Anyone else love those hyperdrives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else love those hyperdrives?

I thought these asgard hyperdrives are some of the coolestwe have seen. They form windows in atmosphere right over the ocean and right in between them and the travellers ships as they were about to collide.
    sigpic

I actually think they were an ancient design

Comment

They were okay - didn't the Asgard say their intergalactic ships had been destroyed, suggesting these probably can't manage that?

Plus we're seen Goauld transport ships take an asteroid through earth...Bruce Willis could have done with that
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Mardius View Post
        I actually think they were an ancient design
        Based on what?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
          I thought these asgard hyperdrives are some of the coolestwe have seen. They form windows in atmosphere right over the ocean and right in between them and the travellers ships as they were about to collide.
          I don't think that the Asgard's hyperdrives are better than ours, they're probably worse since they've had no need for intergalactic travel in thousands of years. It's just how they use them. Because we opened an intra-atmospheric hyperspace window with an x-302.

That was pretty cool how they actually used the hyperdrive capabilities tactically. Reminds me of BSG when they'd make intra-atmospheric jumps with the FTL drives in Raptors. Brings a deeper element to plots then ships simply appearing near the planet or in orbit.

I'd kill to see the Daedalus drop out of hyperspace close to a planet's surface and just start going crazy with weapons. It'd be the best way to circumvent shields too, appearing and attacking so fast that the enemy wouldn't be alerted and couldn't raise shields or weapons in time.

Comment

i also really liked the hyperdrives, they reminded me of the covenants use of slipspace windows in which they can be very accurate as to where they come out and they can arrive in-system.

KEEP IT CLEAN
            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I loved the bit where they jumped into hyperspace just as they were about to hit the travellers. I don't think this shows that they have flash hyperdrive technology though, it just looked cool.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                Based on what?
                because 1. they dont match previous seen Asgard design style 2. they passred right through Atlantis's shields and 3. they resemble really really big Puddle Jumpers

Comment

Working...
                X