This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Replicators.....

...please, please please dear writers for the new show now more replicators as evil guys, they have been done to death in both shows. okay, think of smth creative here, not those little bugs....i hate them..i thought in season 5 and 6 of sg1 they were okay, and even in atlantis for some part in season 3, but enough is enough...there are so many possibilities, but no more replicators, yeah?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    ...please, please please dear writers for the new show now more replicators as evil guys, they have been done to death in both shows. okay, think of smth creative here, not those little bugs....i hate them..i thought in season 5 and 6 of sg1 they were okay, and even in atlantis for some part in season 3, but enough is enough...there are so many possibilities, but no more replicators, yeah?
    I agree but only because it seems like so many fans dislike them at this point and if the writers were to have replicators again it would just piss fans off more then they already are and just show the writers are out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
      I agree but only because it seems like so many fans dislike them at this point and if the writers were to have replicators again it would just piss fans off more then they already are and just show the writers are out of ideas.
      Well originally I hated the replicators too. Particularly in SG-1, but I actually liked the Asuran replicators. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they were "evil". I don't want to see a whole replicator civillization, I just want to see one "good" replicator character. Evil replicators have been done to death, but they barely have touched good replicators.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
      -Dow ad

Comment

I agree. I was tired of the replicators after awhile in SG-1 so when they appeared on Atlanits my heart sank. I think their episodes are dull and one note.

Comment

but someone have to make the necessary repairs on destiny ...
          :A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I personally liked the Replicators, whether it's the SG1 ones or SGA incarnation.
            I was a little disapointed I guess
            Spoiler:
            on how they ended the Asurans in Ghost in the Machine, but I guess they could be brought back.
            I meen in the end of that episode they were just flowting in space and it wouldn't really take a creative writer to say that they were discovered by some advanced civilisation that had hyperdrive, who picked up a faint energy signature, brought them onboard their ship and reactivated them by mistake although I think that may end in them becoming an enemy again if they were bitter about the SGA team tricking them.
            I guess that story could go either way, especially if the Fran/Weir replicator is as understanding as she makes herself out to be.
            If those last Replicators had become our allies the potential technological gains would've made defeating most new enemies in the future fairly easy especially if they told us how to make ZPMs and drones etc

I thought that in BAMSR McKay was very inventive and the idea of Fran was quite interesting
            Spoiler:
            but it was a little to easy to defeat such a powerful enemy in such a convenient way, I meen it was all too easy for McKay's team to beam down to Asuras, surely the Asurans must have known we had that tech and they were ment to be able to adapt to multiple strategies.
            I always thought that the Asgard weren't able to transport through shields, also the Wraith can block us from transporting onto their ships and it wouldn't have been too far fetched for the writers to say that the Asurans got the info from the Wraith on how to Jam us.

Just a few thoughts.

Comment

I liked the Replicators, but I think they've been overused and then some now.. I didnt like them in Atlantis nor Ark of Truth. I dont want to see them again, id rather see entirely new enemies (and new RACES, not alternate factions of existing ones).
              Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
              Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Agreed. The replicators have been rather overdone, IMO.
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

You mentioned BAMSR that makes me remember, how come the wraith thought of something we didnt? They sent darts to beam up ZPMs, why didn't we beam a few onboard one of our 304s when we beamed down McKay, Ronon and the marines?

Comment

^I guess Mckay was concerned that we may need all of the ZPMs on Asuras to complete his plan.

Comment

personally i like the replicators until they went human form never liked it, reason why they done them do death, i hope we can see some real bugs BUGS not techno bugs

Comment

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
                        personally i like the replicators until they went human form never liked it, reason why they done them do death, i hope we can see some real bugs BUGS not techno bugs
                        Do you meen like in Starship Troopers?
                        I guess that could be interesting.

Comment

We know the replicators have spread to at least 3 galaxies, so logic leads to there being replicators in other galaxies, too. With their survival skills, make that many, many galaxies. Therefore, it is possible to have.....

ALL REPLICATORS, ALL GALAXIES, ALL THE TIME !!!

I wouldn't rule them out of SGU. Besides, what if it turns out the Ancients are responsible for the replicators. They would certainly be a valid part of any Ancient story

(We may already know this, but I'm old, so forgive me as my memory forgets sometimes )

Comment

...please, please please dear writers for the new show now more replicators as evil guys, they have been done to death in both shows.

Agreed and as hisg1fans said they have spread to 3 seperate galaxies.....well they used to anyways... yeah theres a chance we might see them in SGU but i hope they aren't human form Replicators. Bring the furlings on the show i say!
                            Tst

Comment

I didn't like the replicators near the end of SG-1, right about when Repli-Carter came in. SGA was a little interesting since they had different plans than total annihilation. But I would like to see good Replicators, maybe even in the classic bug form?

Comment

Working...
                              X