Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

absolutely ridiculous!! (lost tribe spoiler warning!!!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely ridiculous!! (lost tribe spoiler warning!!!!!!!)

the thing i thought was absolutely ridiculous was that the asgards could not find any planet in the pegasus galaxy that they could hide on. i mean the wraith only have after all of their fighting like 60 maybe 50 hives. they cant be everywhere at once. all they have to do is find an unpopulated world far far away from any populated world and the wraith wont be a problem.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

If the wraith ever found out the location of their planet they would annihilate it from orbit, it had to be somewhere that could not naturally sustain life, therefore flying under the radar of the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      the thing i thought was absolutely ridiculous was that the asgards could not find any planet in the pegasus galaxy that they could hide on. i mean the wraith only have after all of their fighting like 60 maybe 50 hives. they cant be everywhere at once. all they have to do is find an unpopulated world far far away from any populated world and the wraith wont be a problem.
      I agree it seemed very stupid considering what we know about the people of the pegasus galaxy. With their level of technology they could colonize a dead world or rogue planet. They could core out the center and live below the surface. Getting in and out wouldn't be a problem they are already masters of creating hyperspace windows inside the atmospheres of planets. Holy hell If they Genii can do it on a world that gets culled the Asgard can do it anywhere.

Comment

For all we know they are living underground on their current planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadji View Post
          For all we know they are living underground on their current planet.
          They said the atmosphere was toxic. Above ground = atmosphere. Below ground = bunker /w life support, air lock etc.

Comment

I think your underestimating with that figure of 50-60 wraith hives.

And i think it is more of a feeling that with the wraith around, they are never safe. Yea they could go for maybe 20 years flying below the radar but then the wraith could find out and get them. Or perhaps their equipment gives off energy signatures that the wraith can pick up. who knows?

but with the wraith around, they are never truly safe. they have to devote effort to building weapons and ships which take away from research.
            Spoiler:

Comment

And let's not forget, these Asgard had to make due with whatever technology they could build and have far less advanced ships and weapons than they did when they first came to Pegasus.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                I think your underestimating with that figure of 50-60 wraith hives.

And i think it is more of a feeling that with the wraith around, they are never safe. Yea they could go for maybe 20 years flying below the radar but then the wraith could find out and get them. Or perhaps their equipment gives off energy signatures that the wraith can pick up. who knows?

but with the wraith around, they are never truly safe. they have to devote effort to building weapons and ships which take away from research.

yeah but the wraith didint know where atlantis was untill we screwed that up by bringing todd. and if atlantis could remain undetected so could the asgard i mean they could build an underground bunker complex and the wraith would never know they were there if for some reason they just stopped by. and their ships could easily just jump into hyperspace if a wraith ship approaches them and since the wraith cant track ships in hyperspace, they could go back to their planet undetected.

also they could also just use the gate to capture humans for experimentation instead of ships. i mean their suits would be more than a match for the simple humans of the pg. as well as any wraith they encounter.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

50 or 60 hives? yeah okay. there are a lot more then that. there is no way that the wraith could have won a war with a little over 100 (taking in the fact of hives being destroyed in the civil war)..../sigh w.e

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSeven View Post
                    50 or 60 hives? yeah okay. there are a lot more then that. there is no way that the wraith could have won a war with a little over 100 (taking in the fact of hives being destroyed in the civil war)..../sigh w.e

um their used to be 81 but there were many destroyed since then so im guessing that there are around maybe 60 or possibly 50.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                      They said the atmosphere was toxic. Above ground = atmosphere. Below ground = bunker /w life support, air lock etc.
                      I am sure the Asgard buildings on that planet have life support, air lock etc also. They don't all hang out in the toxic atmosphere.

These buildings may venture underground and have a series of levels.

The problem is the atmosphere which means there must be something on the surface but it does not mean there is nothing underground

Comment

We'rent you listening in the first season? They said their is atleast 60 hives in their QUADRANT of the galaxy, noone knows how many their are in the other spots. Which means they CAN be everywhere in the galazy basically.

These are rogue asguards, no where near as many or enough materials to build great technology, they live with what they have. Changing planets each time a wraith shows up their, will cause many loss of lives, great deal of time wasted AND resources being used up.

VeHQ.NET

Comment

They don't have cloaking technology so they couldn't hide period.

If one Wrath picked up on that location then it would've been overrun as quickly as the word would get out about it.
                          " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                          - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

I am more ashamed how they got there ass kicked by the travelers... The asgard beat by a race with the tech level much like ours without there help. They defeated 2-3 ships...With 1 ship thats engine room was like run by a 15 year old girl ...ohh wait a 15 year old girl did run it...
                            If those ships where ancient that would sure shame ancient tech.
                            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                            Anime signature in spoiler tag
                            Spoiler:
                            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              yeah but the wraith didint know where atlantis was untill we screwed that up by bringing todd. and if atlantis could remain undetected so could the asgard i mean they could build an underground bunker complex and the wraith would never know they were there if for some reason they just stopped by. and their ships could easily just jump into hyperspace if a wraith ship approaches them and since the wraith cant track ships in hyperspace, they could go back to their planet undetected.

also they could also just use the gate to capture humans for experimentation instead of ships. i mean their suits would be more than a match for the simple humans of the pg. as well as any wraith they encounter.
                              But the simple fact is that with the wraith still alive, they will always pose a threat. Even in season 1 of SGA there was always a threat that atlantis would be discovered and the wraith would come and blow it up. that same threat would also be present if the asgard tried to hid anywhere in PG. That is why they want to kill the wraith, they dont want to ever have to worry about being discovered ever. Research in peace with absolutely no threat whatsoever from the wraith.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X