X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hud...

i like to state something

Spoiler:
    The heads up display in those asgard suits look SO MUCH better than Iron mans HUD

ok now discuss!,

I actually thought they were quite similiar, which was pretty neat. Having saw Iron Man a few hours before seeing this episode, I could easily make the connection.

The overall movement of the screens was quite similiar, as was the angle of display (though that should be so anyways).

McKay's HUD:
    Spoiler:

If you watch that scene, the displays have multiple layers (the display about the attero device goes back slightly and is replaced by other information). From what I can see, the right-side of the display (from user perspective) provides information on what the user is looking at while the left-side (those circle things that look like mini-Stargates) provides constant data on a fixed subject (probably suit statistics).

Here's the Iron Man HUD for comparison:
    Spoiler:

Comment

The simularities between Anthony Edward Stark (Iron Man) and Rodney McKay is this episode is undeniable

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
        The simularities between Anthony Edward Stark (Iron Man) and Rodney McKay is this episode is undeniable
        He needs a moustache though.

Comment

What I find funny is that everyone, including the production staff for this episode, have been making such a big deal about the in-helmet shots of Ironman when anime have doing the same thing for years, and by 2001: A Space Odyssey (ironically enough, during the movie's Stargate sequence) perhaps even before that.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

what kind of big deals about the inhelmet shots?

Comment

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
              what kind of big deals about the inhelmet shots?
              "One of the issues that came up was how do you photograph people wearing these suits that, except for their voices, the audience won't be able to see who's inside them. That could be kind of boring just looking at one inanimate suit basically looking at another one. So we're taking a page from the movie 'Iron Man' and thinking about filming really tight close-ups of the actors from an inside-helmet point of view and maybe adding some reflections and layers without getting as complex as they did in 'Iron Man.' So there are lots of little details to think about, but, again, the scripts are fantastic and will be a blast to shoot. It's also a treat having Michael Shanks back and I'm very much looking forward to working with him again."
              -Director Andy Mikita, in an interview with Newsarama

That is the passage that was on my mind when I wrote my previous post. It can be found at the bottom of the page here.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

You can't fathom how boring that makes a few seconds shot sound.
                Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                  "One of the issues that came up was how do you photograph people wearing these suits that, except for their voices, the audience won't be able to see who's inside them. That could be kind of boring just looking at one inanimate suit basically looking at another one. So we're taking a page from the movie 'Iron Man' and thinking about filming really tight close-ups of the actors from an inside-helmet point of view and maybe adding some reflections and layers without getting as complex as they did in 'Iron Man.' So there are lots of little details to think about, but, again, the scripts are fantastic and will be a blast to shoot. It's also a treat having Michael Shanks back and I'm very much looking forward to working with him again."
                  -Director Andy Mikita, in an interview with Newsarama

That is the passage that was on my mind when I wrote my previous post. It can be found at the bottom of the page here.
                  thanks thats a good read!

Comment

Working...
                  X