The Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Music

I was watching Sanctuary today and in the scene where Will was talking with Alexi and the music seemed just like the music from early SG-1. Like where Sam, Daniel, etc was talking with someone who was going to die or was in a bad position.
    Is this just my imagination or is it intentional because of TPTB and the actors?

Seeing as Joel Goldsmith does the music for Sanctuary, it wouldn't be surprised if a line or two was similar to something in SG1.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too, totally Stargate. Good though, gotta say that. Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
        Seeing as Joel Goldsmith does the music for Sanctuary, it wouldn't be surprised if a line or two was similar to something in SG1.
        Just sayin', I thought the music with Ashley (in the tunnels) was cool. Kind of Buddha-Bar lounge-y asian mix. Nice and mysterious. But didn't notice the resemblance to Stargate, though.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I didn't notice it, nor did i know Joel Goldsmith did the music for Sanctuary.
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

The music is not by Joel Goldsmith but Ian Browne. I am also surprised that the end credits say that it is Joel Goldsmith. Maybe he is also contributing like Murray Gold for "Torchwood" but the main composer there is Ben Foster...or even less, the main theme was also written by Ian Browne
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Do you have proof of this, because if it were true, I would think that his name would be under "Original Theme by..."

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                The music is not by Joel Goldsmith but Ian Browne. I am also surprised that the end credits say that it is Joel Goldsmith. Maybe he is also contributing like Murray Gold for "Torchwood" but the main composer there is Ben Foster...or even less, the main theme was also written by Ian Browne
                Good catch. Browne is listed in the opening credits but you'll have to be fast and sharp to read it!
                Do you have proof of this, because if it were true, I would think that his name would be under "Original Theme by..."
                Checked here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0965394/fullcredits IMDb and found "Original music by Ian Browne" for 2007 episodes. (or webisodes?)

But here http://www.tv.com/sanctuary/show/22115/cast.html?flag=3: TV.com: lists Ian Browne with No Role!! Assuming those credits are incomplete.

Just sayin', tonight's credits do list "Original Music by Ian Browne," but still not sure if Goldsmith isn't the show's official composer. I like the music on the show by whoever.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I asked my source about this last week but haven't had a reply yet. From what I understand, though, Joel Goldsmith has adapted what was previously a rejected theme tune and called it "symphonie pour un monde etrange" (original theme was just called Strange World) and that theme has become the Sanctuary theme tune.

The rest of the music in it, credited as "original music" is by Ian Browne. This is what I'm understanding from a) the credits and b) the music present. The celtic themes in Fata Morgana definitely have a Browne feel to them, and I know the Subway / Ashley/Druitt themes were definitely Ian's.

But what the official credits say is that Goldsmith did the theme tune and Browne did the rest.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Right, right, okay. I'm too captivated by the music to read much during the credits.

Comment

I loved the music in last friday's ep, gotta say, it's got it's own flair. A bit more heavy, rock and rollish and then it changes to something completely different. Really loving it. I've always said music can make or break a show, this is true here, it gives it depth and heart. Don't care who it's by, it's amazing. Kim

Comment

Hey guys...
                        You can get the ringtone of the title series of Sanctuary at the link below. Enjoy!

http://audiko.net/ringtone/amanda+ta...685955/en.html

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                        Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Working...
                        X