This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Musings

I've ben reading through alot of the threads about SGU and its been interesting. My interest in the show is starting to grow.

I was thinking about ways the producers and writers could shake things up, or evolve the show over its time on TV. One thing that came to mind was the question: "Could there be other Destiny-like ships seeding multiple galaxies at the same time?" Maybe the 9th Chevron isn't a gate address to just the Destiny, but to any of the seeder ships... assuming that the concept for the show makes room for multiple seeder ships.

I could see a season cliffhanger that involved this concept. The crew are racing the deadline to gate back to Destiny, and manage to gate to another seeder ship. So now they have to find a way to get back to their ship.

It would give the crew another place they could gate to once they discover that travel between seeder ships is possible, and this could help give them more reason to call the show 'Universe' because they would be traveling from ship to ship, literally jumping universes in the process.

The other thing I've been thinking about has to do with the cast. Alot of other posters have talked about the 'alien' characters. How can Universe have one if they are moving around so much? We would either have an all human cast, or have an alien character that would literally have to leave behind everything he/she has ever known. I was thinking what if the 'alien' character wasn't a living being, but the ships AI? They could even have the ship create an avatar of itself similar to Andromeda, but much more like Lotan from Scorched earth.

Thoughts?
Working...
X