This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators Inevitable

Don't blame TPTB for always using replicators. They will be used again over and over. Artificial Intelligence is an intriguing concept. I loved the way Stargate personified AI with the replicators. There have been so many movies tv shows that did it before ( Runaway, Borg on Star Trek, Matrix etc..). I know at some point Universe will show some form of AI as a race. The Asurans i wished Rodney would never have called them Replicators they should have been named AI. The MW Replicators name suited them all they did was replicate. AI intelligence is always looked at as evil because we hypothesize that once we set AI free to do as they wish they might just want to destroy us. I hope this time they find a version of AI that setup an ancient like civilization using a repository and are good and feel they should be the overseers of the universe.
    I Also feel Reese was not of Lantien/Alteran Design. Her design was inferior to the Asurans her personality too childish.

You don't need to have replicators to have an AI though do you? Reese wasn't. I too think the replicators will inevitably show up at some point though, they always do.

Comment

they probably will show up. lets hope its in some innocuous form, like shipboard maintainence or something...
      That way they're there to appease the fans and they're not doing anythiong important to appease the haters

Comment

Nanites are really the end form for any technology. Theyre the smallest most adaptable physical form possible. Unless theres some kind of super dense nanoscale form that stores data besides nanites. But the mobility of nanites really make them the best form for AI possible.

Comment

Well, can they be at least more different and unique than the Asurans were to the Replicators? There's tons of possibilities, it doesn't have to be the same thing every single time.

Comment

Whilst I am all for AI & artifical life forms - the concpet is intruging & bring s about a whole host of moral, ethical & 'what is life'/rights of sentient beings discussions (one of the things I loved about The Doctor on StarTrek Voyager) - I hope that forthe loveo f sweet baby Jesus that they don't bring them back (enough with the Replicators already for crying out loud!?! ).

I also agree, the ASURANS may have been the genesis, or origin, of the MW/Ida Galaxy Replicators; but they were vastly different in many, many ways - they should of been called as such, not refered to as 'Replicators'; as they dien't really replicate like the ones encountered in Ida/MW.

Comment

I liked the bug replicators but the Human form replicators i just didnt like at all.
              Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Well, can they be at least more different and unique than the Asurans were to the Replicators? There's tons of possibilities, it doesn't have to be the same thing every single time.
                Well they were jealous and in love with their parents the Lanteans, of course they were derivative. Thats like complaining Terminators are too human-ish when humans made skynet.

Comment

After Universe they should make an entire Series dedicated to Replicators. Wouldnt that be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    Nanites are really the end form for any technology. Theyre the smallest most adaptable physical form possible. Unless theres some kind of super dense nanoscale form that stores data besides nanites. But the mobility of nanites really make them the best form for AI possible.
                    Like the T-1000.
                    Replicators have been done to death; I personally would love to see a race of robots, not human, but like an old school Cylon.

Comment

We've seen that the replicators all network themselves to a main sub-space link whether asuran or MW Rep. I hope we will see a fully non networked version where there would have to be more democratic among the AI. We saw reese,first,fifth,replicarter and oberoth have full or partial control of the collective. I felt that if the asurans disconnected from the collective they might have just reached ascension (hope they put that in the SGA movie). I wish the next time they visit a replicator story arc the ancients were not the ones who built them. I hope the nox actually set out some AI on an intergalactic quest when they were very young.

Comment

I suspect the ship is run by an AI. Wouldn't it be interesting if the replicators were the one maintaining the ship and building the Stargates for each planet?
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

well the asurans shouldve remained asurans, not replicators. and for the good and love of god, please dont make them evil

Comment

Working...
                          X