This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny or Universe?

I heard from somewhere on the web that the new Stargate show has had its name changed from Stargate:Universe to Stargate: Destiny.

Can anyone confirm this for me or is it just a rumor.

I think that it would make more sense 4 it to be called Destiny,just because the name Universe is so broad.

It sounds like a good name 4 a game but not a show, LOL.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 09 October 2008, 12:53 PM.

i very much agree that destiny is a better name for the show but i think its just a rumor, where did you hear it from?
    Captain Simms

Comment

"Destiny" is just as broad of a word as "Universe" if you take it out of the context of it being the name of the ship (which new viewers that the producers are targeting to start watching Stargate won't necessarily know right off the bat). I prefer Universe, since it's not the name of the ship (kinda like ST:TNG and how it wasn't named "Enterprise-D").
      Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
      Breakdown Services Resume
      Facebook Page

Comment

See, my problem with "Stargate Universe" as the show's title is the semantics of confusion with "the Stargate Universe", as in speaking about things in the fictional series. Or maybe thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
          I heard from somewhere on the web that the new Stargate show has had its name changed from Stargate:Universe to Stargate: Destiny.

Can anyone confirm this for me or is it just a rumor.

I think that it would make more sense 4 it to be called Destiny,just because the name Universe is so broad.

It sounds like a good name 4 a game but not a show, LOL.
          dude where did you here this? Souce please?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            See, my problem with "Stargate Universe" as the show's title is the semantics of confusion with "the Stargate Universe", as in speaking about things in the fictional series. Or maybe thats just me.
            I have a problem with "Universe" as well, but my reason isn't quite the same. To me calling it "Stargate Universe" pretty much ends the franchise. There is no where else to go after the whole universe.
            Also, calling it "Universe" says to me the show is involves the whole Stargate universe, not just a few kids on a ship.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is now called "Stargate Destiny" from what I've heard about the show it fits better.

Comment

lol. Sure...go with SGD. It's awfully close to STD, and I could see a couple of those being passed around on the show.

I don't see them changing the name now. In all seriousness, I don't like the sound of Stargate: Destiny, but I'm not attached to the current one either.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Stargate Destiny would sound more realistic i always get confused between The Stargate Universe and Stargate Universe >.-
                Tst

Comment

SG: Destiny sounds a bit cheesy, IMO, but I also think it's better than "Universe" which is a little too generic for my tastes and, as has been pointed out, can easily encompass the whole franchise rather than a specific show. Plus Destiny makes a good marker. SG-1 referred to the team we followed. Atlantis referred to the location of the team. Universe... doesn't refer to anything specific. I always thought Universe was a placeholder title anyway. Kinda disappointed that we appear to be stuck with it.

Comment

I'm actually holding out hope that when we get some more details there might be a cool object (other than the Destiny) or some other concept that could contribute a better name, because I'm not especially taken with either Destiny or Universe. However, its the judging the book by its cover thing - I could live with Universe because what really interests me is the content of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                      dude where did you here this? Souce please?
                      I dont really know,but I think it was in the forum somewhere.

Comment

It should be universe cause "Destiny" may make people think the events in the show were pre-ordanded
                        C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                          It should be universe cause "Destiny" may make people think the events in the show were pre-ordanded
                          Destiny should be the name of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                            I dont really know,but I think it was in the forum somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Underground Wire View Post
                              Destiny should be the name of the ship.
                              It is the name of the ship...
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X