so long. I wonder if woolseys office and certificates are all intact Lol.

Also as for the Control crystal, Humans are capable of creating those, if you remember SG1 Season 10 the pegasus project they were able to manufacture one for the gate they used to dial the supergate.
                          Couldn't agree more. We all know that the damage will be repaired eventually, but sometimes it would be nice to see some sign of the repairs, or atleast have the damage remain in to the next episode.
                          One thing I do find odd though, why do the USAF continually pay out to replace the smashed stained glass with more stained glass when they could just replace it with normal glass.
                          Why go to that expense when there is no need? Only thing I can assume is that there is spare glass on Atlantis.

Comment

maybe we will see the gateroom be repaired or their will jump 2-3 months ahead and it will be already fixed
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If you look at the photos, the main structure is hardly damaged, such as the walls and floor. All they need is a simple repaint. The windows, of course, need to be replaced and the walls repaired, but we know they can do that, and then some (Adrift, etc.).

As for consoles, Atlantis has consoles up the wazoo, and I'm sure there are extras lying around. Laptops and screens, of course, are easy to replace. Just call up the Daedalus or Apollo, or, like above, I'm sure there's extras in storage.

Comment

Working...
                              X