This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: Season 9 idea

If the rumors of RDA wanting to cut down his hours this is a idea I had how they possibly could make it work:

Say about episode 2-3 into the sereis Jack gets beemed up by thor to go to some kind of meeting but on the way he gets captured by ghoulds (or some other way he gets caught ie goes on a resuce mission to get Sam).

Then mean while atlantis will be starting its season 2, they somehow manage to find a way to get back to earth. Then azguards go back to atlantis to help them work out the technology. Whilst they are their they stumble on the missing link that is required for them to be able to have there old bodies they once use to have (like the ones that azguard scientist was growing) along with other technology.

They take the technologies they learned and incoopirated into their technology also upgrading human technology.

Then like 4 episodes from the end of season 9 humans some how managed to rescue Jack (whilst being in bad shape from being tourched and killed many times and revived) or some Jaffa that knows ghoulds are false gods helps him escape.

Then azguards heal him with ancients technology they learned off. Then Jack leads the humans and azguards with the new acquired technology and they wipe out the ghould's.

After the 2-3 episode long war in the last episode Jack as a earth representative meets the other 3 races that were once part of the 4 race allience and humans get added accepted into this allience as the 5th race (or second evolution of ancients so the #1 race) for the bravery humans have showed against ghould. Then Jack has to leave and be part of some kind of council that has 1 representative form each race in it living in some temple (only if he is definelty wanting to cut down his work load).

SO in theory he would only be in like 6-8 eps out of 20-22 in season 9 (offcourse we want him to be there for all but if he did decided to cut down his work load this would be some kind of way to keep him around).

Then if they did decided to do a s10 RDA could be just a guest apprence person.

Its fairy tale ending but I doubt it that TPTB would end it like that.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The way I see it, Richard Dean Anderson's character has run its course, I doubt there is anything more they can do to him, so I think a recurring character is a far better idea.

Comment

what I want to see in the show is -- does Jack care about the galaxy at all? Towards the beginning his character seemed to feel the weight of the problems the Goa'uld presented, these days he's a lot more easy going, and its funny and all, but I would still like to see a hint of the guy who knew that he had to come out of retirement because there was an evil power that was gunning for his favorite race of people!

This could be done in guest apperances or in one scene per episode! Its more the lack of Jack's original urgency (despite his always sardonic manner) that upsets me most, rather than his lack of screen time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobretti13
          SO in theory he would only be in like 6-8 eps out of 20-22 in season 9 (offcourse we want him to be there for all but if he did decided to cut down his work load this would be some kind of way to keep him around).

Then if they did decided to do a s10 RDA could be just a guest apprence person.
          well, there was this comment from one of the directors on a possible season 9, and they said rda would only be in 4 of the eps. i think there's a thread here about it, but i cant seem to find it.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Sure i agree what i said is a fairy tale but reason i said it i that cause after all Jack is admired by the azguards and if RDA is leavinvg cause of getting too old would be cool to see him go out someway like that.

Im sure the producers will do something cool with RDA character.

Reason i said it like the way above is cause it would be nice to see Jack leave the show as the way he use to be beliving him and tialc have a chance of wipping out the ghoulds ( like in the pilot were he convinced tialc to turn sides and tialc did cause he belived in Jack being able to wipe out the ghoulds and freeing his people).

but im sure of one thing if it there aint some kind of dramatic exit for Jack but something stupid like being reassigned to work at the pentagon it will totally ruin what Jack has ment to the whole show.

After that I'm all for introducing new characters after all look how great Atlantis has turned out so far with a brand new cast.

Comment

All I wanna see or rather don't wanna see in season nine is more gouald stories. I like thoes stories only so much, they are starting to loose intrest with me. After all its now gotten into this circular pattern of jaffa rebellion story, gouad gets knocked off BY EARTH (not the jaffa), and another one takes its place. I mean its a big galaxy let alone universe surly there are other things going on that our "mighty" sg-1 can get involved with. It is my hope that by the end of season 8 early eps of 9 the Gouald go BYE-BYE once and for all.
              PLEASE!!!

Comment

Yes, the goa'uld need to go into the background a bit at least for a few episodes, and have some other off-world aliens at the center -- even if those aliens 'know' the goa'uld, are against or for them, its always cooler to see the 'lower ranks' even if they're not super-aliens like Asgard or Nox, etc. I wanna see some more Daniel Jackson archeology knowledge! Its not too late for that.

Comment

That is why i said kill the ghould off totally in s9 so in s10 we can go else were.

meet new enemies

or new races like the ferlings etcc.

like i said before it does seem like a fairytale ending but Jack was the main character and a fairwell like that would be nice (well something along those lines). Plus im sure we all wanna see Jack for the last time make some classic one liner Jokes of his while he is in a bad situation.

s9 the azguard definetly need to get their body upgrades to what they once were be a nice change like i wrote in my small plot.

Then s10 could finish of some of daniels stories, even bring back jonas or whatever, but at least the ghould would be gone out of the stories and something new and interesting could develope for the show.

Even some new characters would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobretti13
                    Im sure the producers will do something cool with RDA character.
                    You think too much of them.

All they will most likely do is have Jack retire, they really should do something cool with him off world, but that won't happen.

The first episode Jack will retire, and Sam will break up with Pete to be with him. So that would explain why Sam and Jack aren't there in the beginning.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                      Yes, the goa'uld need to go into the background a bit at least for a few episodes, and have some other off-world aliens at the center -- even if those aliens 'know' the goa'uld, are against or for them, its always cooler to see the 'lower ranks' even if they're not super-aliens like Asgard or Nox, etc. I wanna see some more Daniel Jackson archeology knowledge! Its not too late for that.
                      Absolutely true. It's something all sci-fi's do, have hyperadvanced things and forget that not the basics are still important too. I'm also fed up with the goa'uld, and even more with those jaffa ... same boring things over and over again.
                      But then, I liked the Jonas' home planet, sci fi and history revisited at once ... what better archeology can you have than living it, albeit slightly different. It was really nice... as most off world human planets were actually.

The thing is, a show must go on and therefore an enemy is required to develop a storyline, but the big problem is how to create a new enemy that is not too much of a stereotype ? The TPTB has made a mistake with the wraith there, it's too humanlike and too vampirish.

Another things ... why do all aliens need to be humans or humanlike ? Goa'uld use humans, wraith are some kind of humanlike things, the asgard also resemble human form, the ancients were humans, the space race aliens appeared humanlike, the unai had human form ...
                      Even on Earth, we know of a very intelligent species that resembles us in no single way, the giant red squid. So why can't any scifi appear to make a believable non humanlike alien ?

Comment

Because making non bipedal aliens costs alot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom

Totally agree

but if s9 is definetly going to be the last season you must end the stories, too many good shows have ended in the middle of no were with too many questions left unanswered.

s10 is were I think your thoughts could work out well and new stories could develope.

maybe in what i wrote for s9 in the middle of my fairytale ending somewere have Daniel Jackson find some archeological key to the ancient azguards body structure and from there build up a mini story on were azguards get there bodies back, then have the big fight finale azguards and humans v ghoulds and damaging them so much that they are out of most of s10 all together. (as i wrote in my first post)

I SO HOPE THEY DO ACTUALLY DO A SEASON 10

there are so many new angles and stories that could come out of tis and make the show fresh

Comment

Working...
                          X