Why would the "ALIENS" have different technology than "_____"? - [Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would the "ALIENS" have different technology than "_____"? - [Spoilers]

I will warn anyone, if you venture into this thread, you will be bound to hit some major spoilers. Major, major spoilers.

Spoiler:

My Question is:

Why would the Pegasus Asgard have different technology and ships than the Milky Way / Ida Galaxy Asgard?

If the Asgard we know, knows that they participated with the Ancients, then would the PG Asgard be known to them too?

If so, why would the technology be different?

I just don't get it. Maybe the PG Battle Armor is something the Asgards we know use.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    I will warn anyone, if you venture into this thread, you will be bound to hit some major spoilers. Major, major spoilers.

Spoiler:

My Question is:

Why would the Pegasus Asgard have different technology and ships than the Milky Way / Ida Galaxy Asgard?

If the Asgard we know, knows that they participated with the Ancients, then would the PG Asgard be known to them too?

If so, why would the technology be different?

I just don't get it. Maybe the PG Battle Armor is something the Asgards we know use.
    My guess is that the Pegasus Asgard separated from our Asgard thousands or millions of years ago, and so they have followed diverging paths from technological evolution.

The same occurred with the Ancients and Ori, after they separated their technology moved in different directions in terms of appearance (although we have only seen post-Ascended Ori technology, its highly likely that their style of technology prior to Ascension was more religiously stylised than the Ancients).

The battle armour is probably a prime example of this. Our Asgard were totally unchallenged until the Replicators and Anubis, even then they were protected by their ships and had no need for armour suited for ground battle situations.
    In Pegasus, they will have probably encountered the Wraith or some other violent species at a much earlier stage, possibly as they were setting up their colony and did not have their ships to protect them. This would necessitate the development of the armour.

Their ship was probably also developed with Pegasus-specific needs in mind.

Comment

Indeed. If the title of the next episode is referring to the Asgard, which seems to be the general consensus, then it seems that these Asgard were 'lost' or separated from the Ida Asgard at some point. As talyn2k1 said, this separation would mean they were in a different situation than the Ida Asgard, and would have developed their technology accordingly.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
        My guess is that the Pegasus Asgard separated from our Asgard thousands or millions of years ago, and so they have followed diverging paths from technological evolution.
        Spoiler:
        The problem is that as late as 33,000 years ago, the Asgard looked completely different from what they looked like when Jack first met them and they only looked like that through excessive cloning.

So they couldn't have separated from the other *bananas* more than 33,000 million years ago.
        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 02 October 2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

My bet is on a bit after the Ancients left the PG galaxy, The
          Spoiler:
          Vanir/Asgard
          decided to try their luck in populating it also. But they were separated from the
          Spoiler:
          Asgard
          for long enough for their Technology to change and maybe it even represents earlier version of what they had before they moved to the PG.
          The big Q is why have not the
          Spoiler:
          Asgard
          told us that they had one of their kind in the PG galaxy for so long? Did they even knew about them? And why are they in the PG Galaxy really? All seems very vague and weird even for Stargate lol

Tain

sigpic

Comment

Well if the title of the next episode is anything to by maybe
            Spoiler:
            the MW asgard
            truly believed the
            Spoiler:
            PG asgard
            to be lost and/or destroyed and didn't bother to
            Spoiler:
            mention it to Earth as they didn't think it relevant.

Comment

I think it is for camoflage. If a wraith capture one of the SWAT aliens. They are gonna assume its human judging from the size and shape. THey will think probably Traveller, or humans of simillar level of tech. WHen they try to strip it before they get to see whats inside it goes boom. NO trace NO evidence.

The reason they use ancient or other tech is because they don't want anything that can be use to track down the Ida and Milkyway galaxy.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post

More than Major, possibly as high as Field Marshall..............

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                  More than Major, possibly as high as Field Marshall..............

I was going more for Commander in Chief
                  Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X