Anyone Dissapointed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Dissapointed?

Ok, so I know it was only one episode, and the Asgard are back in it, but was anyone expecting more that what we were actually given? The way it all ended was far too quick too, the Asgard either left or died, one or the other, though those that died will no doubt be cloned again, and given their respective memories back.

Just seems to suck. I doubt we'll see these guys again (unless they're the ones in Enemy at the Gate), though I doubt this much. In addition, I can't see why the Wraith are such a thread to the Asgard. Taking into account that a bunch of 'primitive' Humans have taken out Hive Ships, the Asgard shouldn't have any problem.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Very. Sheppard and the Travelers SHOULD have been killed VERY swiftly. The Traveler ship should have stood NO chance against these Asgard, not matter how deprecated they are.

Comment

I agree, the episode was Crap!
      Glad the show is ending...

Comment

Disappointed...hmmmmm/......I would say that's the understatement of the century!
        sigpic

Comment

No!
          Last edited by Briangate78; 11 October 2008, 12:17 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I believe the 2 asgard ships were destroyed in order to create a diversion for the third ship to leave. I have a feeling that even these lesser asgard have the ability to reap havoc if they want to...i mean they have the ability to pass through ancient shields..if they felt like, they could have destroyed atlantis after kidnapping Daniel and McKay....

Comment

These aren't the same asgard as we are used to. It's like comparing the Tauri to one of the transplanted humans in the Milky Way. They originated the same place, but after thousands of years, they will grow in their own ways.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Disappointed...hmmmmm/......I would say that's the understatement of the century!

It seems inevitable in Stargate (and other franchises) that over time the enemy will become more idiotic and weaker. Yet this happened to the LT Asgard by their second episode.

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                These aren't the same asgard as we are used to. It's like comparing the Tauri to one of the transplanted humans in the Milky Way. They originated the same place, but after thousands of years, they will grow in their own ways.
                But they still have a 100,000 years of civilization behind them, or so they say. One Traveler ship, manned by a people who have at most been space faring for a few thousand years, should be no match for an Asgard ship of similar size. That two Asgard ships were destroyed by one Traveler ship is ridiculous. The fact that the Asgard were defeated so easily is degrading to their image, and I truly hope that we don't see them again lest they should be made even more of a pushover.

Comment

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
                  I believe the 2 asgard ships were destroyed in order to create a diversion for the third ship to leave. I have a feeling that even these lesser asgard have the ability to reap havoc if they want to...i mean they have the ability to pass through ancient shields..if they felt like, they could have destroyed atlantis after kidnapping Daniel and McKay....
                  We saw in TLT that the ship got away on its own without help from the other Asgard ships. Sacrificing ships and manpower in that way would be just demented.

Comment

Actually yes, I can name at least 5 stand-alone unimportant eps that were imo better than this 2-parter. Which is a shame, because I was expecting a lot from this - especially with Shanks coming....

I guess this ep just had too much stuff that I -don´t- want to see (Keller/Ronon, Travelers, Wallpaper Teyla and Zelenka, and few odd scenes and plotholes)
                    .:.
                    My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

I was slightly disapointed tbh, would have liked more on the asgard and perhaps a flashback of janus or something would have been a nice addition IMO

All said, was nice see the asgard back hopefully not for the last time!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                        We saw in TLT that the ship got away on its own without help from the other Asgard ships. Sacrificing ships and manpower in that way would be just demented.
                        As would fit for a race that's been isolated for 10000 yrs...i doubt these asgard would care about dying battle as they can simply be re-cloned...as for the ships..i was trying to find some logic to help explain why they were destroyed...i mean thats the only logical explanation i could come up with... the asgard said himself that they couldnt build ships anymore, so why didnt those other ships just leave the battle?

Comment

I thought this episode was alright.

I can see why this race of the Asgard were primitive, for 100,000 years they were "stuck" in a radioactive planet hiding from the Wraith, that must have stunned growth (no pun intended) technologically, whereas the Asgard we know, spreaded out, develop new technology, this race of Asgard didn't as they couldn't or else be killed by the Wraith.

Comment

The more I think about this episode the clearer it becomes to me what a half-arsed episode it really was. None of the storylines were resolved in a satisfying manner, the whole story itself was riddled with plotholes and continuity errors. The fact that the SGA team wasn't even interested in forming an alliance with Loki's Children angers and baffles me. I simply don't get it. What happened? Didn't have enough time to write a decent two parter? In that case, why didn't he have a co-writer or why didn't they just push the two parter a bit further back? The first episode held so much promise and then it all went downhill again with part two....like most of the time in SGA. Two parters in the world of SGA are made to dissapoint (The Storm/The Eye being the sole exception of the rule).
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                              But they still have a 100,000 years of civilization behind them, or so they say. One Traveler ship, manned by a people who have at most been space faring for a few thousand years, should be no match for an Asgard ship of similar size. That two Asgard ships were destroyed by one Traveler ship is ridiculous. The fact that the Asgard were defeated so easily is degrading to their image, and I truly hope that we don't see them again lest they should be made even more of a pushover.
                              That means nothing, look at Earth. We have no idea how the Travelers got to where their current ship technology is at. These Asgard hid, those Travelers could've been out finding alien technology that they adapted to meet their needs (they are traders, afterall) or they could've had help. Maybe Humans fought alongside the Ancients in the war and the Ancients helped to upgrade their technology. We don't know.

Plus, time alone has never determined advancement. It depends on what you choose to focus on, (clearly, the Asgard were dealing with cloning problems for more than 30,000 years) what setbacks you face, (i.e. Earth's dark age) the motivations you're presented to, (conflict produces leaps in technology and the Travelers had plenty of conflict to inspire them) the amount of resources you have, (i.e. larger populations are going to produce more breakthroughs than limited populations) and your exposure to other civilizations and their ideas/technology. We've seen all of this repeatedly in both our real world history and in Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                              X