Todd > 10,000 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd > 10,000 years old?

I thought it was interesting when Todd mentioned that he was around the first time the Attero device was activated 10,000 years ago. Have we ever heard before that the Wraith actually live this long?

Granted, the topic of Wraith reproduction hasn't come up either but I always kind of figured that it wasn't the same Wraith around now that were around during the war...

There have been a few who are around this age. The Queen from Submersion was part of the first wave of ships to attack Atlantis. They guy from the Defiant One said he had fed on Lantians, so they are both 10000+
    In Rising Beckett said that if wraith cells were properly nourished then he couldn't see them dying of natural ageing, or something along those lines. There could well be a few Wraith out there that are as old as Todd
    sigpic

Comment

His true chronological age would be 10,000 plus years going by this episode yes. It's also worth noting though that given the long Wraith hybernation cycles his effective age would probably be a lot less. If they sleep for 99 out of every 100 years, waking for 1 year to cull their feeding rounds, then he'd only be 100 years old in terms of actual life experiences.

That's just a simplified average estimate. I think they sleep for more than 100 years actually, and it's likely they also spend more than 1 year culling.

Comment

Yes, I think most of us assumed that Todd was around for War with the Ancients, especially with his knowledge of the cloning facility. Also, as was pointed out already, we have two Wraith we know who were 10k+ years of age (The Defiant One; Submersion queen), and I think James Lafazanos said that - in his mind - Bob was very old, as well...another veteran of the Ancient War, I suspect.

But Todd would be older - perhaps much older - than 10,000 years. He wasn't born 10,000 years ago if he was actually engaged in battle during that war and witnessed - firsthand -the effects of the Attero device. He may be hundreds, even thousands, of years older than that - maybe 15,000 years old, or more...all depending on how long the Wraith were in this advanced state of evolution before they decided to attack the Ancients.

I'm just glad for the confirmation...it helps us appreciate the fact that he knows far more about this galaxy than those meddling earthlings do.

As far as hibernation goes, I was under the impression that they hibernate for - perhaps - 500 years or more. Not sure why I thought this - perhaps it's something Teyla said in The Rising about the last great culling, or something. Still, we know the Wraith wake periodically, so MAYBE hives waken as need be, a few - or even one - at a time, and only every half-century do they ALL awaken at once, as has just happened.

Still, we can be pretty sure that Todd has slept a good portion of his life away. But when you are over 10,000 years old, even if he's spent half of that in hibernation, he's still much older than any human alive in the galaxy.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by achalupa View Post
          I thought it was interesting when Todd mentioned that he was around the first time the Attero device was activated 10,000 years ago. Have we ever heard before that the Wraith actually live this long?

Granted, the topic of Wraith reproduction hasn't come up either but I always kind of figured that it wasn't the same Wraith around now that were around during the war...
          umm, in the first episode carson said that as long as the cells in their bodies are properly nurished, he dosent see a life form like the wraith ever dying of natural ageing the way we do.

and its also been know that the wraith reproduce asexually. the queen provides the genetic material and the wraith grow in organic pods, which is why they call it a "hive" ship.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            But Todd would be older - perhaps much older - than 10,000 years. He wasn't born 10,000 years ago if he was actually engaged in battle during that war and witnessed - firsthand -the effects of the Attero device. He may be hundreds, even thousands, of years older than that - maybe 15,000 years old, or more...all depending on how long the Wraith were in this advanced state of evolution before they decided to attack the Ancients.
            This is not necessarily true. The Ancients didn't really try to do much about the Wraith 'til very late in the game. Then, war broke out. The war lasted 100 years.

The Attero device was most probably a late comer. Even it wasn't, it's only approximately 10105 years old. Thus, Todd could simply be approximately 10105 years and 1 days old.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              This is not necessarily true. The Ancients didn't really try to do much about the Wraith 'til very late in the game. Then, war broke out. The war lasted 100 years.

The Attero device was most probably a late comer. Even it wasn't, it's only approximately 10105 years old. Thus, Todd could simply be approximately 10105 years and 1 days old.
              But it's been indicated that 1. Todd had a 'following', and 2. he played a part in creating the clones that helped win the war. For Todd to gain a following, and have the scientific knowledge to help create the clone warriors, then it suggests he wasn't too young during the war. 100 years old would make him only a mere child in Wraith years. I'm thinking he had to be bit older - not 'old' - but certainly more than just a few decades old - when the war broke out.

das
              sigpic

Comment

Lets call him Father Todd then .

Comment

Working...
                X