X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Farscape" to be Syndicated

From today's e-mail issue of Cynopsis:

Debmar Studios has picked up the domestic rights to Farscape and will offer it into syndication for Fall 2005, offering a straight barter deal. The deal includes 88 episodes, though will not include the four hour finale movie, per Variety.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Maybe they are hoping that the show will get such good ratings they will do a season five and just pretend the movie never happened.

No one around me will pick it up, all the channels are dumb, they even dropped SG-1 in the 7th season. Sure it did suck, but they have "Unsolved Mysteries" on now and that makes SG-1 look great.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

im gald to hear that theyll be putting the latest episodes into syndication. i haven't seen the majority of the series, but from what i have seen, i know i cant wait. thanks for the info.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

That's good news. I always liked Farscape, and tried to watch it when it was on, though I wasn't a devoted fan or anything. I do wish the DVDs were a more reasonable price, though. [ rant] Y'know, I wish the makers of DVDs for shows like that would learn their basic economics: you make a lot more money by selling a _lot_ of an item at a medium/low price than by selling a few at a very high price. Stargate is only $50/season at Best Buy, and non-genre series are even lower, so obviously it ain't production costs that keep Farscape, B5, and Star Trek at $100+/season. [ / rant]
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
          That's good news. I always liked Farscape, and tried to watch it when it was on, though I wasn't a devoted fan or anything. I do wish the DVDs were a more reasonable price, though. [ rant] Y'know, I wish the makers of DVDs for shows like that would learn their basic economics: you make a lot more money by selling a _lot_ of an item at a medium/low price than by selling a few at a very high price. Stargate is only $50/season at Best Buy, and non-genre series are even lower, so obviously it ain't production costs that keep Farscape, B5, and Star Trek at $100+/season. [ / rant]
          You might be interested in the new release ADV is producing of Farscape episodes called the Farscape: Starburst series. The first volume is coming out on Nov. 16th and will include 7 S1 episodes with all new cast commentaries and features. I read a chat transcript recently with David Kemper. He said Ben and Claudia and Rockne O'Bannon and others got together in recent months to record some of the new commentaries. Supposedly the commentary on Jeremiah Crichton is a total hoot.

Here's a link to some info. The first Starburst DVD is listed at $24.95 but I understand you can find better prices if you look around:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2396
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
            Supposedly the commentary on Jeremiah Crichton is a total hoot.

Here's a link to some info. The first Starburst DVD is listed at $24.95 but I understand you can find better prices if you look around:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2396

Thanks for the info, Kes.

I loved Jeremiah Chrichton. That was a fun episode.

However my favorite is still "The Flax."

Now, that episode is not only a hoot, its a hoot and a holler.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

GUYS ....guys but please can somebody go and check that farscape video that my friend did : It 's the best tribute for the show I have ever seen ..I cried while watching it ..and there are spoilers from the mini series .

please give me your comments in the video thread of that forum so that I can pass it on to her ..She actually won the convention competition with that video ..No wonder why ...it's absolutely stunning ..Quality at it's best ..it took her 3 months to make it .

here is the site : Scroll down ..It's at the bottom.

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/ryalin/

The video is called " Chest of wonders" ..it's a fast song but Goodness worth every seconds of it .

Enjoy

Caty
              Last edited by Catysg1; 22 November 2004, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                From today's e-mail issue of Cynopsis:

Debmar Studios has picked up the domestic rights to Farscape and will offer it into syndication for Fall 2005, offering a straight barter deal. The deal includes 88 episodes, though will not include the four hour finale movie, per Variety.
                This makes sense. SciFi's contract for Farscape is just ending so obviously it is going into syndication. The PK Wars mini will probably be offered for syndication as well, once SciFi's exclusive contract for that runs out.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a major part of the reason for making the mini was to make Farscape look better in syndication. After all, now the series has a proper ending. Even if it isn't included now, odds are, that once stations have burned through all 88 episodes (assuming once a week airings here and repeats etc) the mini will also be available for syndication.

Comment

Just adding in a note here....If anyone is wondering JUST WHAT IS FARSCAPE ABOUT???? I do recommend the video Caty has a link to in her post... I am a HUGE Farscape FAN and I was just blown away at this video!!! It covered the entire series and was just wonderful!!! It is NOT a *Ship* vid It is a Farscape Vid and is AWESOME...if you want to get some one excited about Farscape this may just be the thing to show them
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

ohhh syndication is always good... maybe i can get my parents to watch the eps and hook them

they do semi-watch SG1 (although when i've gone over there when i've had dinner with them... my mom asks way too many frellin quests. course that gets kinda annoying having to explain things to her.)

course my fav eps are MELTDOWN... mmmmm alll those J/A kisses, WSS (We're So Screwed) Arc kicks ass as well, love the UR/K/TF (unrealized realities/ kansas/ terra firma) arc too, TS (Twice Shy), Bad Timing, oh yes and PKWARS tops the cake ect... have way too many frellin eps that I love
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                      ohhh syndication is always good... maybe i can get my parents to watch the eps and hook them

they do semi-watch SG1 (although when i've gone over there when i've had dinner with them... my mom asks way too many frellin quests. course that gets kinda annoying having to explain things to her.)

course my fav eps are MELTDOWN... mmmmm alll those J/A kisses, WSS (We're So Screwed) Arc kicks ass as well, love the UR/K/TF (unrealized realities/ kansas/ terra firma) arc too, TS (Twice Shy), Bad Timing, oh yes and PKWARS tops the cake ect... have way too many frellin eps that I love
                      I totally agree with you! Meltdown was my favourite episode. I liked Green Eyed Monster too, mostly because of the ending.

What really gets me is that there are no channels in my area that show the PK wars! When does it come out? Does anyone know?

To Catysg1, thanks sooo much! That movie was great!

Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                      Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
                        I totally agree with you! Meltdown was my favourite episode. I liked Green Eyed Monster too, mostly because of the ending.

What really gets me is that there are no channels in my area that show the PK wars! When does it come out? Does anyone know?

To Catysg1, thanks sooo much! That movie was great!

where are ya from? its already been shown in the us.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                          where are ya from? its already been shown in the us.
                          I know, I don't live in the US. I live up north. I can't get Sci Fi channel where I am. Boo hoo
                          Last edited by Buggy542; 22 November 2004, 04:58 PM.
                          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Working...
                          X