Atlantis has raised the bar yet again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis has raised the bar yet again!!

This episode delivered as promised. A++++! I think it was the best Mid-season premiere we have seen for the series. Just like all the other ones they had lots of action and great special effects.

This episode raised the bar because it connected SG-1 plot to SGA. Basically, The Asgard are still around and they are not this same race that Daniel and SG-1 has encountered. I think it really gave more depth to the show by putting in these rougue Asgard. They are neither enemy or Ally, they are just neutral to Atlantis. It really stinks this show is ending. There is so much more opportunity here. BTW, one ship did get away so they are still out there. I am hoping they will pop up again before the show ends. Maybe perhaps in the movie. The episode had so much going on with it. You had the drama tension between Sheppard and Todd. That scene was very well done when he is about to feed on Woolsey. This episode basically left a lot of things open and left a lot of opportunities for future seasons. Don't forget that Mikey is likely still out there. WHY DID THEY CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!
    sigpic

YES!!! I would even venture to sat that this and first Contact have been the best shows for Atlantis. I really felt like I was watching a stargate show. this ep was just awesome. I loved the Rodney and Daniel bantering, Shep was great, and even keller didn't get on my nerves. I truly hope they bring this race back, there is as you said, so much potential for this show. Too bad they waited till the last season to cancel it.

Comment

I agree right when the show has the potential to explode it gets cut off.

Comment

I think compared to the last ep it was actually pretty poor, the writing for Ronon was particularly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          This episode delivered as promised. A++++! I think it was the best Mid-season premiere we have seen for the series. Just like all the other ones they had lots of action and great special effects.

This episode raised the bar because it connected SG-1 plot to SGA. Basically, The Asgard are still around and they are not this same race that Daniel and SG-1 has encountered. I think it really gave more depth to the show by putting in these rougue Asgard. They are neither enemy or Ally, they are just neutral to Atlantis. It really stinks this show is ending. There is so much more opportunity here. BTW, one ship did get away so they are still out there. I am hoping they will pop up again before the show ends. Maybe perhaps in the movie. The episode had so much going on with it. You had the drama tension between Sheppard and Todd. That scene was very well done when he is about to feed on Woolsey. This episode basically left a lot of things open and left a lot of opportunities for future seasons. Don't forget that Mikey is likely still out there. WHY DID THEY CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!
          The 3 day old sushi bar?

The good parts was Daniel and the Pggy Asgard. Liked the PA and how his view of nobility getting you nowhere. I can relate to that. LOL.

Todd, was actually better than all of SGA-1 combined. Todd rocked!!

The bad:

Sheppard running around acting like had bad case of constipation. Ronon/Keller was just weak, redundant and poorly executed. Rodney seemed to whine too much. Though I do like DH's timing with MS. They do play well off each other. Teyla was degraded to city babysitter. The travelers was just bad and redundant. More of a plot device than anything else.

WTF happened to caldwell? Did I miss something? Did he die? I thought he was commander of the ship...woosley seemed to be doing that job.

It certainly used enough plot devices, a major plot hole and was over all rushed.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I think compared to the last ep it was actually pretty poor, the writing for Ronon was particularly bad.
          I thought Ronon seemed to have gotten dumber as well. Keller became awfully whiny in it.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            How was the writing bad? Oh sorry that is your opinion. I thought he was written the way Ronon should be written.
            sigpic

Comment

I would wager Mitch Pleggi's schedule prevented him from appearing in both episodes
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder what Atlantis would have been like if the cast from SG-1 was transplanted there.

Anyway, the next episode looks like the same old boring Atlantis in some skanky little village. But maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

How was the writing bad? Oh sorry that is your opinion. I thought he was written the way Ronon should be written.
                  The thing most springs to mind is his reaction to Keller's knock back, he acted like a 14 year old boy, and an immature one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                    I wonder what Atlantis would have been like if the cast from SG-1 was transplanted there.

Anyway, the next episode looks like the same old boring Atlantis in some skanky little village. But maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.
                    Next week's episode looks very interesting actually.
                    sigpic

Comment

"First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe" were two really great episodes. I am amazed at how strong this final season of Atlantis has been thus far.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe" were two really great episodes. I am amazed at how strong this final season of Atlantis has been thus far.
                        Yup, The Asgard part basically sold this episode to me. I am glad they are still alive, but I was hoping they were not evil. Well they are not, they are just trying to preserve their race, but have the wrong way with trying to do that.

I loved how they tied in SG-1 with SGA. Just Brilliant. That is raising the bar. Whether people did not like Keller or Ronon, or how Teyla was left to lead Atlantis and whatnot is something different. It is when the show does something out of the oridnary and does something fans least expect. This was that episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm, but I think you might be suffering from after-episode high. While I agree that it was a strong, strong episode and seriously makes me upset that the show was canned, I don't think that it's the strongest mid-season premiere ever. I think that still goes to "The Eye," in my opinion of course.

Had the show not been canceled, I would love to see where they could take this Asgard angle. I was really paying attention to the main Asgard dude, and he had a point about the other Asgard being dead while they were still alive. Still, our Asgard chose to die as who they were rather than survive as something they weren't. I admire that.

Again, I thought it was a strong episode, but there were some things that didn't make sense to me that kind of put a dampener on things. I find it difficult to believe that a Traveler ship beat an Asgard ship. That means that we should watch out for them since all our tech is Asgard. Granted, these are different Asgard. Another thing is that the main Asgard dude seemed to imply that the Asgard knew of the war between the Ancients and the Wraith. If that is so, why did the Asgard not offer assistance as per the Alliance of the Four Races? Especially when the Ancients got bushwhacked? Where was Caldwell? A simple line about him being injured could have explained Mitch's absence. Why didn't Daniel offer primary Asgard dude a third alternative? The Milky Way has planets that they could settle on without the threat of the Wraith. No experimenting on human beings would have to be a proviso that they might reject, but at least make the offer.

To end on a positive note, I like how they used a solution from SG-1's book on saving the day in the end. Anyone remember sending an asteroid through Earth via hyperspace window?

Comment

I, ahem, watched this episode and liked it. Stuff blows up. Always good.
                            Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Rodney seemed to whine too much.
                              What does that even mean? He didn't act like a 6 six year old if that's what your saying, he acted like himself, I don't get why people say some characters whine to much, i don't even see any whining ever! (exept when ronan didn't want to go to lunch with keller b/c he'd rather have a hissy-fit

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X