This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fourth person for the team

The SPOILERS say that SG-1 will likely become a 3-person team with Carter in command. I wish that TPTB would consider adding a new, young Lieutenant to the team, so we can watch their development throughout the season. It could be the catalyst to making Stargate SG-1 more of a fluid show, allowing characters come and go, without having to cancel it.

This formula works well with shows like "Law & Order" and "ER" and I see no reason why it couldn't work for SG-1. In real life military teams change...there's no reason to believe they can't make that work for SG-1. It worked with Jonas.

Of course we'll miss the old characters, but, assuming they're not killed off, there is hope to see them again. If the show is cancelled, we never will. I doubt it will happen, so all our hope now lies with Atlantis.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

I really think Jonas should come back, i totally miss his character. I want to see more Daniel and Jonas scenes!
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Jonas's return would be awesome! But I can't think of any good reason they could come up with to bring him back.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I like the idea of placing a new young officer with SG1.How about Satterfield,
        Grogan or Hailey?They've got the prev background onscreen in "Proving Ground",to explain their transferral.

Another way to make up the 4 ,might be to send another existing character,such as Dr. Lee,or Major Davis?

I wonder if the reason behind the PTB seemingly leaving SG1 as a 3 man team,is to let O'Neill go off-world whenever necessary?

Personally,I'd much prefer him to be SGC- based,like Gen. Hammond,as I can't see Carter getting full command with him around to Second-Guess any of her decisions!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          Jonas's return would be awesome! But I can't think of any good reason they could come up with to bring him back.
          Personal reasons. I figure he'll want to get away from Kelowna at some point, since his girlfriend was a Goa'uld and there's every chance the host won't ever want to see him again.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            Well, the writers are creative, haha... If Jonas does return, it better be Cormic Nemec, not a different actor.

Comment

Gah, it would have been interesting if the writers found a way to keep Jonas in SG-1, instead of making him go back to his planet.

Comment

That would be great if Jonas returned. If he did return, yes it would be interesting to see the approach upon how he made it back
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  That would be great if Jonas returned. If he did return, yes it would be interesting to see the approach upon how he made it back
                  Especially since he has a hot chick back on his own planet now...

Comment

I am still dissapointed that Cormic Nemec didn't stay longer !

Comment

Add Maybourne to SG-1!
                      Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor
                        Add Maybourne to SG-1!
                        Don't be silly; Maybourne's a Tok'ra!

Comment

JM and PM once said in an interview that they originally considered adding a fourth member, but the only thing he would be doing is standing in the background. So they shelved the idea, and considered sometimes adding a fourth person when the situation requires it. But the way the stories are evolving, that won't be necessary much.

Comment

I heatily agree that Jonas coming back would make the show 100% more watchable.

1. We'd have another character to take our eyes and minds off the fact that Season 8 will be Jack-Lite-Lite.

2. More Jonas/Daniel scenes.

3. Teal'c will actually have lines beyond "Indeed" again, just like he had in Season 6 where he said more in one episode than the entire Season 5.

Personally I don't actually want Jonas back full time. I'm thinking more of a "And Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn" style roll like Teryl used to have. I think if they're again building to a movie, maybe having him come back for the last quarter of the Season would be good, so there can be a legitimate reason for him being in the movie.

Say, out of the 20 episodes in Season 8, 5 of them had Jonas in them. Episode 8X16 would be about Jonas, and why he comes back. 8X17 would just have him there, back in his rightful place in SG-1. 8X18 would have a sub-plot for him of some sort (a B plot). 8X19 and 8X20 would be the final SG-1 two-parter, with Jonas as heavily involved as the other characters, all leading to the movie.

And it's about this point I stop taking these wonderful drugs I'm on, as I know that'll never happen...

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                              2. More Jonas/Daniel scenes.
                              And don't forget Jonas/Sam. I loved the Jonas and Sam dynamic.

Comment

Working...
                              X