Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With revelations in "The Lost Tribe," will we...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With revelations in "The Lost Tribe," will we...

(SPOILERS for "THE LOST TRIBE")
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    see more lost tribes of Asgard scattered about the universe in "Stargate Universe"?

I hope so. But I would be more happy, if Asgard v2.0 get the Asgard Core and they save Thor and his buddies. Maybe they can download them to new bodies.

Maybe they could show us their drones too, what will be used in the Stargate : Worlds game.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wouldn't let them ANYWHERE near the core! Who knows what they'd make from it! I mean like when Merrick created the Replicators who knows what kind of monster they'd make to rid themselves of Earth.

Vala,

Comment

I was thinking...

What if other Asgard out in the cosmos who were lost like the group in SGA, but they are a bit farther in their research? In other words, what if there is a group out there that is somewhat recognizable as Asgard, but they have already taken some new steps with their DNA and began alterations, however that has created a new series of problems? So they end up having to take more genetic material in order to sustain themselves.

Just a thought...

Comment

I don't think so
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

SGU needs to avoid using any known races from Atlantis or SG-1 as a main race, either bad or good. Especially right at the beginning, when it'll be the most important time for SGU to make itself different than Atlantis or SG-1. If they start reusing characters and races from previous series as main characters/plot devices then everyone will be screaming that the writers can't come up with any original ideas.

So please...no former races that we've seen a thousand times before or characters who were leads on SG-1 or Atlantis moving to SGU. I like Rodney and Jackson just fine on Atlantis and SG-1...if they move known characters/races to SGU and reuse races like the Replicators, Wraith, or Asgard, and reuse characters who have already been lead characters on one series...then what's the point of making a new series?

The only way I could see a lead character/race appearing in SGU, is if its a case like Rodney, where he was only in a few episodes of SG-1 so he didn't seem overused. Or maybe a case like ST:TNG/DS9 - where they come up with a believable excuse for having a character come over (O'brien wanted the change because he felt needed on DS9, even accepting being demoted in rank). I hope they don't just put a favorite lead character on SGU just to say "hey look, its so and so from SG-1."

I could be wrong about this, but if I were the writers, that's the angle I would take. I would want to differentiate the series from SG-1 or Atlantis before introducing known characters or races as primary plot devices.
            That is just my two cents.

Comment

Nah you won't
              Tst

Comment

For all we know the Asgard in our local group are the lost tribe, there could be billions of worlds filled with trillions of asgard on each. Some may even have genetails still

Point is we dont know enough about the form or distribution of life in the universe to guess

Comment

Originally posted by JThunder101 View Post
                  I was thinking...

What if other Asgard out in the cosmos who were lost like the group in SGA, but they are a bit farther in their research?
                  If they ran into Asgard that were equally or more advanced than the Asgard High Council, then they could simply ask them to give them a ride home to the Milky Way.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

as much as i did like the episode, i think it would have made things alot more interesting if they would have introduced these asgard in there original form before they started cloning.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                      as much as i did like the episode, i think it would have made things alot more interesting if they would have introduced these asgard in there original form before they started cloning.
                      Then they'd just look like people. And if they were similar to people a lot of the plot points would have been lost--like Daniel's outrage that they experimented on humans to perfect their cloning.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        Then they'd just look like people. And if they were similar to people a lot of the plot points would have been lost--like Daniel's outrage that they experimented on humans to perfect their cloning.
                        good point..

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                          good point..
                          They (the writers) probably would have came up with something that'll get Daniel angry!

wouldn't take much thought anyways lol

Comment

Personally I wouldn;t put it past these writers. But for god sack, aren;t we getting a little tired of the Asgard and the Ancients
                            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                              SGU needs to avoid using any known races from Atlantis or SG-1 as a main race, either bad or good. Especially right at the beginning, when it'll be the most important time for SGU to make itself different than Atlantis or SG-1. If they start reusing characters and races from previous series as main characters/plot devices then everyone will be screaming that the writers can't come up with any original ideas.

So please...no former races that we've seen a thousand times before or characters who were leads on SG-1 or Atlantis moving to SGU. I like Rodney and Jackson just fine on Atlantis and SG-1...if they move known characters/races to SGU and reuse races like the Replicators, Wraith, or Asgard, and reuse characters who have already been lead characters on one series...then what's the point of making a new series?

The only way I could see a lead character/race appearing in SGU, is if its a case like Rodney, where he was only in a few episodes of SG-1 so he didn't seem overused. Or maybe a case like ST:TNG/DS9 - where they come up with a believable excuse for having a character come over (O'brien wanted the change because he felt needed on DS9, even accepting being demoted in rank). I hope they don't just put a favorite lead character on SGU just to say "hey look, its so and so from SG-1."

I could be wrong about this, but if I were the writers, that's the angle I would take. I would want to differentiate the series from SG-1 or Atlantis before introducing known characters or races as primary plot devices.
                              I agree that they shouldn't use any former races at the beginning. They need to create a unique image for themselves; like you said.

But when they do use old races from SGA and SG1, I'd like to see Asgard as antagonists. They aren't necessarily evil, but their intentions are clearly immoral; like we saw in the last episode of SGA. I think the mistake TPTB made with the Ori was they made the story to black and white. SGC = good and Ori/Alterens = evil. With the Asgard there might be a little more grey area. We sympathize with them because they are trying to survive, but at the same time they try to survive at the expense of human life which creates the conflict. I don't think the rest of the SGA season is time enough to fully take advantage of these interesting characters properly.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                              -Dow ad

Comment

Working...
                              X