X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 (8) and SGA (1) preorder

Just FYI ...

I just preordered the first SG1 season 8 DVD and SGA season 1 DVD from Amazon UK. Gateworld states the cost as 14.99, but I just got it for 12.76 (each).

Roy

Excellent I'll be doing the same
    sigpic

Comment

I find it humourous and depressing that we wont be getting the season 7 box set until a month after these come out

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
        I find it humourous and depressing that we wont be getting the season 7 box set until a month after these come out
        Yea.. that is why is usually order from Amazon UK .. I already have the complete Season 7 DVD's. I have a region free DVD player, so as long as it's the English sound track, I'm happy.

Comment

I pre-ordered these the second I saw them mentioned on GW... Excellent. I wonder how many episodes will be on them, now that there's 20 eps to a season rather than 22...
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Ugly Pig: I would imagine that they'll stick with 4 per disk. So S8 will only be five disks, instead of the usual six. That means fewer extras but I suppose they should be able to squeeze something extra on those disks.

In any case, I'll hold off for the season box sets. I've bought the indvidual disks often enough. This time my wallet will do the thinking

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
              Ugly Pig: I would imagine that they'll stick with 4 per disk. So S8 will only be five disks, instead of the usual six. That means fewer extras but I suppose they should be able to squeeze something extra on those disks.
              While that would make sense, I wouldn't be surprised if they treated 'New Order' and 'Rising' the same way they did 'Lost City' by giving them each a disc of their own, and finished the season with a disc of two episodes like usual. I do hope that at least they present them as double-length episodes rather than two-parters.

In any case, I'm glad they're releasing them the way I was hoping; first an SG-1 disc, then an Atlantis disc, and so on. New Stargate DVD every two weeks or so! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                While that would make sense, I wouldn't be surprised if they treated 'New Order' and 'Rising' the same way they did 'Lost City' by giving them each a disc of their own, and finished the season with a disc of two episodes like usual. I do hope that at least they present them as double-length episodes rather than two-parters.
                Maybe. Although that is a risky release strategy. I (a big fan) was unhappy to be buying one DVD with only two eps. each season (for the same frelling price). I would never buy two such in one season. In any case I'm waiting for the box set. Actually since I AM waiting for the box set I wouldn't mind them spreading it out over six disks as it will allow for more extras without compressing the episodes too much (the reason I don't buy R1 sets is the fact that they cram the episodes on 5 disks).

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                  Maybe. Although that is a risky release strategy. I (a big fan) was unhappy to be buying one DVD with only two eps. each season (for the same frelling price). I would never buy two such in one season.
                  I actually wouldn't mind it, for continuity reasons. If they put four episodes on the first season 8 DVD, it will contain both 'New Order' (which takes place before 'Rising') and 'Zero Hour' (which takes place after). One wouldn't be able to watch the entire SG-1 disc at once without getting screwed up episode order in relations to Atlantis.

Comment

I would want to buy them both on DVD seperate but I would like to wait for them to be sold in the boxset, as hopefully it will be out quicker on boxset this time around than early years.

I wonder what extras will be on the Atlantis DVD?

Any ideas or any thoughts of what extras you would like to see?

Comment

Omg, what a rip off, I paid £13.40... For each season boxset.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Working...
                      X