Auxiliary Control Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auxiliary Control Center

When the command center was smashed by the Stargate exploding, why didn't everyone proceed to the auxiliary control center instead of creating their own? Did the writers forget about this?

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    When the command center was smashed by the Stargate exploding, why didn't everyone proceed to the auxiliary control center instead of creating their own? Did the writers forget about this?
    From what I recall it was quite small, so maybe they wanted a area where everyone could work.

Comment

Looks big enough to me.

Comment

oh thats alot bigger then I was picturing it in my mind, guess i've reached that age already. I was kinda expecting them to head down there, kinda sad they didnt.

Thanks for the Screen Cap btw

Comment

Isnt that picture from "The Tower", in other words maybe Atlantis didnt have one...
          Spoiler:

Comment

a bigger question is wether or not they are going to put everything back the way it was because i hope they do. i like the way the control room is. i love that ancienty feel to it and i hope they keep it.

and i doubt that they would make every one of their cityships exactly identical. similar yes but not identical so its possible that atlantis lacks an auxiliary control center because if it did have one then the replicators would have used it instead of making their own in the episode the return. afterall they do strive for efficiency.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
              Isnt that picture from "The Tower", in other words maybe Atlantis didnt have one...
              But how would he know where it was if there wasnt one on atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                a bigger question is wether or not they are going to put everything back the way it was because i hope they do. i like the way the control room is. i love that ancienty feel to it and i hope they keep it.
                well seriously now, that room was very cloudy and smokey and it was impossible to tell anything in there. It could have been any atlantis set, they may have not even touched the gateroom in this episode. Every characters personal quarters and the infirmary use the exact same set so its not impossible to think that they used an alternate set to film that seqence aswell

Originally posted by NIKIN View Post
                But how would he know where it was if there wasnt one on atlantis
                Cmon, its Rodney! He knows where control centers are on Hive ships, and there isnt one of those on atlantis
                Spoiler:

Comment

Perhaps the auxillary control centre was one of the parts of the city that was irrepairably damaged when the city was flooded with water, and so therefore couldn't have been used.

Comment

I hear size dosent matter...

Comment

We've seen the same set used for Atlantis's auxiliary control center. I can't remember which episode it was, so I used a screen capture from "The Tower" instead.

Comment

We've seen the same set used for Atlantis's auxiliary control center. I can't remember which episode it was, so I used a screen capture from "The Tower" instead.
                        I don't think we've seen an auxiliary control room in Atlantis, although the same set has been used as Lantean battleships before.

As for why it wasn't featured in "Lost Tribe"... for all we know, it was flooded in season 1... or, maybe it was used for spares by the Replicators in season 3, the last time the Atlantis control room got blown up! It would explain how they repaired the damage so quickly in that episode!
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I forgot about that, but to be fair, we hav never seen that room in Atlantis. Maybe the city in "The Tower" only had that aux. control room.

A possible real world explanation is that is the same set as the Aurora class ship bridge and maybe that set wasn't available.

Vala,

Comment

Well maybe the writers just forgot... I did
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Probably because it’s the same set as Janus’ lab and they couldn’t redress the set

Comment

Working...
                              X