This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comics: P.O.W. Series

Well, I looked through all the threads under General Discussion, and I was surprised not to find any thread discussing the comic books! I finally picked up P.O.W. part 3 on Thursday, and I must say... this is an awesome series of comics. I definitely am going to buy each issue from now on. I even had them special-order both the 2003 and 2004 convention specials! But yeah, the series is awesome, it pretty much reads like an episode, and I highly recommend it to everyone. Did anyone else read them?
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Yes I have the second issue in limited edition Platinum foil. The story line is great so far but I'm not too sure about the artwork. I've missed the 3rd issue so I'm going to have to wait a bit till the next one comes out. Looking forward to some great storytelling.

Comment

im in the uk and couldnt find em anywhere so i had to order em online and im still waiting for pow 1 but i can wait till it arrives

Comment

I can't find them ANYWHERE in the UK. Probably just being mean to us cos we get the Stargate DVDs before Region 1 does. I really want them though!
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
          I can't find them ANYWHERE in the UK. Probably just being mean to us cos we get the Stargate DVDs before Region 1 does. I really want them though!
          i ordered mine from www.comiccavalcade.com it costs for ship and takes a while but i think its worth it, and yeah thats probably why

Comment

It's so very much worth it... when you place your order, go ahead and order P.O.W. 1-3 and the 2003 and 2004 convention specials at the same time to save on shipping... I've read all of those except 2003 convention, and trust me, it's worth it! Also, no need to get a special edition... I just order the standard wraparound covers each time.
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I've got the convention special but haven't had the chance to get the POW series. Looking forward to it, though. I was dissapointed by the inaccuracy of the shape of the death gliders (hope this improves in the series), but other than that I am pleasantly astounded

Comment

Which convention special? 2003 or 2004 (2003 is a Bra'tac and Teal'c story, 2004 is a team story)? Trust me, you'll like P.O.W.

The coolest thing, I think, about the comic series is that they can place each issue at any point in the series that they want... therefore with whatever continuity they choose. That is really awesome. Hopefully, once the TV series ends, this will go on as a nice extension of SG-1... I know I love it!

Comment

Teal'c/Bra'tac story

What really pleases me is they are checking to make absolutely certain story accuracy and continuity remains intact, so fans will not be upset when they pull it apart and find that it's all correct .

Comment

Yeah... as far as I can tell, it's all in continuity so far... and I hope it stays that way. So you know, there is 2004 convention special now, also... I had to special-order it through my local comic book shop, but it was worth it! It's really just a mini-story with some previews of the Fall of Rome Prequel after the story and stuff and a note from one of the creators of the comic series, but it's still pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X