This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macgyver/SG-1 and Andromeda/Hercules

This is just a werid question, but I was thinking: In the first episode of SG-1, Carter says something about Earth 'macgyvering' a DHD, and in the first episode of Andromeda, when Seamus Harper is captured by Dillian, he describes him as 'really big, like a greek god or something', and kevin sorbo, who plays hunt, also played Hercules in...Hercules. I was wondering if any of you guys knew if any other show did this in some form, or if its just exclusice to those two. Like i said, this is kind of a weird question, but i just want to know. Thanks.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

This one isn't as obvious as the two you've named, but on Enterprise in the episode "Shockwave" Archer tells T'Pol "I traveled through time". That was a subtle reference to "Quantum Leap" where Scott Bakula was permanetly traveling through time.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

And then Enterprise was basically Quantum Leap: Enterprise for the first three seasons (and first two episodes of Season 4) .

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel John Grant
        This one isn't as obvious as the two you've named, but on Enterprise in the episode "Shockwave" Archer tells T'Pol "I traveled through time". That was a subtle reference to "Quantum Leap" where Scott Bakula was permanetly traveling through time.

hmmm. i never thought of that one. thanks.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel John Grant
          Or maybe it was becuase HE ACTUALLY TRAVELLED THROUGH TIME IN THAT EPISODE?
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

And do you guys remember the episode of the A-Team where "Face" (Dirk Benedict) is on a movie lot and a Cylon walks by, and he sorta opens his mouth to speak, and points at it like -- hey, wait a minute? Wasn't I on that show?

It was such a funny moment that I think they used it in the A-team opening credits sequence for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
              And do you guys remember the episode of the A-Team where "Face" (Dirk Benedict) is on a movie lot and a Cylon walks by, and he sorta opens his mouth to speak, and points at it like -- hey, wait a minute? Wasn't I on that show?

It was such a funny moment that I think they used it in the A-team opening credits sequence for a while.
              Now, _that_ sounds funny. I've never watched either show, though, so it doesn't quite have the same impact for me as the SG_1/MacGuyver and Andromeda/Hercules.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

It's not too uncommon to subtly reference previous work, especially on TV. It's done usually within a genre, making it likely that the viewer will pick up on it.
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I'd imagine there are many cases where the make reference to other shows/showings....haveta be pretty sharp to catch them though.
                  Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I knew it was a futile hope, but I wanted Archer to "leap out" in the final episode, or at the very least say "oh boy".

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                      I knew it was a futile hope, but I wanted Archer to "leap out" in the final episode, or at the very least say "oh boy".
                      LOL!
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

In the movie Evolution David D. said "I used to work for the goverment, I know how they think.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                          This is just a werid question, but I was thinking: In the first episode of SG-1, Carter says something about Earth 'macgyvering' a DHD, and in the first episode of Andromeda, when Seamus Harper is captured by Dillian, he describes him as 'really big, like a greek god or something', and kevin sorbo, who plays hunt, also played Hercules in...Hercules. I was wondering if any of you guys knew if any other show did this in some form, or if its just exclusice to those two. Like i said, this is kind of a weird question, but i just want to know. Thanks.
                          On "Mad About You" Paul Riser mentioned how he hated the movie Aliens.... a movie where the character he played was eaten.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I just saw an episode of My Name Is Earl with Beau Bridges guest staring, near the end he mentioned that Earl had just paid for his friend John Sheppard's window that he broke 15 years ago, could be a coincidental name or refering to a someone he knows from another series.

Comment

What other series?

Anyway, Arrested Development () was great with these sort of gags, like when they had Dan Castelliasta...the guy who plays Homer on, and they had him being a serious doctor. And then at one point he just slips in a very normal sounding "D'oh..."

Comment

Working...
                              X