Ancients Ori Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Ori Ancients

If this has been done before I apologize.
    For once could we see a race that is above and beyond the ancients tech in every way. Thoughts ??
    Feel free to pitch ideas also.

I don't see why there couldn't be. Perhaps one reason though is that the Ancients evolved on one of the first galaxies created after the big bang and the only way for there to be a race as technically good or superior to the Ancients would be if they evolved on an equally old galaxy. If they had done the Ancients probably would of heard of them.

I of course can't be sure of that as I don't know what the travel distance would be. I suppose the distances would of been shorter back then. So only a few hundred billion light years.

Comment

I agree, their technological evolution stopped when they had to ascend to escape extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
        I don't see why there couldn't be. Perhaps one reason though is that the Ancients evolved on one of the first galaxies created after the big bang and the only way for there to be a race as technically good or superior to the Ancients would be if they evolved on an equally old galaxy. If they had done the Ancients probably would of heard of them.

I of course can't be sure of that as I don't know what the travel distance would be. I suppose the distances would of been shorter back then. So only a few hundred billion light years.
        a few hundred billion light years is still a hell of a long way. i meen seriously its only 3 million light yearsfrom MW to Pegasus.
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

which is already a long distance

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
            I agree, their technological evolution stopped when they had to ascend to escape extinction.
            They didn't ascend to escape extinction. They fled to pegasus to escape extinction from the plague and then came to the Milky Way to escape extinction by the Wraith. They ascended as it was the next step left. if they hadn't they'd probably still be around. You are right though that the Ancient's ascension stopped their evolution. In some ways the Asgard were more capable than they were.

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
            a few hundred billion light years is still a hell of a long way. i meen seriously its only 3 million light yearsfrom MW to Pegasus.
            I was joking.

Seriously though if a highly evolved race existed in another galaxy wouldn't the Ancients have encountered them? They would have been able to tell where else life could have evolved and could of tried to contact those areas. Possibly even gone there. They were capable of intergalactic travel.
            Last edited by Zalenka; 02 October 2008, 10:55 AM. Reason: missed out info

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post

true and look at the tollan the are not as advanced as the ancient but the chould build a stargate so why cant there be a race as adcanced as the ancient

Comment

Isn't the premise of universe that it was the ancients attempt to do just that explorer the universe and see what/who else is out there.

Comment

Working...
                X