Atlantis Makes SG-1 Retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Makes SG-1 Retarded

Not going to rehash how stupid Carter became after joining the Expedition, this is about Daniel...

HOW TO SOLVE GALAXY-WIDE ANNIHILATION:

Lost Asgard: We needed to destroy the Wraith in order to start a new settlement in peace. Humans be damned too.

: Well we do possess several Battle Cruisers that are equipped with intergalactic hyperdrives designed by your cousins, not to mention an intergalactic Stargate... And Your home galaxy, Ida is currently unpopulated since the Milky Way/Ida Asgard died off.

Lost Asgard: Really? Okay, you can shut down the Atero Device, just drop us back home.

: Will do!
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Not going to rehash how stupid Carter became after joining the Expedition, this is about Daniel...

Lost Asgard: We needed to destroy the Wraith in order to start a new settlement in peace. Humans be damned too.

: Well we do possess several Battle Cruisers that are equipped with intergalactic hyperdrives designed by your cousins, not to mention an intergalactic Stargate... And Your home galaxy, Ida is currently unpopulated since the Milky Way/Ida Asgard died off.

Lost Asgard: Really? Okay, you can shut down the Atero Device, just drop us back home.

Lost Asgard: Oh yea will you let us continue our experiments on your kind?

: No.

Lost Asgard: Then no thanks well fight it out here.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
      Lost Asgard: Oh yea will you let us continue our experiments on your kind?

: No.

Lost Asgard: Then no thanks well fight it out here.
      Both good points.

Comment

The Ida galaxy was mostly consumed by the Replicators. Orilla was the last planet in that galaxy that had neutronium.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
          Both good points.
          Yeah, they are.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yeah, they are.
            Yes they were. Very rare on these boards.

However the first was assuming Daniel knew he was arguing with Asgard who held the same moral integrity of the ones we know.
            But even then he could have said that.

The second one, I think, would not have been a rational one on the Asgards' part.

They could easily have been far better off with the humans on their side... at least until they rebuilt their civilization... than if they were enemies.

Comment

Maybe the Asgard just wanted to get ride of the Wraith? The Wraith have made their life hell for 10,000 years and would also be a threat. They probably thought its best to get them out of the way.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I also wondered why Jackson didn't delve a little further into our relationship with the Asgard. The fact that the MW Asgard left us ALL of their knowledge, along with their shield, beaming, and hyperdrive technology. And the fact that we ourselves saved the Asgard countless times. You'd think that might buy us some brownie points.

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                The Ida galaxy was mostly consumed by the Replicators. Orilla was the last planet in that galaxy that had neutronium.
                Who is to say that these Asgard need neutronium? Considering that they lived on a planet not for its resources but for its toxic environment. I'm sure that they'd take a galaxy full of planets with whatever resources they might contain over a toxic wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                  I also wondered why Jackson didn't delve a little further into our relationship with the Asgard. The fact that the MW Asgard left us ALL of their knowledge, along with their shield, beaming, and hyperdrive technology. And the fact that we ourselves saved the Asgard countless times. You'd think that might buy us some brownie points.
                  Well going too deep into detail may have been overly risky (Lost Asgard + Asgard High Council Tech = Biggest threat yet!) if they decided to steal it, or claim it as their birthright.

But Daniel should have had a lot of arguing points:
                  • Your Asgard Brothers Named a Ship After Me
                  • Your Asgard Brothers Entrusted Me & My Teammates with Their Historical Legacy
                  • Your Asgard Brothers Entered Us into the Great Alliance
                  • Together We and Your Asgard Brothers Conquered Three Oppressive Superpower Races much like the Wraith
                  • You Respected the Ancients, I Ascended and lived among them recently
                  • There are also Ancients and Nox that I'd count among my friends
                  • You may have been monitoring the events of Pegasus these past few years... You'll see that every race that's crossed us have payed dearly for it, all of our battles have been decisive victories.
                  • Our forces have have the most powerful Asgard High Council & Lantean Technologies integrated into them.

Who is to say that these Asgard need neutronium? Considering that they lived on a planet not for its resources but for its toxic environment. I'm sure that they'd take a galaxy full of planets with whatever resources they might contain over a toxic wasteland.
                  Good point!
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

These are great points. I will raise one thing we might want to keep in mind: did you get the feeling that the Dark Asgard didn't have much respect for the good Asgards? The leader kept stressing that the other Asgards weren't around anymore. So I don't know that mentioning the Asgard naming a ship after Daniel or any of the other stuff would have generated any brownie points. He'd have just been all like "Yeah, but where did that get them? Huh? Oh, and consider yourself pwned!"
                    “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                    ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

See, they shoulda sent O'neill. I mean, he did impress the heck out of OUR Asgard buddies.
                      sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Maybe the reason why they got their butts kicked so hard by the Travelers was because they didn't have neutronium. Plus it's not just a new planet they need, they need humans to experiment on. They went to the Pegasus galaxy because they wanted to experiment on humans to try to cure their condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
                          See, they shoulda sent O'neill. I mean, he did impress the heck out of OUR Asgard buddies.
                          I agree. Ripple in Space has a pont though. If these guys move back to Ida. There would be no reason to fight them at least for a few hundred years. You see these guys are amoral. Once they've had the time to rebuild their fleets who is to say they aren't going to go for galactic domination. Ends justify the means remember.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Do you expect these Asgard to take Daniel's word at face value? How would you feel if you were from an advanced species, learned that the others of your kind were killed and then that a band of humans apparently have Asgard technology? The Asgard leader already stated that he thought maybe the humans had something to do with the demise of the other Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                              I agree. Ripple in Space has a pont though. If these guys move back to Ida. There would be no reason to fight them at least for a few hundred years. You see these guys are amoral. Once they've had the time to rebuild their fleets who is to say they aren't going to go for galactic domination. Ends justify the means remember.
                              Thanks, and yeah I thought about that. The thing is... even say that it only takes the Dark Asgard 100 years to rebuild their fleet. In 100 years, the Tau'ri will be that much further into the Asgard & Lantean databases. We know that even without Carter & McKay (Earth's best & brightest), they'll have Mk. 9 Naq Generators in a few decades, powerful enough to power Atlantis' shield!

Also, that will mean 100 more years of Jaffa democracy & unity. That's not to mention that the Ori fleet is now a friend of Earth. So I think 100 years down the road, Earth & her allies will be well equipped to defend themselves.
                              sigpic
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X