Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What popular myths should Universe touch on?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What popular myths should Universe touch on?

Sg1 had egypt and gods, sga (obviously) had atlantis and vampires, what should universe have?

I vote Lovecraft.

This ship was preparing other galacy's for arival of accient. But they accended. And forgot there gate spreading ship.

So I expect a not human seeded galacy's.
    Or they had just starting seeding some.
    So more aliens, wich get a hold on the gates. Like the goa'uld and wraith did for centuries.
    So new aliens friendly and foo to keep it excited.

What I don't expect is recycle old foo's.
    Replicator
    acient kolonie with other political agenda.
    Wraith
    asgard.
    Humans.

Mostly I want to see new aliens. new kind of foo.
    New Space ships.

I'am very curious about this. So I want to see this show for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Sg1 had egypt and gods, sga (obviously) had atlantis and vampires, what should universe have? I vote Lovecraft.
      Lol... Seeing that this show is not Earth based, I don't think they should focus on our mythology. They should make their own mythology.

Comment

An own mythology, where the forms doesn't count and the aliens looks like really out of the box. I would like to see more non-humanoid culture and alien perspective of philosophy about life, love and death etc. What do they think about humans, if they can see in every direction at the same time, or if they have five leg or arm, or if they are immortal, or if they are never tired, or if they change their form?

But back to the thread's question. I think nature religions would be cool, because Oma Desala was mentioned as a buddhism type character, so maybe the old Ancients preferred the exploration, the respect of other evolution ways etc.
        Last edited by Platschu; 08 October 2008, 10:33 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Marcus View Post
          Lol... Seeing that this show is not Earth based, I don't think they should focus on our mythology. They should make their own mythology.
          Oh come on you know what i mean. This show is being written by and viewed by HUMANS. Im not asking about specific names and events but the THEMES. It isnt going to be really alien or it would be bizarre nonsensical washes of color and noises that hurt our ears. What thematic lines from our own mythology could universe explore.

Lovecraft: most alien life is bizarre and hostile and horrifying or outright incomprehensible

Indian religion: multiple creation events/cycles of creation and destruction

Sg1 is cowboys wearing white hats and saving the day, sga is everyone working and sacrificing themselves to do what they have to, whats sgu gonna be?

Comment

I say they should touch up on the whole "The world is flat" and the "Universe is infinite" things. I'd love to see a flat world.

Comment

I'd rather see alien mythology. Which means...completely made up mythos. Ancient long dead civilizations, etc...
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

apparently the team in sgu stumbles on a stargate that wasnt planted by the ship they inhabit we've only seen one other seperate race from the alterans that could build a stargate anf they were the tolan but are now dead, or are they lol ????
                Captain Simms

Comment

good ideas guys

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                    apparently the team in sgu stumbles on a stargate that wasnt planted by the ship they inhabit we've only seen one other seperate race from the alterans that could build a stargate anf they were the tolan but are now dead, or are they lol ????

the Tollan didn't know how to build the gate by themselves, the asgard helped them, so the asgard know how to build gates aswell, which isn't that surprising

Comment

It was the Nox not the Asgard, come on guy watch Pretense for gods sake, the Nox not the Asgard helped them build the gate
                      sigpic

Comment

Stargate should touch on greek or roman gods, obviously they can't show any modern day religions and risk offending people.

Comment

I honestly don't care if they offend or challenge established beliefs, be they modern, ancient or otherwise - it is good ot shake things up a tiny bit & make people think; rather than blindly follow (just MHO here! ) : BSG did with the whole suicide bombing references during the Cylon occupation of New Caprica. It was brutual, shocking, brilliantly done & raised alot of quesations & made people think about the extremees people will go to for perceived freedoms, where the line is drawn in the name of doing good, etc - well done IMHO.

Truely alien-looking aliens, alien concepts & cultures with their own mythos (made-up, or hinting @ parallels with some Earth-based cultures, like shared universal concepts of creation, etc).

The Stargate enocuntered that is not seeded by the gateship is an eyebrow rasier, if true. The only civilization to create their owen Stargates without help from others (the Tollan & Nox combined their tech/brain-power to make their own Stargate for New Tollana) is the Orii (Supergate)/Alterrans themselves - the Asgard may come close, but we have yet to see this in cannon, or have it hinted @; so I am saying no to that one. So unless a colony of the Ancients put it there or an alien civilization developed their own (in which case thye ould have to be on-par with the Ancients in terms of tech/knowledge! :O); this seems highly unlikely ATM.

Comment

I like the Greek myth Idea. I could see rogue ascended beings setting themselves up as gods, with the names of Greek gods.

I would, however, rather get past the formula of ancient myth tie-ins, and get into something completely alien.

Comment

Im gonna throw this out there. Based just on the technology within the gate, any advanced aliens that examined it would know about 1) subspace 2) teleportation 3) long lasting power sources 4) damn near indestructable materials. Given this we should expect to see starships and beaming of some sort. Especially with critters that have had millions of years to stare at their gates.

How would a giant intelligent squid incorporate that into their tech? Squid confederacy! How do squid think? Theyre lonely isolated hunters who only gather to mate, dont raise their young. So do like SPORE and progress that through evolution. Individual ships, space preditors, meeting up once a century for nookie in certain star systems. Prolly shoot first and ask questions never.

How about a race that built a superior stargate. Like oh hum, i can do better SQUARE STARGATE!

Stuff like that.
                              Last edited by kymeric; 08 October 2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X