This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this as an idea

A group of humans, taken long ago from earth, know they are from earth but wernt able to return for one reason or another. Their history from earth edged in their present day culture eg

Ancient Greece or Rome or South/Central American/Persia/Gangas Karn maybe?

The earth travelers, should at least be cut off from Central comand in that mountain base for at least 2 or more seasons. The cast should also include a Multi-national representation like the crew traveling to Atlantas started off with.

After all, it should'nt be just the Americans traveling through space.
    Jackson 4 Atlanta’s (i had that forum nic, but cant get the password for it, and all the emails I enter come back as not registered)

like a bunch of ernest littlefields? this is confusing. you know the casting list was posted, right?

Comment

Im talking about charaters the star ship crew find on other planets. Im confuses what does the casting list have with this topic?
      Jackson 4 Atlanta’s (i had that forum nic, but cant get the password for it, and all the emails I enter come back as not registered)

Comment

Originally posted by mgf View Post
        Im talking about charaters the star ship crew find on other planets. Im confuses what does the casting list have with this topic?
        The way you worded the opening post was confusing.

I dont know about this idea, I can definitely hear the collective groan of every Stargate fan (who decides to watch it) when they see humans are supposedly the dominant species in the UNIVERSE. I mean come one! How many excuses can TPTB have for having humans EVERYWHERE! Plus seeing as the Destiny will supposedly be travelling from galaxy to galaxy, I would hate to see humans crop up in anymore then one of them.
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
          The way you worded the opening post was confusing.

I dont know about this idea, I can definitely hear the collective groan of every Stargate fan (who decides to watch it) when they see humans are supposedly the dominant species in the UNIVERSE. I mean come one! How many excuses can TPTB have for having humans EVERYWHERE! Plus seeing as the Destiny will supposedly be travelling from galaxy to galaxy, I would hate to see humans crop up in anymore then one of them.

I don't mind seeing humans everywhere aslong as they throw in the odd alien species every once in a while. And aslong as the humans have good stories. I really doubt the Destiny will be travelling from Galaxy to Galaxy as there is already little room for story arcs having them travel from planet to planet. But hopefully in the new galaxy without the Wraith or Goa'uld, the species will be more technologically advanced than we have seen so far.

Comment

Ok that post was very confusing for me....(coughs) err what do you mean by Ghengis khan?
            Tst

Comment

To make things clearer

It costs money to produce CGI special effects to make aliens like asguard or warth.
              Ok, So to cut down costs, i suggest to place into the story line a group of humans who were taken from earth, from one the following civilisations, in earth past.

Ancient Greece
              Ancient Rome
              Ancient Macedonia
              Ancient Inca Civilization http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_civilization

The people who use to live on Easter Island.

Ghengis khan

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_count..._Khan_conquer.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghengis_Khan

using Ghengis Khan as an example.

This guy had an entire army. In a Stargate story we could have a group of his warriors and their families taken from earth in the hight of his power and were left stuck some where in a galaxy far, far away (using the famous star wars line)

Away from earth and in the years since their removal, these group of humans kept their culture, traditions from their ancient time on earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island
              The people who lived in Easter Island. Since they depleated all of their resoruces and built these statues to some kind of God, the stargate writers could turn this story into, these alians (statues) took these people from Esater Island to another part into deep space.

Last edited by mgf; 03 October 2008, 05:44 AM.

Comment

The Roman/ Greece Humans would draw too much of a BSG theme for many fan's liking. xD

Comment

Originally posted by mgf View Post
                  A group of humans, taken long ago from earth, know they are from earth but wernt able to return for one reason or another. Their history from earth edged in their present day culture eg

Ancient Greece or Rome or South/Central American/Persia/Gangas Karn maybe?

The earth travelers, should at least be cut off from Central comand in that mountain base for at least 2 or more seasons. The cast should also include a Multi-national representation like the crew traveling to Atlantas started off with.

After all, it should'nt be just the Americans traveling through space.
                  A beautyfull idea.

Comment

i would like to see Mayan mythology, that would be cool. They could use the Mayan Doomsday as a reason why the last left. The story goes something like every 13.0.0.0.0 (approx 5000 years on our calendar) on the Mayan Calendar, doomsday comes and everything is destroyed. Then life is begun again. Maybe the last doomsday 5000 years ago they weren't destroyed they were taken to another galaxy?

Comment

No Humans
                      No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans

And in case you ain't got it No Humans

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                        i would like to see Mayan mythology, that would be cool. They could use the Mayan Doomsday as a reason why the last left. The story goes something like every 13.0.0.0.0 (approx 5000 years on our calendar) on the Mayan Calendar, doomsday comes and everything is destroyed. Then life is begun again. Maybe the last doomsday 5000 years ago they weren't destroyed they were taken to another galaxy?
                        That would also be interesting. Hopefully the script writers/producers are reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                          A beautyfull idea.

On bad note about Atlantas, the IOEA kept sticking there nose into the comand of Atlantas. So a two, three or four season sepertation from Central comand would make this show different.

Carter was a great for the leadership role instead the dude with the glassess became the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            No Humans
                            No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans No Humans

And in case you ain't got it No Humans
                            then what would we have? a bunch of alien that look identicle to humans except with wrinkly foreheads? this isn't star trek.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                              then what would we have? a bunch of alien that look identicle to humans except with wrinkly foreheads? this isn't star trek.
                              Re'tu, Gadmeer, the Reol, Foothold Aliens.

Heck, even the Asgard and Replicator Bugs.

They were all non-human beings that have been seen in Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                              X