X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walter H Davis appreciation thread

Hey there!

Just thought I 'd tell you all how much I love Walter Davis!!!!

He's gotta be one of the best characters on the show (outside the main cast of course)

I think he's been great in season eight, and I hope he's back for season nine!

Now...I prefer to think of Walter as being called Walter Harrimand Davis, but what does everyone else think???

Another thing...I normally don't like episodes that focus on supporting/recurring characters, but who wouldn't want to see Walter, Siler, all the gate techs (Vern...How's the wife??) and all the catering staff and nurses having to save the SG Teams for a change????

BTW (I'll stop babbling in a minute) how many times has walter been offworld???

Suz
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Originally posted by sueKay
    Hey there!

Just thought I 'd tell you all how much I love Walter Davis!!!!

He's gotta be one of the best characters on the show (outside the main cast of course)

I think he's been great in season eight, and I hope he's back for season nine!

Now...I prefer to think of Walter as being called Walter Harrimand Davis, but what does everyone else think???

Another thing...I normally don't like episodes that focus on supporting/recurring characters, but who wouldn't want to see Walter, Siler, all the gate techs (Vern...How's the wife??) and all the catering staff and nurses having to save the SG Teams for a change????

BTW (I'll stop babbling in a minute) how many times has walter been offworld???

Suz
    I love Walter too!

I don't think he has been through the gate, but I could be wrong. He doesn't look like he has any great need to go through, probably seen enough SG-1 come through whumped too many times.

Comment

You know, I started a Walter appreciation thread a while ago, but only got 5 replies...

Walter rocks.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Ok just woken up still sleepy but who’s Walter is he the guy in gateroom the chevron guy.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I could never imagine SG1 without Walter. He is just a great guy. I loved his appearance in Heroes. He should get a promotion I think.

Never saw him gating to another planet. (Sorry but I don't have seen Season eight yet.) Only when Daniel was in that parallel universe where Sam and Jack where married an Earth was attacked by Apophis and 'bad Teal'c'. In this episode the whole stargate center was evacuated to the Alpha Base. But I don't remember if Walter went there too. I think he is the guy who would stay until the end.

You know, I started a Walter appreciation thread a while ago, but only got 5 replies...
          I am shocked. Only 5 replies. But once he will become more famous than all the others because he is the smartest.
          To be German is to do everything possible to the potatoe, and possibly one or two things more.

Comment

Well, Walter went through the gate in Fallen and Homecoming.

He got to shoot a gun in TBFTGOG

Um... Don't really remember another time where's he's gone through the gate lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I can't beleive so few people have replied to this thread! Even if it is a duplicate!

Thanks for those that have!

Okay...The great name debate...

What do you all call him???
              sigpic

Comment

I'm glad he's got more lines this season. I enjoyed him in Zero Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  What do you all call him???
                  Often I just call him Chevron Guy because only few people know his name.^^

First time I heard his real name was when Jack called him Walter (in the episodes with the Aschen). More I didn't know until I read a little bit in the Omnipedia of this site.

Walter rocks !!
                  To be German is to do everything possible to the potatoe, and possibly one or two things more.

Comment

I believe that Walter also went offworld to the Alpha site when the meteor was headed straight towards earth.

Comment

yep, Only hammond remained at the sgc in failsafe

In Prometheus Unbound, Walter is
                      Spoiler:
                      going along with Daniel and Hammond on a little trip with the Prometheus

Comment

I prefer Walter Davis. I'm more than happy to go along with Walter Harriman Davis though - it eliminates a plot hole!

Comment

He's a secondary character, and usually those characters don't get their due. So, I for one, want to join this thread and appreciate the contributions made by Sgt. Davis.
                          Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                          O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                          O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I really like a lot of the secondary characters - they add a depth to the show even if they don't say or do much. I would like to see a little more of them - perhaps as in a Babylon 5 episode where the whole episode was seen from these minor characters perspective.
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

That's what I like about Stargate - The people on base aren't just extras - they're characters to!

EVERYONE RATE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X