Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: Who starts airing the second half first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUESTION: Who starts airing the second half first?

I'm confused. I've been trying to find out whether or not the UK really does get ahead of the US in eps (as has been the case in the past), and I can't find out a calendar or anything that shows when they start passing us up on episodes. Does anyone have an answer to this?

DoS

I believe that the UK will (like usual) get new SG-1 episodes a week or two before the states does. It airs in the states January 21st.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

assuming there are no delays in the UK schedule, the UK should get the episode Gemini (the next new episode to be shown in the US) on December 21st so the UK should get the episodes unseen in the US a full month ahead. by the time the US gets Gemini, the UK will be 4 episodes ahead a will have already shown up to Reckoning part 1.

with it coming up to christmas, the UK will probably delay new episodes so we should get Gemini on December 21st but not get any new episodes until after new year so there will probably be a 1 week break (meaning no stargate on december 28) or a 2 week break (which means no new episode on January 4th) putting the UK only 2 or 3 episodes ahead

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
        assuming there are no delays in the UK schedule, the UK should get the episode Gemini (the next new episode to be shown in the US) on December 21st so the UK should get the episodes unseen in the US a full month ahead. by the time the US gets Gemini, the UK will be 4 episodes ahead a will have already shown up to Reckoning part 1.

with it coming up to christmas, the UK will probably delay new episodes so we should get Gemini on December 21st but not get any new episodes until after new year so there will probably be a 1 week break (meaning no stargate on december 28) or a 2 week break (which means no new episode on January 4th) putting the UK only 2 or 3 episodes ahead
        OK, thanks for that. It makes sense. Interesting, though... It's probably gonna be a madhouse during that time, then, considering I know I'm not the ONLY ONE who wants to see what the heck is happening in those eps.

For those of you in the UK: Feel free to transcribe the eps until your heart's content.

Oh yeah... And don't forget the screencaps.
        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 17 November 2004, 06:41 PM. Reason: some font colors just DO NOT work out...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade

Uh... I've worked out December 14th. Yeah, Covenant is 23rd, Sacrifices is 30th, Endgame is 7th and Gemini is 14th.

And it's almost certain they'll have a two week break, probably 23rd and 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            Uh... I've worked out December 14th. Yeah, Covenant is 23rd, Sacrifices is 30th, Endgame is 7th and Gemini is 14th.

Whether it's the 14th or the 21st, I don't care. Well... That's a lie. I care because it's five weeks before us, but ANYWAYS... Just make sure you lucky folks fill us in with lovely detailed spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

has Affinity been shown yet? i thought it wasn't on until tuesday (23rd) but if it has been shown it would be Gemini on December 14th if it has already been shown and i would be a week off (i guess thats what i get for having watched them a few months early)

sigpic

Comment

The Sky One December schedule goes as follows.

7th December - SG1 Endgame & SGA: Home
                14th December - SG1 Promethus Unbound & SGA: The Storm
                21st December - SG1 Gemini & SGA: The Eye

If Sky does continue broadcast on January 4, 2005 then we are set to go four episodes ahead of the US, on both shows. There you go DoS.
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  If Sky does continue broadcast on January 4, 2005 then we are set to go four episodes ahead of the US, on both shows. There you go DoS.
                  I doubt it they will have 1 week break for charismas and new year.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    The Sky One December schedule goes as follows.

7th December - SG1 Endgame & SGA: Home
                    14th December - SG1 Promethus Unbound & SGA: The Storm
                    21st December - SG1 Gemini & SGA: The Eye

Thank you for the information !
                    But where did you get the schedule of Sky One for december ?
                    I didn't found it on their site.
                    Gilles
                    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                    Ben Browder interview
                    Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      I'm confused. I've been trying to find out whether or not the UK really does get ahead of the US in eps (as has been the case in the past), and I can't find out a calendar or anything that shows when they start passing us up on episodes. Does anyone have an answer to this?

DoS
                      According to an official letter (someone on ship thread wrote to them) from UK Sky, Gemini will air at 8pm Tuesday the 14th of december, in the UK, ahahahhahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by amra
                        According to an official letter (someone on ship thread wrote to them) from UK Sky, Gemini will air at 8pm Tuesday the 14th of december, in the UK, ahahahhahaha!
                        I think what’s happening is that they have changed the order of play “Prometheus Unbound” being broadcast before “Gemini”.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It's not on the Sky Website yet, but it's in the listing mags that are in the shops.

Madeleine

Comment

As Madeline ahs mentioned, there a satellite guides in newsagents which I picked up for a first, something I don't tend to do very often, but I was curious as to what we'd wrap up in December with.

Wass, last year when we continued with Grace in January, I believe it was either the 5 or 6 of January that it continued airing with S7. So, it's a good possibility.
                            __

__

Comment

wow canada and the uk get everything ahead of us....wow we americans are getting the shaft by sci fi
                              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                              X