http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=60912

Does this mean Woolsey might not be?
    sigpic

I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post

Does this mean Woolsey might not be?

I hope not. Woolsey has been amazing on Atlantis, I was dead against him before but after the first episode I loved how well he fit in.

I don't think I will bother to buy this dvd if Carter is in it even if we also get Woolsey. I am sick to death of Carter. The character all but ruined SG1 and did ruin season four of Atlantis for me.

I guess Stargate really is over for me. No more SG1 and no Atlantis and now no dvds to watch.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        I hope not. Woolsey has been amazing on Atlantis, I was dead against him before but after the first episode I loved how well he fit in.

I don't think I will bother to buy this dvd if Carter is in it even if we also get Woolsey. I am sick to death of Carter. The character all but ruined SG1 and did ruin season four of Atlantis for me.

I guess Stargate really is over for me. No more SG1 and no Atlantis and now no dvds to watch.
        I fail to see how Carter ruined SG-1, she was one of the most defining aspects of the show. As for her role in Atlantis, yeah, it brought her character down a few pegs, but she isn't a burden to the show. Tapping is great.

I agree though, I like having Woolsey in command. It's unique, and he hasn't been as annoying as he was portrayed prior to his taking the command of Atlantis.

Comment

Tapping will also reprise the role of Carter in an upcoming straight-do-DVD Atlantis movie, she said.

"I know nothing about it," Tapping said. "I can honestly tell you that. I was asked if I could make myself available, and I said, 'Of course I would.' Stargate is home. I may be off at university right now getting my Ph.D. in craziness, but I will always go home for Thanksgiving dinner at Stargate."

she was talking about the third SG-1 movie, not Atlantis however Joe said
          10. How likely are crossovers from SG-1 in the first SGA movie?

It’s very possible that we’ll have, at the very least, limited crossover. Given the story we’ve been spinning, it would make sense to see Carter, Daniel, and Teal’c pay Atlantis a visit.
          http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1604
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I don't see how anyone could think that Carter ruined Sg-1. You should have stopped watching Stargate alltogether if you thought this.

Comment

wait... idon't understand..
              the third sg1 movie is..... when?
              they will only start filming next year? spring 2009?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                I don't see how anyone could think that Carter ruined Sg-1. You should have stopped watching Stargate alltogether if you thought this.
                Well she all but ruined it for me. The character is deadly dull, flat, irritating, whiny, un-professional, childish, selfish...I could go on but that is just how I see her.

Why should I let one awlful character stop me watching the show? I just ignored Carter as best I could, looked around her to see the interesting characters, or simply ff her scenes. Mind you I did stop watching Atlantis when she joined the show and I won't buy any future dvds that have her as a main character. Even the draw of Daniel, Teal'c and Vala won't be powerful enough for me to overlook the sucker of life from a show that is Carter.
                sigpic

Comment

cool news.. hope the Atlantis film has the new enemy from last weeks ep and hope the SG1 film has Foothold aliens or something else along those lines which hasnt really been explored fully in the series.
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by roni123 View Post
                    Yep, that's what I understand, if it gets made at all. I guess we would get to see it early 2010. If it's worth watching. Which I doubt given how bad Continuum was. IMO.
                    sigpic

Comment

what? only in 2010 we will see the movie in dvd? no................ way....................................

Comment

what? only in 2010 we will see the movie in dvd? no................ way....................................

That's just a guess but when you look at how long the first two films were in post production it makes sense. Maybe they could rush it through and have it out in time for Christmas 2009.
                        sigpic

Comment

When is the third Stargate movie gonna shoot?

AT: I don't know. Rumor, which is all it is, rumor has it late spring, early summer next year but I honestly couldn't tell you beyond that. I know that Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis will be shooting movies at that time. [...]
                          sigpic

Comment

I think that if when we see Carter again it will likely be as captain of whatever ship comes rolling of the assembly line. After all in the alternate time line that Mckay told Shepperd about she took command of the Phoenix.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                              That's just a guess but when you look at how long the first two films were in post production it makes sense. Maybe they could rush it through and have it out in time for Christmas 2009.
                              GW: I see filming in '07 and then the movies came out in '08, and seemed to be doing so well in sales, that I just kept waiting for MGM to say, "Let's do more! Let's do more!" But now if we're looking at shooting them in '09, is it going to be 2010 before we see SG-1 again?

BW: Well, it's funny that you should say that. It's not why I did it, but my "Children of the Gods -- Final Cut," which I think is what we're going to end up calling it, should be available in that interim. I think it's certainly not a new movie, but it's a new look at an old movie. And I think that people will like that. And maybe the releases of the two movies won't take quite as long as they did the first time around.

Keep in mind: Nobody really knew ... we had a lot of faith that the Stargate movies were going to do really well, but they surprised everybody. Robert and I maybe were the least surprised, because of our belief in what we were trying to do -- but maybe everyone feels that way who makes a movie! But they surprised a lot of people, and it did well enough that I think things might happen faster the second time around.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml

Originally posted by rielgenius1688 View Post
                              I think that if when we see Carter again it will likely be as captain of whatever ship comes rolling of the assembly line. After all in the alternate time line that Mckay told Shepperd about she took command of the Phoenix.
                              Smiley_face06 writes: “Thanks for answeing my question about Ba’al. It makes me feel better knowing Sam isn’t sulking after being relieved of command in Atlantis.”

Answer: One of the things we wanted to make sure of was that Carter’s being relieved of the Atlantis command isn’t seen as a demotion because, as our team pointed out in The Seed, she was actually a victim of her own success. As such, the next time we see Carter (in episode 20), she’ll have assumed another command position.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...se-of-the-day/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X