This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening theme

would you rather a instrumental theme like sg1 and sga or something different with maybe lyrics and guitars drums ??? ..something more modern
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I'm hoping there's no real musical theme tune at all, I'd rather they made the title sequence more like the ones from Heroes or Lost.

Comment

I am not quite sure - something like Heroes, or Lost, with a muscial score (no lyrics) thrown in. Muscial scores & opening sequences seem to be the main-stay when it comes to STARGATE (that, & Joel Goldsmith does such a wonderful job when he composes for STARGATE - the soundtracks for Continuum & AoT are wonderful! ); so I am leaning more towards musical score ATM. Something a bit more modern & funky, whislt remainign true to the franchise/STARGATE theme would be nioce.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing then stick with an instrumental theme. I thought Joel Goldsmith took it up a level from the SG1 theme to the SGA theme. If he could do that again ... that would be great. I always love the theme on the menus of the SGA season 3 and 4 DVD boxsets with the looping video of highlights.

Comment

To me it wouldn't be Stargate if it didn't have an instrumental theme by Joel Goldsmith.

Comment

I think an Atlantis-like theme would suit SGU andi hope Joel Goldsmith keeps producing the music
            Tst

Comment

Definately instrumental music. I'd hate to have another Enterprise. Something that reminds people of space, like a touch of techno like the video game Mass Effects music.
              Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

I want to see another theme like SG1 and Atlantis.

Spoiler:

Comment

I'd like the instrumental version with something like a voice over at the beginning, we've never seen that before

Comment

Do we know for sure that Joel Goldsmith will still be doing SGU? I'm assuming yes but I havent heard anything. And please no singing. ha

Comment

I'd go for instrumental all the way. I think they are far more memorable to the viewer. Like, unless the theme song is a well known song it usually gets forgotten. Instrumentals seem to stick more and become Iconic...like the X-FIles theme or StarTrek people can hear that and go "Oh I know that" so I'd go with instrumental all the way live.
                      sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Orchestral, all the way. Preferably by Joel Goldsmith. That's the way I like my Stargate intros. They're just more memorable that way. Like Star Trek was.

Comment

I have to say Joel should stick with what he is good at and continue with the intros we have received in the past
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

personally i wouldn't mind a upbeat type opening like ST enterprise

these people are truly going into the unknown and i think a good heroic theme would do the series some good
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

like atlantis. like it better than SG1[seen it too many times].

it starts with:

Stargate:

Universe.

it warps, turns to a gate, we see the gate sequence, then the ship, and the actors

Comment

Working...
                              X