This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis

how many people do you think could live comfortably in the city? and by comfortably i dont mean having cots in the halls and 20 people per apartment.

also how many people do you think it can hold in a crunch? this is where the planets about to explode and you cram as many people into the city as possible. yet still be able to walk through the halls.

oh and theres three zpms so powers not an issue.

my guess as to comfortably is maybe 50,000. and maybe 300,000 in a crunch.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I'd have no issues living in the city aside from the ATA gene. It'd actually be quite a nice vacation spot.

Comment

Didn't someone say in season 1 that it was like knocking on the door of every house in Manhatten???

Unless they were overdoing it then i say it could hold a lot more than 50,000.
      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind living on Atlantis wouldn't be that bad beats living in a compartment with 10 other people
        Tst

Comment

Where did the Atlantians get their food? I haven't seen any replicators in Atlantis. The expedition seems to bring most of their food from earth.

Comment

I think you answered your own question. Their food comes from Earth via the Daedalus and Apollio. Of course I imagine they have trading parteners in Pegasus. Got to get that tava somewhere.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I think you answered your own question. Their food comes from Earth via the Daedalus and Apollio. Of course I imagine they have trading parteners in Pegasus. Got to get that tava somewhere.
              i think General Yogi Bear was talking about the Ancients.

Comment

1 million plus in non emergency. you would stick people where you could, even on the piers themselves and in every other little nut and cranny, so I would time that figure by ten.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                  Where did the Atlantians get their food? <snip> The expedition seems to bring most of their food from earth.
                  If you're referring to the Ancients then wouldn't the surrounding ocean provide a vast source for food?
                  Last edited by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper; 04 October 2008, 05:12 PM.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Why would you assume the Atlanteans would eat the Replicators...?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Why would you assume the Atlanteans would eat the Replicators...?
                      I think he meant replicators as in the star trek replicators in which they produce food and other materials for the crew to consume.

the equivalent in the stargate Universe to the Asguard matter converter or Merlin assembling machine used to construct the anti ori weapon.

Comment

A new tech journal entry has been posted to the vault of top secret Stargate files and can be accessed by this link:
                        http://stargate.mgm.com/specialops/l...lid=19&id=6847

Also, there is some information about the upcoming series Stargate Universe that can be accessed by this link:
                        http://stargate.mgm.com/specialops/l...lid=20&id=6847

Also, there is a limited time special offer for a discounted subscription to Stargate magazine, just enter the coupon code "MGMOPS" at checkout when you follow this link:
                        http://stargate.mgm.com/specialops/l...ink=23&id=6847

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          I think he meant replicators as in the star trek replicators in which they produce food and other materials for the crew to consume.

the equivalent in the stargate Universe to the Asguard matter converter or Merlin assembling machine used to construct the anti ori weapon.
                          Yes. Where did 50,000 ancients get their food on Atlantis. I guess Merlins assembly machine could also make food maybe. Or they just went fishing ha.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                            Yes. Where did 50,000 ancients get their food on Atlantis. I guess Merlins assembly machine could also make food maybe. Or they just went fishing ha.
                            See my earlier post #9. The ocean. A vast source of food.
                            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Aren't we getting a bit of the point of this thread. It's not about food but it's about how many people atlantis can hold.

As far as i'm aware in one of the episodes they mentioned that the city can hold 2 million people or at least that was how many it was designed to hold. Don't ask me which episode because i don't remember which one just go through all the first and second season again and you'll most likely find it. I would say in an emergency it could hold around 5 million if you wanted to be really packed in but the weight might be too much for the stardrive to take off from a planet.

I don't think power would be any problem unless they tried using something like the stardrive. the shield wouldn't use anymore energy so you should still be able to run that really easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X