Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth coming to Blu-ray!!!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1891

Expect a 1080p AVC video transfer with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track.

SG1: AoT - TV Shows on DVD: Blu-ray Ark of Truth Confirmed:

At TV Shows on DVD:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Stargate SG-1 - Blu-ray Ark of Truth Confirmed: Exact Date, Cost, Specs, Extras

Also a small look at possible box art for this high-def conclusion to the 10th Season SG-1 storyline

Posted by David Lambert - 10/09/2008

A week and a half ago we had the scoop about MGM's plans to release, through distributor Fox Home Entertainment, a high-definition Blu-ray Disc version of Stargate - The Ark of Truth. The DVD release of this direct-to-video feature has been available since March, and we had learned that a Blu-ray release would probably happen early in the new year. Now an Amazon pre-order listing that went up overnight confirms that this will be available on January 13th.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's sort of odd that AoT wasn't released on DVD and Blu-ray simultaneously. The cynic in me would say that MGM wanted people to buy both. Of course, that could be coloured by the fact that Continuum seems to have taken that path in NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
        http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1891

Expect a 1080p AVC video transfer with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track.
        Looks like MGM must be satisfied with SG:Continuum Bluray sales volumes then?

As for the 1080p, let's just wait and see. Pray for direct 1080p, not 720p upscaled or just a poor transfer. Vis, the noisy Baal scenes in the Tokra extraction scenes.

Bring SG1 s09-s10 to Blu and all of SGA. Our lives will then be complete
        2.0 > 1.0

Comment

I'm glad I didn't buy the DVD, didn't want to get double dipped. I'll support blu-ray releases though (I bought continuum on blu-ray, i guess alot of other people did too).

Comment

Why would any one buy both?
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Maybe because they like it?
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Exactly....I know many fans of other actors/films/genres who will buy everything connected with that particular actor/film/genre etc a) because they can and desire to have a 100% complete Stargate DVD collection; b) because they feel they are supporting said actor/film/genre etc.; or c) (as Mads said above) just because they like it that much...........I have many double copies of CD's from my favourite artists and bands too, some I bought to get signed by the artist, some I bought just to give them extra support and some I got given........I happen to know someone who used to buy 2 copies of certain toys for his kids - he keeps one in the box in case it becomes a "collectible"....

Might be hard for some to believe but there ya go!!........."horses for courses" and all that!....

Deeds xx
                Last edited by discodiva; 17 January 2009, 11:38 PM.
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

It just looks like another way to fleece the fans, if they have a copy already on DVD, it just seems wasteful to spend money on the same movie. But then I guess I'm one of those who doesn't have the money to waste.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It just looks like another way to fleece the fans, if they have a copy already on DVD, it just seems wasteful to spend money on the same movie. But then I guess I'm one of those who doesn't have the money to waste.

Well to some it probably does seem like a waste of money, to others not so much, or at least they may want to save up for it if they can......I spend every penny that I have saved on travelling as much as I possibly can - to someone else that may be a waste of money as I have little "material" things to show for it on my return...to me, the memories and pictures are priceless.....it's all personal opinion and/or choice isn't it?....

I doubt I'll buy the re-hashed COTG (I assume that can be classed as another example of possibly "fleecing" the fans?) - I'm perfectly happy with the old original version that I've got - but I reserve the right to change my mind and "waste" a bit of my savings if I feel like it after reading other fans' recommendations.....

I actually do have two copies of the AoT - I decided to buy the Region 1 DVD so I could see it before the Vancouver Convention last year (as it didn't come out in the UK until afterwards)....I didn't want to be "spoiled" by any discussions/questions about it and my husband has always religiously avoided spoilers and we won't illegally download....when I got back to the UK I decided to buy a R2 DVD so that I could play it on my older, single Region 2 DVD player and watch it on my larger screen TV.....I didn't consider it a waste of money but, like I said, "horses for courses" eh?........for the record, I won't be buying the Blu-Ray version, although our computer will play them....

Oh and I did the same for Continuum - I happened to be in Seattle on the day it came out and my husband and I were thrilled to be able to buy something from our much-loved Stargate franchise on the day of its release.....we were in Canada for August and it gave us something to watch on the TV in our apartment....on our return to the UK we decided to buy the R2 DVD for the same reasons above..........money to waste? - maybe a little, but we had a wonderful evening, celebrating the return of RDA to Stargate, whilst enjoying a drink and watching the DVD....well worth it in my eyes....

Deeds xx
                    Last edited by discodiva; 18 January 2009, 08:02 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I suppose if they had a HD TV and a blu-ray player, they might want the blu-ray version.

I don't have a HD tv or a blu-ray player, so I'm not buying it.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I figured when it came out on DVD, that it would eventually come out on bluray. So I opted not to purchase, and found other means to watch it. I felt it best not to support the DVD release as I wanted an HD release. When continuum came out I bought it because it was on blu, and I just bought Ark of Truth as it came out on blu. I tend to like to buy into new technologies.. I pretty much stopped buying dvd's a year and a half ago (except the odd tv show that I know wasn't filmed in a way that could be made HD).

I didn't get double dipped, but I had to have patience on that. I guess the moral is, I didn't want to support the DVD release because wanted it on bluray. Why buy it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod5000 View Post
                          I guess the moral is, I didn't want to support the DVD release because wanted it on bluray. Why buy it twice.
                          Personally, I bought Continuum on both Blu-Ray and DVD.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                          X