Can We Help Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can We Help Them?

Now considering the fact that these Asgards have made much progress to solve their genetic problems by experimenting on humans (precisely what they do to them I have no idea) and that they're on the verge of annihilation by the Wraith, don't you think we should offer to help them with their research, find a suitable settlement (maybe in the Milky Way) and rebuild their civilisation using the knowledge from the Asgard Core, instead of making them enemies?

Do you think they would have accepted the help?
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Probably not. They seem to think that it was the MW Asgard's association with other races that partly led to their downfall. They seem to believe in total isolationism....
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

The problem is that while they could relocate them, (the Ida galaxy would be the logical choice) unless they do so by helping them upgrade their engines (I'm not so sure Earth would be willing to give them intergalactic capabilities given their actions and attitude) the Asgard would have to give up their ships. Which would put them at a serious disadvantage in any new environment and something I seriously doubt they would go for as it would require a lot of trust on their end.

Comment

Also, if we were to take them to the Ida Galaxy, they might just conduct their experiments on humans in that galaxy, should there be humans, or they could just fly to Earth and start Loki's story line again...

Bummer Daniel didn't ask if it would be an option, though... But we mustn't forget that we don't have our friends back.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Let them rot. If these chumps are so pathetic that they get their little grey asses handed to them by the Travelers (still the Worst. Race. Ever.) then we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Comment

Well, considering this Asgard faction's propensity for kindness and willingness to help others, I think we should definitely hand over a copy of the Asgard Core. That was sarcasm by the way.

In all seriousness though, I don't think they want help. They pretty much said that they didn't. They want to be all by themselves in their own little corner of the universe.

I say fine, let them have it, but when they start muckin' about causin' problems for us we need to unleash the blue fury on their sickly grey butts. I find it kind of amusing that their kissing cousins probably provided us with the means to end their suffering.

You'll have to forgive this post, I'm watching "The Shining" right now and I'm not really in the correct frame of mind at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Also, if we were to take them to the Ida Galaxy, they might just conduct their experiments on humans in that galaxy, should there be humans, or they could just fly to Earth and start Loki's story line again...

Bummer Daniel didn't ask if it would be an option, though... But we mustn't forget that we don't have our friends back.
              That's a good point. That's precisely why I think Earth should work with these Asgard on their research.

Instead of abducting live subjects, we could give them all the information on human physiology and genetics and let them go nuts with it.

The fact that they chose to live in seclusion all these years is because of their fear of the Wraith since they couldn't leave the Pegasus. With us providing them with a safe haven under our protection, it may alleviate the tension between us and gain their trust.
              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                That's a good point. That's precisely why I think Earth should work with these Asgard on their research.

Instead of abducting live subjects, we could give them all the information on human physiology and genetics and let them go nuts with it.

The fact that they chose to live in seclusion all these years is because of their fear of the Wraith since they couldn't leave the Pegasus. With us providing them with a safe haven under our protection, it may alleviate the tension between us and gain their trust.
                I agree...we should find them an uninhabited world...give them all the info on human genetics and broker another alliance with them. I WANT OUR LIITLE GREY FRIENDS BACK!

Comment

I do to. But they are all dead. These are not them.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

These Asgard did this because they felt they had no choice. Now, they may not care much for humans, but they definitely aren't xenophobes. They got the short end of the stick, and found a pretty effective way of eliminating their problem. Now, if wwe did give them at least part of the Asgard legacy, it would probably mean a great deal to them, seeing that they are the last of their kind. They aren't an evil race, just morality-deaf. they have great potential to become allies, especially if they learn what their "brothers" spent most of their existence doing (struggling to survive against the Replicators). Remember, they didn't go to Pegasus to become enemies with anyone. they went there to research. Unfortunately, they went at the wrong time and place, and were trapped there.

On a side note, it's interesting that the Wraith were at one point more advanced than the Asgard race. If they hadn't stagnated, they could have been even more powerful.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I don't know if it indicated that the Wraith were more technologically advanced than the Asgard. Just that they destroyed their ships. With their history of numerical complete superiority in the face of superior technology, it seems conceivable they could do this while being far less advanced in space-faring vessels.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It doesn't matter to me what the circumstances of their predicament are. If they screw with us again, I say we zap 'em with the BEAMS 'O DEATH!!! These aren't OUR little gray buddies. I don't care what their names are, they should be dealt with, post haste.

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
                          It doesn't matter to me what the circumstances of their predicament are. If they screw with us again, I say we zap 'em with the BEAMS 'O DEATH!!! These aren't OUR little gray buddies. I don't care what their names are, they should be dealt with, post haste.
                          However, it would be in Atlantis' best interest to not have to fight two enemies, especially now that Todd knows where Atlantis is. So it's better for them to try to resolve this dispute through diplomatic means. That way they can not only possibly come up with a solution that will get the Asgard off their back to some degree, (without knowing where they are all coming from its impossible to ever completely deal with them and since they don't have a homeworld any longer Atlantis may never find a fixed location that they can attack to end it) but they might even get them to agree to help them fight the Wraith given enough time. Maybe not as allies, but in a limited enemy of my enemy sort of way. If Atlantis can ever find and unite enough of advanced populations in an alliance against the Wraith, the Asgard would an asset and might agree to use some of their ships against the Wraith if it looks promising enough to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X