Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Worried that SGU will corrupt Alterans History/Backstory?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean come on, they already told us that they traveled from the Ori Galaxy then built the Astria Portas Here, Then left Here in Atlantis because of the plague, now they are gonna go out and change all that and say a ship pre-programmed is traveling from galaxy to galaxy building them and dropping them on each planet?,

if such a ship existed before the Alteran/Ori conflict you really thing the Ori wouldn't have known about it?

Geez, lets just change the entire back story to create a series that will be nothing more than a ONE Set, One Location Drama series with the Star Gate name slapped on it. and Betcha it wont last more than 2 seasons.

I had a 10 Season Plot Line drawn out for the history of the Alterans, and general descriptions for about 63 Episodes from 1-60 of a series (a few epty slots in the middle) Spanning into about 4 Seasons of the series., that would have more plot twists than anything, lol, seriously... of course I had to update the plotline a lil bit with the introduction of the "Ark", still...
    Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Um why would the Ori care about the Destiny? As we know the Ori wanted everyone to claim them as their god it's not like the ship can say" Hallowed are the Ori"
    I agree with " It will only last 2 seasons" thing isn't sounding good but......alot of people didn't like the sound of Atlantis but it succeeded more or less.......but yeah so i guess whether people like it or not will depend on the Pilot movie
    Tst

Comment

I'm Kind of excited to see what tptb come up with. I Always felt that when they introduced the ori and said the ancients hid our existence from them the ancients just closed up the ori galaxy from the rest of the universe. With the name universe and how the ancients colonized both the milky way and pegasus i think we should even see some living ancients who have not ascended yet and got lost from the ship or left the ship to start colonizing a galaxy or two. I feel we should see a couple repositories of ancient knowledge in a few of the planets we visit. as for their back story i think it should be a very complex. I think the original Alterrans/Ori human existence was over a trillion years ago. If they were to mention that on the show right away from the start of the series it would probably not corrupt it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate Zilla View Post
        I mean come on, they already told us that they traveled from the Ori Galaxy then built the Astria Portas Here, Then left Here in Atlantis because of the plague, now they are gonna go out and change all that and say a ship pre-programmed is traveling from galaxy to galaxy building them and dropping them on each planet?,
        We don't really have enough details to say any of this yet. If it was launched from the Ori galaxy then it would contradict AoT. But we don't know where from or when the Destiny was launched.

if such a ship existed before the Alteran/Ori conflict you really thing the Ori wouldn't have known about it?
        Again, not enough information.

But in general, I think there will be some contradiction (or corruption if you want to call it that) of the Ancient backstory. I think its inevitable that things that are said early in a series need to be tweaked to fit with later expansions to the overall story. An example - Teal'c said he was only qualified to fly the death glider in Within the Serpent's Grasp. Obviously untrue in light of his later flying the cargo ship, for example. I didn't mind the inconsistency, because the cargo ship was a good addition to the series.

So, I don't think I would mind if there was some inconsistency with the Ancient backstory as long as it advanced the plot. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if they mutilated the backstory - but I don't think they will.

Comment

How they can change Alterans story or background? As far as we know they only left ori galaxy millions of years ago, and they were quite advanced at that time already, BUT DID NO HAVE STARGATES! Because we saw how one of the ancients took his notes before leaving ori galaxy with stargate blueprints on it.

Reason that this ship was built is very simple, alterans wanted to explore the universe! But even if they had an advanced tech, go from one planet to another requires some time not to mention to have a ship! But how the hell you can explore universe trough statgate then there's no stargate out there?

To find a suitable planet, leave stargates there would require some time to do by their own(alterans), so they made a ship who makes that in automatic mode. But then ship is launched its position will be changing everytime so how to contact it, make adjusments and so on.. So 9th chevron goes in. Where they can contact the ship, download its logs, upload new adjusments and so on..

But i think 9th chevron was designed only to contact the ship in one way, then you go trough stargates to the ship there's no way back. Alterans knew that so they only were using radio signals to adjust downlaod or upload information. Well this is my theory
          The cake is a lie...

Comment

The only thing we know of Alteran history is that they fled there home galaxy to avoid a war with the Ori that they knew would cost many lives.

They then become the Ancients to us and created the Stargate network in our galaxy, which they fled beacause of a great plague, to the Pegasus galaxy and become the Ancestors.

I hope we meet some living, original Alteran/Ancient descendants who are not ascended and retain much of there early knowledge about how to build the gates and ships used for seeding life and other great technology!

Comment

Going on complete and utter speculation of a possibility, who's to say the Ori (and followers) didn't spread to other galaxies thanks to these pre-planted gates? I mean the actual ascended Ori are all gone but who knows, maybe the Destiny crew will find a planet or two that still worship them or something.
              Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
              Breakdown Services Resume
              Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by StoyBoy720 View Post
                Going on complete and utter speculation of a possibility, who's to say the Ori (and followers) didn't spread to other galaxies thanks to these pre-planted gates? I mean the actual ascended Ori are all gone but who knows, maybe the Destiny crew will find a planet or two that still worship them or something.
                I wouldnt be surprised. But I think this is going to happen then there will be a lack of new enemies.
                The cake is a lie...

Comment

I like the potential for use of the 9th cheveron listed here.

Comment

Retconning. It's what they do best.

Comment

i thought SGU is set after Alterans but before Atlanteans?

Comment

Uh, let's get this straight. The ship was created after the Alteran exodus from the Ori galaxy, but before the MW plague. This means it was created in the MW, after the creation of the stargates. This was, however, before the Ancients left for Pegasus. Does that solve it?
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

As said, its not set during the Ancients tenure in the Ori galaxy but AFTER their exodus that brought them to the Milky Way galaxy. In some ways it makes sense really. The Ancients travel all the way to the Milky Way, rebuild their empire and decide to embark on a new period of exploration of other galaxies. Then suddenly the plague came at Vis Uban, the Ancients died mostly with a faction of them leaving to the Pegasus galaxy. Presumably, the crew of the ship then Ascended as well like their Milky Way kin but not like their Lantean cousins who stayed until after their defeat by the Wraith.

Who knows, perhaps the gate seeding vessel created the stargates in the Pegasus galaxy before moving for other galaxies. Some speculation on my part there.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Nope.

The Ori didn't know about humans in the Milky Way galaxy until Jackson and Vala showed up. So no, the Ori wouldn't have necessarily known about the ship.
                            sigpic
                            FOX Network

Comment

I highly doubt the Destiny was lauched from the original Ori galaxy, that was hardly the height of the Alterans civilisation, hiding under a rock...
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X