PDA

View Full Version : What should the next great villain be ?

TheHumanElement
October 12th, 2008, 02:03 AM
We've had humans who acted as hosts for symbiots, and humans mutated by insects, evil AIs, and evil ascended beings; so what should the next great villain be?

Maybe humans possessed by semi-ascended beings technically in limbo(think Anubis type)? Not the Ori, but someone lower on the ascended food chain and not as omnipotent. They are in limbo but powerful enough to stay on the physical plane. Think Vigo the Carpathian from the Ghostbusters 2 movie. Maybe they want to get their hands on the Destiny so they can modify a Stargate tech to open a portal to a dimension filled with hordes of evil ghost army. Again, think Ghostbusters.

Or maybe a race of cyborgs in the form human/replicator hybrids?

JackHarkness_Hot
October 12th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Any alien that wipes out one galaxy after another just for fun.

Alchemist
October 12th, 2008, 03:38 AM
The destroyer of worlds

Jack_Bauer
October 12th, 2008, 04:16 AM
We've had humans who acted as hosts for symbiots, and humans mutated by insects, evil AIs, and evil ascended beings; so what should the next great villain be?

Maybe humans possessed by semi-ascended beings technically in limbo(think Anubis type)? Not the Ori, but someone lower on the ascended food chain and not as omnipotent. They are in limbo but powerful enough to stay on the physical plane. Think Vigo the Carpathian from the Ghostbusters 2 movie. Maybe they want to get their hands on the Destiny so they can modify a Stargate tech to open a portal to a dimension filled with hordes of evil ghost army. Again, think Ghostbusters.

No.

HolyGhost
October 12th, 2008, 05:05 AM
The next great villian should be a biomechanoid of some kind or an race of giagants :)

NIMBUS
October 12th, 2008, 05:06 AM
this sparked me an idea

semi-ascended beings
lets all think back to around season 6 of sg1, when daniel had several chats with oma de sala. one of the things she mentioned is that there are many planes of existance blah blah blah... so there could really be semi-ascended beings in sg universe.. it's up to writers but they could really think up something cool with that.

luckygate
October 12th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Humans that posess technology more advanced than us but lower than the Lantians and the Unkown alian race that Sam encountered when she was on the Promethious alone. (we met them already maybe we should get to know them). Maybe a race that views the ship thats been planting the stargates as a precurser to an invasion force to thier Galaxies. Lantians that split from Atlantis or Earth to do thier own experiments and didn't agree with the way of life of the Ori or the Lantians and went there sepearte ways... (its been done yes but they don't have to be all that bad but they don't have to be good eather and the don't need to have the same arcitecture/ideolagy/morals as we or the Ori or the Lantians had think barbarians with major tec like the Gua'uld mixed with Klingons and the Sith. Or a race viewing the universe as toy that they want to break rebuild and break again and repeat.

TheHumanElement
October 12th, 2008, 05:32 AM
No.

:)

Jack_Bauer
October 12th, 2008, 05:56 AM
this sparked me an idea

lets all think back to around season 6 of sg1, when daniel had several chats with oma de sala. one of the things she mentioned is that there are many planes of existance blah blah blah... so there could really be semi-ascended beings in sg universe.. it's up to writers but they could really think up something cool with that.

The whole ascension thing has been done to death. Its talked about so often its not even a big thing anymore

NIMBUS
October 12th, 2008, 06:31 AM
:) no you didn't understnd me what i wanted to say is that writers should think of entirely new race and say that it's from different plane of existance. and that could be the reason why they are the baddies... they could be like us ( humans) sympathetic and everything but just form so far away that they just don't care

Jack_Bauer
October 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
:) no you didn't understnd me what i wanted to say is that writers should think of entirely new race and say that it's from different plane of existance. and that could be the reason why they are the baddies... they could be like us ( humans) sympathetic and everything but just form so far away that they just don't care

ahhhhh gotcha! i actually like the sound of that, sort of like the crystal skull aliens but make them cooler ( i nver wanna see CS aliens again!)

Janus
October 12th, 2008, 06:41 AM
How about non-humaniod enemies ? Ever put syrup over your pancakes ? (If you haven't, ye don't know what you are missing.) Well, imagine syrup that was alive and sentient. (I'm thinking there would be solid cells inside the liquid, with the liquid serving as connection, linking the cells to form a brain.)

Wildrose-Wally
October 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM
They would only last untill somebody eats the pancake. What a way to go.....

flameling
October 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
But if you eat to many pancakes, they come back. I like the idea of a totally amoral race destroying and conquering galaxies for fun though.

Lantean_wall-e
October 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
The destroyer of worlds

Ha! Good one! Wonder what has she been up to...

Another suggestion could also be the Devourer of Worlds ;) hehehe... J/K

TheHumanElement
October 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
How about non-humaniod enemies ? Ever put syrup over your pancakes ? (If you haven't, ye don't know what you are missing.) Well, imagine syrup that was alive and sentient. (I'm thinking there would be solid cells inside the liquid, with the liquid serving as connection, linking the cells to form a brain.)

Like the changelings from Star Trek: DS9 (I.E. Odo). They were pretty much liquid that was able to take on various forms. We'd get the Stargate version of goo except they'd be a little easier on the eyes.

Maybe we might also see those unidentified aliens the SGA team encountered in that episode The Daedalus Variations where the SGA is trapped a version of the Daedalus with the alternate reality drive.

Browncoat1984
October 12th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Chuck Norris should be the next great villain.

skydragon786
October 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Please, for the love of God, let there be some proper bad guys for SGU. The Goa'uld for a little too "soft" for me. The Wraith? Had high hopes for them, but they went downhill once they introduced the "Asurans", who could've been an excellent couple of bad guys, except the writing had a lot to be desired (Even though S5 has been very good in my opinion).

They need a proper race of bad guys. They shouldn't even be scary, but should definitely give the feel that you definitely don't want to mess with them, ever, and should probably be a murderous bunch of SOB's, highly advanced. I thought the Dominion arc in DS9 was excellent, and I hope that SGU's bad guys follow a similar formula in terms of story and development, but with the drama of BSG (Of course, keeping the humour in Stargate that we all love).

jenks
October 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM
No bad guys please.

Mclean
October 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
What about a couple of races with the same level of technology who fight with each other?

TheHumanElement
October 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Please, for the love of God, let there be some proper bad guys for SGU. The Goa'uld for a little too "soft" for me. The Wraith? Had high hopes for them, but they went downhill once they introduced the "Asurans", who could've been an excellent couple of bad guys, except the writing had a lot to be desired (Even though S5 has been very good in my opinion).

They need a proper race of bad guys. They shouldn't even be scary, but should definitely give the feel that you definitely don't want to mess with them, ever, and should probably be a murderous bunch of SOB's, highly advanced. I thought the Dominion arc in DS9 was excellent, and I hope that SGU's bad guys follow a similar formula in terms of story and development, but with the drama of BSG (Of course, keeping the humour in Stargate that we all love).

So what do you think about the Ori? Where they good villains? But the Dominion weren't really "evil". When I think of truly bad bad guys I think of the Nazis. Think Indiana Jones trilogy (I mean the first 3 movies excluding 4 which had no Nazis) and Hellboy 1 were really villainous villains.

What about a couple of races with the same level of technology who fight with each other?

I was think, how about a race who wants to take over the Destiny. They want to take over the ship so they can use the Stargate manufacturing tech on board to turn the Stargates into weapons by converting them into quantum singularity generators (black holes). It's kinda like what happened in the Farscape movie Peacekeeper Wars, but using stargates. If they really are two ships, maybe they already have one.

spinny magee
October 12th, 2008, 10:00 PM
How bout some killer tomatoes ?

g.o.d
October 12th, 2008, 10:03 PM
enemy who won't be destroyed by another alteran superweapon of doom

October 13th, 2008, 01:45 AM
perhaps a race that are very old and have and use high tech, but they have forgotten how it works or how to fix it, and it's slowly degrading and falling apart.

or a race with a hive mind like the borg, but completely biological, or perhaps an insectoid race with non sentient workers and warriors but with one sentient queen who controls the workers telepathicaly :S

SGFerrit
October 13th, 2008, 02:25 AM
One of things I am looking forward to about Stargate Universe is that we should get to see a much wider range of aliens. When Brad and Rob pitched it as a more expensive series, I think it was so that we could see better alien sets and races. And, we should get a bigger variation because of the way the ship is travelling, which is cool. A chance to see lots of different species.

I would like to see a humanoid (not human) race that is very militaristic, a little bit like the Daedalus Variations aliens but smarter and even cooler, better tech etc. The heist from First Contact gives an indication, coming in, getting what they want, and getting the job done.

Also, I hope there is a chance for more races in a grey area, not bad or good.

Valos Cor
October 13th, 2008, 03:38 AM
skrew the ancients over - they were not the only race around.

at the moment ascension is like the ultimate goal . .

why not go back afew steps . . and introduce more mysteries . . HECK make them find another great 4 races ( completly new ones) or make it a massive group of them ( a federation) , viola more mysterious to come if they really wanted to ( and i don't want this) the furlings could be apart of that federation ( i think that would be stupid)

Jack_Bauer
October 13th, 2008, 04:35 AM

seconded

October 13th, 2008, 04:45 AM
seconded

motion carried!

Korean_Turtle87
October 13th, 2008, 09:07 AM
The destroyer of worlds

1. that is soooooo cool

2. I think they might be too powerful for the crew of the Destiny to take on

NIMBUS
October 13th, 2008, 10:36 AM
this idea is so cool and it's probably what will happen because it's just impossible for like 4 people to win huge wars or to defeat very advanced enemies or something...

they will probably 'fly' around the front lines of the 'galactic war between 2 races' and make ppl paranoid and aggressive to them, at least in the beginning before kinda joining one side.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I could get into an evil AI, but not one related to replicators. Preferably one that was a singular entity.

GhostPoet
October 13th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I could get into an evil AI, but not one related to replicators. Preferably one that was a singular entity.

hmm..I suppose it would depend on how that was done. Have to be careful to not get too Borg-like. :)

Browncoat1984
October 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
hmm..I suppose it would depend on how that was done. Have to be careful to not get too Borg-like. :)

I was actually thinking more V'Ger than The Borg.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 13th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I was sorta thinking more like something of SHODAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOFZ5fv_pb8&feature=related) or CABAL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtxeniCQVc). Perhaps a little bit of Any animated Brainiac (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8InNIG1vY)thrown in.

TheHumanElement
October 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Actually that might not be such a bad idea. Maybe a race of plant like humanoids which are able to move. Who knows, maybe their entire technology is based on plant life.

perhaps a race that are very old and have and use high tech, but they have forgotten how it works or how to fix it, and it's slowly degrading and falling apart.

or a race with a hive mind like the borg, but completely biological, or perhaps an insectoid race with non sentient workers and warriors but with one sentient queen who controls the workers telepathicaly :S

Like the Talons from Earth Final: Conflict, another great idea, but don't use bugs. Can't stand bugs. I don't want to see them on screen.

It would be nice if they returned to that story. Maybe explained what exactly the weapons did. Perhaps even go as far as to say that there are dire consequences resulting from the use of that weapon. Maybe some other power in the universe (doesn't have to be ascended beings) noticed the use of the weapon and now this power (like the giests) have begun to move in to fill the vacuum the Ori left behind.

If there were other ascended powers in the universe (not Ancient) it would explain why the ancients can't intervene of affairs in the mortal plane. Maybe there is some type of treaty or non-aggression pact in place among them and intervention would unleash a war among ascended being on a scale far more destructive then the war between the Ori and the Milky Way. Think Doctor Who time war type war where the mortal world is collateral damage. The Ori weren't on the same level as the ancients so they were able to get away with their mortal world activities.

Another idea for a villain, what if the villain was the SGC, from a parallel universe where that evil organization succeeded in taking over the planet earth with their advanced tech. But because of their irresponsibility somehow they end up destroying their universe and so this anti-SGC is forced to travel to another parallel universe. A large number of the evil SGC arrive in the universe with the good SGC. Now the evil SGC is in the good SGC galaxy in force using their advanced tech to try to take over this galaxy with the ultimate goal of taking over earth. Maybe their forming an evil federation? Think Star Trek Mirror universe. This concept might even create a chance to reuse old SGC heroes as villians in Universe, like they did in Star Trek.

Commander Zelix
October 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM

That's what I wish for too. I wish the arrive in a galaxy that have already its conflicts and political situations. A situation where we dont' know which aliens races is good or evil, but which hates each other deeply because of their long conflictual history. The destiny crew is stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to manage their relations between the warring parties and other species around them.

Related or not to that idea. I wish they make their villain not one-dimentional. They should be aliens people with aspirations and hopes for themselves their races and their family (and children). But which have been endured by longs centuries of war and conflicts, where the only way out seems to the total domination of their enemies and environments. Which make them turn to do some bad immoral things, which must be stopped by our crew.

I wish they are no real big player which are straight up good guys (besides some minor aliens on some planets), beside our Destiny crew. Every aliens in this galaxy should be in some gray area in that department.

Platschu
October 15th, 2008, 07:39 AM
It doesn't matter how will be the next the enemy, but I hope we will have more information about them. I always liked such alien races, when we could see the buildings, the different classes, units and ships and we could understand their history, religion and other social skills. I would like to see some named heroes with back story. For example: Zerg and Protoss are so detailed in StarCraft that if only a single member appears, than we know what is it and where he belongs. I like that they began to bring the Wraith in this way in SG, but the best written were the Ori. We knew enough about theirs servants, theirs plans, theirs society, theirs skills. So I am sure I will remember them for years. ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Apes, perhaps? Highly intelligent, sophisticated apes with a nihilistic view of the universe?

Seriously though, any race with a civilization as complex as our own.

Shpinxinator
October 15th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I would like to see something metaphysical or paranormal...something on a higher plain of existence than the Ascended Ancients....something not even on their scale of ascension but much much higher...something so vast its unknowable something which can only been seen in it's effects on the universe something like Cthulhu (not Cthulhu himself). Something that is pure evil...not power hungry...not needing to feed to survive...but something that devours everything because it wants to

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 06:00 PM
What would an ascended nihilist look like? Taking a concept from Star Wars, a being whose belief in complete nothingness and death causes everything around it to literally die. Almost the opposite of an ascended being. pure evil/darkness/death, etc. absent of every remotely good quality.

Ripple in Space
October 15th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Parasites? Nope...
Vampires? Nope...
Evil Cousins of the Ancients? Nope...
Evil Cousins of the Asgard? Nope...
Replicators that have Ancient Tech? Nope...
Replicators that have Asgard Tech? Nope...

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Parasites? Nope...
Vampires? Nope...
Evil Cousins of the Ancients? Nope...
Evil Cousins of the Asgard? Nope...
Replicators that have Ancient Tech? Nope...
Replicators that have Asgard Tech? Nope...

humans? Nope...
Ascended Beings? Nope...
Furlings? Nope...
Nox? Nope...
Foothold Aliens? Nope...
Grace Aliens? Nope...
Any one of insignificant SG-1 aliens? Nope...
Any one of insignificant SGA aliens? Nope...

ShadowMaat
October 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'm still in love with the Hunters of the Dawn from the various trilogies by Ian Douglas... which is basically a version of the "destroyer of worlds" concept that's already been suggested. These guys take the Survival of the Fittest theme to extremes, hunting down and eliminating all traces of ANY sufficiently advanced race (space-faring, I think, or possibly just technology in general) under the principle that anything that isn't of the Hunters is an offence unto Nuggan WRONG and must be wiped from the universe to assure the Hunters' position as the supreme and ONLY race in existence. They do fun things like blow up stars and use micro black holes as weapons. There is no possibility of communication or negotiation with them because they are too busy trying to kill you and/or your home system to bother and quite frankly think you are too far beneath them to be worthy of their parlay. All non-Hunter life is nothing but an infestation. Like bugs. Or germs. And they have a giant can of Lysol. :D

I'd absolutely LOVE to see something like that on SGU, but I know it'll never happen. Audiences need not-very-alien aliens and they need to be able to identify with and understand the bad guy's motives because, apparently, we're not intelligent enough to grasp the concept of otherness.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm still in love with the Hunters of the Dawn from the various trilogies by Ian Douglas... which is basically a version of the "destroyer of worlds" concept that's already been suggested. These guys take the Survival of the Fittest theme to extremes, hunting down and eliminating all traces of ANY sufficiently advanced race (space-faring, I think, or possibly just technology in general) under the principle that anything that isn't of the Hunters is an offence unto Nuggan WRONG and must be wiped from the universe to assure the Hunters' position as the supreme and ONLY race in existence. They do fun things like blow up stars and use micro black holes as weapons. There is no possibility of communication or negotiation with them because they are too busy trying to kill you and/or your home system to bother and quite frankly think you are too far beneath them to be worthy of their parlay. All non-Hunter life is nothing but an infestation. Like bugs. Or germs. And they have a giant can of Lysol. :D

I'd absolutely LOVE to see something like that on SGU, but I know it'll never happen. Audiences need not-very-alien aliens and they need to be able to identify with and understand the bad guy's motives because, apparently, we're not intelligent enough to grasp the concept of otherness.

I doubt there will be any one major enemy, but with SGU's projected formatr, I'm sure a race like that could pop up. Sounds interesting, taking the Wraith to a higher level (the whole technology-intolerance).

Shpinxinator
October 15th, 2008, 06:52 PM
humans? Nope...
Ascended Beings? Nope...
Furlings? Nope...
Nox? Nope...
Foothold Aliens? Nope...
Grace Aliens? Nope...
Any one of insignificant SG-1 aliens? Nope...
Any one of insignificant SGA aliens? Nope...

Ticky? Nope
Shirty? Nope
Face? Nope
Acceptance of Substitutes? Nope

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ticky? Nope
Shirty? Nope
Face? Nope
Acceptance of Substitutes? Nope

New, AS-ORIGINAL-AS-POSSIBLE races? Yes.
Humanoid? probably.

Shpinxinator
October 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Well...look at it this way...beneath every villain we find a man...and beneath that man we find...his nucleus

Ltcolshepjumper
October 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Well...look at it this way...beneath every villain we find a man...and beneath that man we find...his nucleus

I would have said his stomach. You don't do nothin' you don't wanna do, ain't nothin' phony about you. Keepin' it real, do what you feel. You gotta eat Checkers:)

akren
October 16th, 2008, 03:36 AM

Hands up for that! I wqould love ot see the SGC/Earth get their asses whooped & try to negotiate with an un-negotiatable enemy for a change. :wraith:

Laura Dove
October 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Hands up for that! I wqould love ot see the SGC/Earth get their asses whooped & try to negotiate with an un-negotiatable enemy for a change. :wraith:

I think an extreme in impossible negotiation could be interesting: A non-sentient microbe that affects people's behaviour as its spreading mechanism. I'd compare it with malaria, which affects mosquitoes' behaviour, or I don't remember which cow disease which drives ants to climb as high as possible on grass, so that cows will eat them.

At first, the crew would believe the infected people (might be, or not, human) are the bad guys, before understanding where the real threat comes from.

Betelgeuze
October 16th, 2008, 07:03 AM
A race divided in two factions. Have the team choose sides, either accidentally or on purpose. Neither side should be completely right or wrong. Having more shades of grey in the division of good guys and bad guys in the Stargate universe would make it more interesting imo.

GhostPoet
October 16th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I want to see cyborgs.

Possible two races...one that don't believe in technology and have instead embraced a sort of bio-tech that relies on things naturally found in the world or slightly altered using gene alteration for their ships and weapons.

The 2nd race would be cyborgs. Who believe that anyone without cybernetic implants (some of them would go really crazy about it, nearly being all robotic) is a lesser being.

the two races would constantly battle over their beliefs, one believing the other is lesser of the two.

NIMBUS
October 17th, 2008, 08:07 AM
The 2nd race would be cyborgs. Who believe that anyone without cybernetic implants (some of them would go really crazy about it, nearly being all robotic) is a lesser being.

and a replicator would be their god.

Athosian Death facilitator
October 18th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Humans that posess technology more advanced than us but lower than the Lantians and the Unkown alian race that Sam encountered when she was on the Promethious alone. (we met them already maybe we should get to know them). Maybe a race that views the ship thats been planting the stargates as a precurser to an invasion force to thier Galaxies. Lantians that split from Atlantis or Earth to do thier own experiments and didn't agree with the way of life of the Ori or the Lantians and went there sepearte ways... (its been done yes but they don't have to be all that bad but they don't have to be good eather and the don't need to have the same arcitecture/ideolagy/morals as we or the Ori or the Lantians had think barbarians with major tec like the Gua'uld mixed with Klingons and the Sith. Or a race viewing the universe as toy that they want to break rebuild and break again and repeat.

well here's a thought. why dont we call these guys....
the race we created when we ran out of ideas. hmmm. has a ring to it.

Athosian Death facilitator
October 18th, 2008, 01:59 AM

nice idea.

Talus
October 18th, 2008, 02:36 AM
well what i was thinking is that we could have a race called the Malethaci. yes the exact same evil race from the virtual series of Stargate Destiny. i mean if you think about it it really is a good idea and all the info on the race can be found at www.sg-universe.net
the reason i chose i chose this race was because of their ships-they are HUGE!!
they are the size of CITIES about the size of Atlantis and they have dozens of them.but they also hve smaller ships which they also use.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 18th, 2008, 02:45 AM
How about an underdog villian that isn't perceived as the most serious threat at first but keeps defying the odds to stamp them out and causing lots of problems. But then, is the show really conducive to having a recurring villain at all?

jnadreth
October 18th, 2008, 03:25 AM
How about the Return of Kinsey????

Laura Dove
October 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM
How about an underdog villian that isn't perceived as the most serious threat at first but keeps defying the odds to stamp them out and causing lots of problems.

Agreed, that's what made the Genii so great: No super-evolved tech, not even space ships, but even more threatening than the wraith.

But then, is the show really conducive to having a recurring villain at all?

Agreed, it doesn't look that way.

Quadhelix
October 20th, 2008, 04:44 PM
How about Cyborg/Goa'uld sort of creatures, somewhat like the Advisers from Half-Life 2, that started out as humanoid but over many tens of millions of years evolved/degenerated into small slug-like creatures whose only method of interaction with the world is through cybernetically controlled exoskeletons. These creatures, whatever they would be called, are completely dependent on their (admittedly, extremely advanced) technology to survive and would probably die within minutes without the life support provided by their encounter suits. They would probably be highly dependent on AIs, as they have decay mentally as well as physically, and (as a gift to the show's budget and casting departments) would fight mainly through the use of brainwashed human/Alteran slaves. Their hyperdrive technology would be at least at Alteran levels, if not beyond, allowing their empire to span many galaxies, and they might even have specialized "Jumpships" capable of carrying warships across intergalactic distances instantly (so that they can be a persistent threat to the crew of the Destiny).

CABAL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtxeniCQVc).
"The systems are impenetrable. There are no weak points. The technology is without flaw. The human element, as always, is riddled with imperfections."
-CABAL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlauZjDTG9U)

Shpinxinator
October 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM
http://domi.oneradicalsite.com/images/dolemite2.jpg

The Evil Lord Dolemite plots against our heroes...

ShadowMaat
October 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well, if you're gonna be silly, then it should be the Red Lectroids, escaping once again from the 8th dimension to wreak havoc in a Banzai-less universe. :P

Shpinxinator
October 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
In all seriousness though...again I would like to see something practically all power....something that cannot be beaten just postponed

I read a quote recently that I think should capture the essence of the new enemy...

"I have seen my death, Humans need not bother me with it."

jelgate
October 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM
In all seriousness though...again I would like to see something practically all power....something that cannot be beaten just postponedI believe they call that the Ori

ShadowMaat
October 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Something so powerful that it doesn't even recognize the efforts the humans make to try and stop it. Or communicate with it. Or even just get out of its way.

I want a villain that will FINALLY put us in our place and show us that we aren't the end-all, be-all of the universe and that it really wasn't THAT long ago that our ancestors fell out of the trees and were too stupid to climb up again. ;)

Pity we won't see that in SGU, though.

Shpinxinator
October 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
I believe they call that the Ori

More powerful than the Ori...something that a handy dandy ancient machine would stop

TheHumanElement
October 22nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
The SGU team move to a region of space where a very powerful Federation of planets exists. This "Federation" encompasses many planets, but the Federation has been falling apart since it peaked. Maybe the Asgard and other races might be part of this Federation with humans. Maybe the Federation is falling apart because of financial reasons. Very powerful corporate conglomerates would play a big role in this empire. This federation was one founded on good principles, but now the empire has become corrupt (evil). This type of villain might run parallels to what's currently happening to the United States, but taking it to a greater extreme where this space faring empire is built, but financially collapses due to greed.

Imagine something like the villains in the show Firefly or movie the Serenity. At the center of the empire would be a highly technologically advanced megatropolises and throughout the universe there would be numerous planets colonized by this federation with varying levels of wealth and/or poverty. Maybe this region of space doesn't have stargates, but the central government is familiar with them and sees them as a treat to security in the federation, because the evil federation maintains their stranglehold of power by controlling space travel. With this federation we might see things like spacestations (think ds9), etc. Also this federation's ships wouldn't have built in hyperdrive. Instead their ships would use jumpgates that generate hyperdrive windows for the ships.

Who knows, maybe we can even throw in a phantom menace and a rebel movement. ;)

Infinite-Possibilities
October 22nd, 2008, 01:25 AM
"The systems are impenetrable. There are no weak points. The technology is without flaw. The human element, as always, is riddled with imperfections."

I loved that line. But I think one of his best was when Slavik asked to to define "favorable outcome" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S9ptM2LHSw&feature=related).

You probably can't conivnce me that type of AI wouldn't be an at least somewhat effective villian. Especially if he gains a body where he can threaten the ummm "Stargate younglings" (or whoever) directly. Perhaps one that he can control remotely or download away from if destroyed. That would be sort of similar to DCAU Brainiac or the Wraith virus too.

TheHumanElement
October 22nd, 2008, 06:24 AM

I actually didn't notice that reference to the human element. I must have skimmed over it the first time I read it. Cabal should remember that without the human element there would be no technology.

GhostPoet
October 22nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
The new enemy should be a race of hyper-intelligent, non-humanoid species that try to control the order of the univers. (sometimes balancing out the universe may infact mean wiping out a planet or two)

jenks
October 22nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Order of the universe? What's that?

ShadowMaat
October 22nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
The new enemy should be a race of hyper-intelligent, non-humanoid species that try to control the order of the univers. (sometimes balancing out the universe may infact mean wiping out a planet or two)

How about a race that is already in control of the universe and has been since before Earth was a blink in the sun's eye and we're only just now starting to get vague hints of their possible existence? The ultimate puppetmasters, playing in the theater of reality (or multiverse, if you prefer, so they can play out ALL the angles).

Silly, dumb, potentially amusing, likely obnoxious as all get-out and never gonna happen anyway. ;)

Anon
October 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
brad wright said that there will be no main villian, just a bunch of diff races, and they run into them, like voyager, that is one of the reasons every body was calling universe voyager 90210

Commander Zelix
October 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
brad wright said that there will be no main villian, just a bunch of diff races

Where did he said that? Do you have a link? I don't recall him saying there wouldn't be main villains in Universe.

ShadowMaat
October 22nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Where did he said that? Do you have a link? I don't recall him saying there wouldn't be main villains in Universe.

Makes sense, though, seeing as the crew is stuck on a ship bouncing from place to place. It makes it a lot easier on the writers, too, since all they have to do is come up with a Villain of the Week and screw continuity and development and all that stuff.

Jack_Bauer
October 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Makes sense, though, seeing as the crew is stuck on a ship bouncing from place to place. It makes it a lot easier on the writers, too, since all they have to do is come up with a Villain of the Week and screw continuity and development and all that stuff.

Sooo, because the writers are incompetent, we don;t get a long story arc?

Betelgeuze
October 23rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
I think that there is no reason why there could not be a long story arc. There is no reason why there wouldn't be advanced races in the galaxy/galaxies that will be visited by the Destiny. These advanced races could use the stargates to colonize other planets.

I think it would be interesting if there is not just one advanced race who dominates the galaxy. Many advanced races who form different alliances with each other, or who are at war with other advanced races, provides for interesting long term story arcs imo.

Commander Zelix
October 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM

I always thought it was bit easier to write just one villain and bring story about them week after week. You must create one basic storyline for a whole season so you know where you're going. Than to invent one villain, and a whole backstory for them, every weeks. You must give them their own goals, their own aliens view of lifes, etc. At one time the same groups of writers comes up short of original storyline. Its like making a short movie every weeks. While you can always write an episode like "The queen" or an episode where the wraith are taking over atlantis or another episodes where they makes plans to steal the stargate from Atlantis or another where they kidnap McCay offworld or another where they make an alliance with the genii to take down Atlantis, another where the wraith poses as human (using carson formula) to infliltrate atlantis, etc.

Lets say that both approach bring its own challenges. If I was a writer I would use many new aliens every weeks to make original topical sci-fi stories with a sense of discovery and wonders and use good villain (and friends) to fill other episodes with good storylines. A good mix of both is what I like to watch. They all should be part of the same universe. Like they do in Atlantis. For example, almost all aliens of every planets should know about the main villains.

That said, I don't think them moving from planet to planet means there won't be main villains. Thats about what they are doing in SG1 and Atlantis (through the stargate) and there is some main villains. As it is possible for main villains to conquer, or try to conquer, or have relations with a whole galaxy as the Goaould, Wraith, Genii. Either through the stargates or with interplanetary vessels.

ShadowMaat
October 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Than to invent one villain, and a whole backstory for them, every weeks. You must give them their own goals, their own aliens view of lifes, etc.
Under normal circumstances yes, you'd probably be right: coming up with a new villain week after week would be hard, but if you just have your bland bad guys and generic despots, the franchise has been living off those since the beginning: they're called "filler eps." ;) Plus I doubt much thought will be put into grand things like goals and lifestyles and background and whatnot, it'll probably be just a basic outline. I mean, why waste time on a one-off villain? And they will all probably come in a few basic flavors (Cold Killers, Power-mongers, etc) with a few embellishments to make them look different. I figure they'll probably have one of those spinny wheel things in the main office and each week they'll give it a spin to see what kinda bad guy they're gonna write about this time. :P

GhostPoet
October 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Ok...honestly...i'd like to see non-humanoid creatures that keep following the ship around. The crew encounters them from time to time...they start out as creatures who merely follow the ship's energy source because it leads them to food. (the crew)

Over a short amount of time and some sort of events, the creatures would gain a bit more intelligence and communication abilities.

suqata
October 24th, 2008, 11:31 AM
How about and enemy that is not susceptible to our projectile weapons forcing the team to locate other means of dispatching said bad guys. Something with a little more 'pew pew' then 'bang bang'.

Capt. Drake
October 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Why not an "bad guy" that we don't realize is there. It starts off where every world they visit has a defect, one race/culture/group of people is being oppressed, or there is a cultural 'wrong' and the SG team comes in and fixes it. But as time goes on we start to see that there is a pattern, and that someone is controlling the strings, a shadow government of the worlds.

Adrius
October 24th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Parasitical space vampires made of nanites that inhabit other beings and then ascend, only to raise massive armies that conquer other galaxies.

Duh.

EternalAlteran
October 25th, 2008, 06:25 AM
One of our own, that seizes control of some alien race and becomes our enemy,

GateFanSamJack
October 25th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Gremlins - millions of years?, they could've evolved multiple sentient species on board the ship and colonies of sentient parasites living off the exhaust fumes. I wonder if the computer has a pet. Do the gremlins act as "mousers" to keep replicators from evolving?

Their own backgrounds

Capt. Janeway keeps trying to hack into the ship to learn its secrets.

Only gassy food is available and there is poor ventilation.

Remember all those overhead views from the first season of SGU? It was a goa'uld queen watching from the rafters.

The ancients looked funny when they weren't standing up and the furniture gets really mad if you try to modify it for humans.

Animal husbandry proves difficult when the ship was designed with exposed wiring - so much for trying to make feta. The baby will have to keep nursing until they find something richer in calcium to eat. Yeah, I said it, a baby.

I'm not sure about a great, great villain. If this series is meant to generate stand alone movies, villains as complicated as the Ori would be a bit much. Maybe big villains, but not necessarily complicated ones would be doable. The complication could come from having multiple or allied villains, but individual villains need to be understood more easily to generate movies.

Who says they aren't the villains?

Tri_rule
October 26th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hey!! I got one How about a super advanced human from an alternate reality where the stargate program is just a TV show.

This Super Human has a grudge against every Man and Woman associated with Stargate universe, a grudge that only he and the hundreds of others from his reality can understand, any one from either reality who tries to convince them not to hate only get's a face full of sarcastic comments on how there Wrong!! and Thousands upon thousands of comments on how stargate universe Sucks...

ShadowMaat
October 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Doesn't sound very super to me. LOL!

Besides, that'd be treading too close to Citizen Joe stuff and I really don't think we need to revisit THAT plot device. Particularly since TPTB's "homages" to fandom are usually twice as nasty as what the fans do to each other. :rolleyes:

crowmagnumman
October 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Doesn't sound very super to me. LOL!

Besides, that'd be treading too close to Citizen Joe stuff and I really don't think we need to revisit THAT plot device. Particularly since TPTB's "homages" to fandom are usually twice as nasty as what the fans do to each other. :rolleyes:

That was a really terrible episode. I hope to never see an episode like that ever again.

ReFRidgerator
October 27th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Joe the barber should tam up with Lucius Lavin. Ok Jk Jk. That would just be awful, and rediculus; rediculiously awful. Seariously, maybe a spacfaring race like the travelers who are very territorial, and who beive that we are invading their territory.

jenks
October 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Joe the barber should tam up with Lucius Lavin. Ok Jk Jk. That would just be awful, and rediculus; rediculiously awful. Seariously, maybe a spacfaring race like the travelers who are very territorial, and who beive that we are invading their territory.

*sigh*

crowmagnumman
October 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Joe the barber should tam up with Lucius Lavin. Ok Jk Jk. That would just be awful, and rediculus; rediculiously awful.

Then they could both team up with that guy from Tin Man who says "Kamtraya." I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone that gets attacked by them.

fuzzylogicman
October 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Something like that Goa'uld, something that believes they are superior with no jusification other than that. or something like voyager which i thought was good, that they are an enemy that want the technology for one reason or another. I think the whole 'ascended'/'superior technology', has been done to death and is to easy to have another technology that can counter it. A battle of morals would be really cool, have them technological enough to keep up with the destiny or have them numerous that its not easy to escape.

i say have a major villian that keeps chasing but is in the corner of the eye and have numerous sub-villians.

Aryk Celestis
October 28th, 2008, 01:41 AM
There's potential for many villains and as it seems they're not going to stick with one 'main enemy', I'm hoping we really get a lot of unique ones. But I wish there'd be at least one big baddie, thought they don't have to be discovered immediately. Perhaps as a cliff-hanger at the end of the first season?

Since the Destiny is a ship that predates the Ancients's departure for the Pegasus Galaxy with Atlantis, what I'd really like to see, is an enemy that is equally as old. Like an enemy from an entirely different part of the universe that the Ancients, Asgard, Nox and Furlings had to unite against in order to keep them from our little section of space. What about an alien race (really alien) that has enslaved many, many different species across different galaxies?

Darkstar 2.0
October 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'd like to see some antagonists who are neither evil for the sake of evil nor are they all smiles, a race who have had to endure.

They have a chip on their shoulder and wish to have never opened the Stargate in the first place, because they found something they did not understand and could not control, like Humans of Earth they periodically use the gate for mass expiditions and their world is pretty advanced but fractured politically by an impending doom that could strike them because they opened pandora's box, next thing Humans come along and they do not wish to form an alliance straight away...I hate this enemy thing from the get go, why not just be at each others throat then learn to co-exist then be allies then friends by the end of the show?

I don't know why most people overlook the very obvious mould for possibly one of the greatest bad guys that could come along...its tha mirror or almost mirror image of EARTH!!!...a stargate programme with political strife, backroom deals, tretchary and friendships, please!!! a little more continuity and more characterisation that simply cardboard bad guys and mono-cultured worlds where they all sound, dress, act and think the same!!

Ltcolshepjumper
October 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
There's potential for many villains and as it seems they're not going to stick with one 'main enemy', I'm hoping we really get a lot of unique ones. But I wish there'd be at least one big baddie, thought they don't have to be discovered immediately. Perhaps as a cliff-hanger at the end of the first season?

Since the Destiny is a ship that predates the Ancients's departure for the Pegasus Galaxy with Atlantis, what I'd really like to see, is an enemy that is equally as old. Like an enemy from an entirely different part of the universe that the Ancients, Asgard, Nox and Furlings had to unite against in order to keep them from our little section of space. What about an alien race (really alien) that has enslaved many, many different species across different galaxies?

I think they need to have an enemy that's equally as old as the Ancients, but unrelated to existing Stargate races, and not on as big a scale as the Ancients, Goauld, Wraith, Ori, or Replicators. Maybe on a scale like the evil Asgard. They have the capability of being a really big galactic threat, nut choose not to, or cannot do so because of limiting factors.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM

For a second there I thought you meant Joe the Plumber.

fwupow
October 30th, 2008, 12:07 AM
How about an enemy that starts out heartless and stays that way. For some reason, we humans always seek to find the humanity in every creature. The Klingons started out barbaric but eventually you had one serving aboard the Enterprise in Star Trek_TNG.

Vulcans were supposed to be emotionless but before long we discover that their emotions were actually repressed and the Vulcans were having more emotional breakdowns than anybody else onboard.

Same thing with the Wraith. At first they're all blood-lusting animal types, but later we discover that they're intelligent and were once humans that got bitten by a bug. Along comes Todd and they're almost ready to babysit your kids.

Fact of the matter is, that if you subscribe to the idea that the Universe is teaming with different life forms and that they arose by random chance based evolution, then their genetic makeup would not only result in diversity of appearance but also diversity of behavioral nature. This means that some of them, as an entire species, might actually derive genuine happiness (not just pleasure) from killing and being killed, tortured etc. and basically living in a fashion overtly disgusting to humans and there would simply be no peaceful co-existance possible with them without reprogramming their DNA to change the nature of their emotional function. They would vehemently refuse such treatment and pitch themselves in war-to-the-death against humanity or whatever race disapproves of them.

SGU is gonna take it to the next level. Now we'll have heroes saving not just earth, or even the galaxy but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE! Better grab some popcorn, put on a diaper and strap yourself down cause we're about reach out and fool with things better left alone.

Darkstar 2.0
October 30th, 2008, 06:46 AM
The Ballchinians from MIB 2 LMAO!!!

:D

Vertigold
October 30th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I'd like to see an enemy that is an alliance of a variety of races similar to the Dominion from Star Trek or the Covenant from Halo.

To make this enemy more interesting they can have a variety of different species/weapons/ships/technology making it more difficult to for the Destiny Crew to figure out their weaknesses as they feel like they're encountering a new more powerful enemy every week when they're really still fighting the same one. It also allows us to see something new or interesting every once in a while with a near endless number of races or cultures on hand to replace the ones that might get boring.

They can be ruled by a central body/government/council who are far more organised and united, unlike the Goa'uld or Wraith, thereby making their elimination more difficult. The Stargates could play a central role in this alliance forming as they allow for a faster and swifter way of expanding their territory without losing vital ships. The Destiny would be extremely valuable to them as they could spread their influence as well as keep their territory under control using the gates.

The only limitation might be budget though.

Orion Antreas
October 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I believe the villain needs to be alien looking. And when I state that, I mean, I want it to look humanoid, but definitely not human. (Obviously humans wouldn't be seen anyway since we are going out into an uncharted part of universe where humans haven't been 'seeded'.) I think they should be bipedal/humanoid, but have a distinct alien nature to them.

We do know that we are going to see a variety of enemies since they are traveling in space across multiple galaxies.

All they (TPTB) need to do is have a distinct culture, language (probably would be translated as time moves on and we would hear English instead of the alien language), and distinct technology. If they put an effort into the race and make it 'real', they will be a hit.

I can't wait till we hear information on this.

ShadowMaat
October 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM
How about an enemy whose appearance changes depending on who's looking at it/them? There could be some underlying base shape, but the human mind just processes it into "reptilian monster" or "giant spider" or "jello mold with eyestalks" or something like that. I think that's how It worked, right? That'd give you a wide variety of... shapes to play with and would allow some humanoid ones as well as non-humanoid.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM
How about an enemy whose appearance changes depending on who's looking at it/them? There could be some underlying base shape, but the human mind just processes it into "reptilian monster" or "giant spider" or "jello mold with eyestalks" or something like that. I think that's how It worked, right? That'd give you a wide variety of... shapes to play with and would allow some humanoid ones as well as non-humanoid.

It... was that the movie with the demon clown?

tk9780
October 31st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Dalek!

ShadowMaat
October 31st, 2008, 05:59 PM
It... was that the movie with the demon clown?

Yup. Although I think the book was better. ;) I'm sure the idea has cropped up in a ton of other places as well (having just finished reading the Buckaroo Banzai novelization I know they mention something similar, too) but that's the source that springs to mind.

Although I could be quite happy if SGU stayed demon clown-free. :P

rarocks24
October 31st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Werewolves.

The next enemy should be werewolves.

Betelgeuze
November 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
If they have to go with Earth based mythology, why not the Aes Sidhe?

jenks
November 1st, 2008, 05:50 AM
Because no one has heard of them, but you have achieved your goal of someone asking you to elaborate. Have at it.

Ltcolshepjumper
November 1st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Yup. Although I think the book was better. ;) I'm sure the idea has cropped up in a ton of other places as well (having just finished reading the Buckaroo Banzai novelization I know they mention something similar, too) but that's the source that springs to mind.

Although I could be quite happy if SGU stayed demon clown-free. :P

Hmmm... SGA S4 Doppleganger?

Betelgeuze
November 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM
Because no one has heard of them, but you have achieved your goal of someone asking you to elaborate. Have at it.

Sorry. The Aes Sidhe are supernatural beings who live under the hills. If i'm correct they are also sometimes called the Thuata De Dannan, who are the gods of Celtic mythology.

ShadowMaat
November 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
Hmmm... SGA S4 Doppleganger?

That clown wasn't really demonic, just your garden-variety schmuck in greasepaint and floppy shoes. Which is maybe not so different, depending on your point of view. ;)

EDIT: Ahhh, I just realized where else I'd seen this: Sanctuary. Thought it was kinda effective, too, although there there a few times I wanted to slap the characters and say, "THINK, dammit!"

Ah well, it was a fun idea while it lasted.

Fjord
November 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM

Maybe we'll see some evolved plant like species...whose only goal is to spread their species over every single world they can find. They could be ruled by a mother tree of some sort. They could have various types of beings that grow to suit the purpose of their mission. I guess sort of like the flood from halo..except smarter..

RepliVeggie
November 2nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
I want the aliens from Daedalus Variations.

Celesto
November 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
nice idea. But somehow thats kind of boring, dont ya think? A new "enemy" would be better for the success of the series. Ok, maybe in some episodes it would be interesting to know more about them. I m just snoopy now, where the Destiny will be when the team arrives on the ship.

Fandom Addict
November 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Themselves.

It would be kind of interesting to see them as the bad guys, instead of the good guys all the time. From the premise that we've been given as to what the show is about, they're all stuck on that ship, if they fall behind, they're left behind and there is no way to retrive anyone who's lost. So, if this ship has been around for a long time, there isn't really going to be much in the way of supplies, either to trade (which can take a long time, and might risk being left behind), or to use, so how are they going to live? Steal? Might be the only way they can survive. They would be, in a way, villians to the people they come across.

Lantean_wall-e
December 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM

Wouldn't be fair. There is absolutely no way of defeating him. It would be like...SGU team encounters Chuck Norris, he roundhouse kicks them and the destiny itself...they die. THE END.

GateGipsy
December 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Or in another scenario - they all rush him at once, instead of one at a time or standing in a formation that means they can all be taken out in one kick, and he dies. Again, just as short though :)

Good idea though. Chuck Norris is pretty cool.

Ikaros
December 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Judging from the target Group's age, there should be Orcs and Dark Elfs.

The_Dude
December 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
My cousin:eek:
She's horrible!
*hides*

Automission
December 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
I reckon the new bad guy's should be humanoid, but can survive in the vacuum of space due to them having multiple lungs, capable of holding vast quantities of oxygen. They have two sets of wings, for a gliding fast attack, and a set used for gaining height.
They'l have short, anatomically correct (as close as it is possible) that feature razor blade sharp claws. The main reason they attack outsiders, and go on an offence is due to their diet. They feed on Raw minerals, including naquadah, such as ancient ships contain.

I'l admit that sounds odd, but they actually store it within a special stomach to use during construction of their nests. These nests of course drift within space, and have their own plants capable of providing oxygen.

too long, didn't read? Flying creatures who eat naquadah. :P

Sussitout
June 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I well remember the first time I came accross the Borg in Star Trek. They were 'good' villians. Nasty. Look at the Vs as in that series - again very nasty. Aliens - always nasty. Look at nature imagine the worst possible from microbes and bugs up - plenty of scope for the imagination.

Sussitout
June 17th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Personally I think SG1 had villians that were a bit of push over compared to Atlantis. SG1 had more humour because if it. I think Richard Dean Anderson (O'Neil) could see sci fi for what it is - all things to all people. No way was he going to 'be afraid' of 'aliens'. Atlantis did it a bit differently as in much more evil aliens with a much more limited scope for 'taking the piss' as we say in the UK. Universe has not even decided which way to go on this score though I do like the 'non English' speaking aliens. Never had these on SG1. Borg were good baddies (very limted scope for any humor) and the latest V series is very tense and has some seriously nasty lizards to root out and kill - again absolutely no humour. Quite simply for me that is what made SG1 so F'ing good - over the top 'bad people' with plenty of scope for humor. I well remember O'Neil, discussing to what Anubis would do to the people of Kelowna. He said: Da Da Da Dar!! as in the start of Beethoven's fifth I think - what can you but laugh and keel over.