Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daedalus vs Travelers Ship (Minor Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus vs Travelers Ship (Minor Spoilers)

If this has been done before I apologize.

This may or may not happen in The Lost Tribe but it seems relevant. If the asgard plasma beams were taken offline who do we think would win ??

I’ve got to say that we haven't seen the true capabilities of a single Travelers ship one on one so to speak. So maybe there’s scope for a Travelers victory we've got to get the Daedalus back somehow.
    Last edited by MOSHGUIN1113; 02 October 2008, 02:45 AM.

I'd say it'd depend on if thields were removed or damaged. If the shields are taken out then it'd be the travellers. Saying that though our rail guns did serious damage to a hive.

So I'll hange my mind and go with the 304.

Comment

304 will still beat a Generational ship. its built for war, for crying out loud!

Comment

Without Asgard weapons the 304 wouldn't have a chance, its nukes and railguns are useless. I don't recall a 304 ever destroying another ship until it had Asgard weapons installed (apart from the beaming nukes thing against the Wraith)
        Travellers ships have energy weapons, and shields which must be pretty good as they only lost 1 ship in BAMSR.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          Without Asgard weapons the 304 wouldn't have a chance, its nukes and railguns are useless. I don't recall a 304 ever destroying another ship until it had Asgard weapons installed (apart from the beaming nukes thing against the Wraith)
          Travellers ships have energy weapons, and shields which must be pretty good as they only lost 1 ship in BAMSR.
          Well 304 could destroy Wraith Hives with Nukes if they wouldn't shoot down the missles. We saw that the Wraiths have good tactics against missles(The Darts go between the rockets and the HiveShip and they shoot down the remaining). But we saw that in 3x01 No Man's Land that if a nuclear missle reach a Hive Ship, it can take it out very easily(only one rocket had reached the ship but it make serious damages for the Hive). Of course in 4x20 The Last Man the Phoenix shoot 2 or maybe 3 missle on a Hive but we don't know how much damage did it make.
          Important: We know that the writers used to change the power of weapons and shields during episodes.
          We don't know the travelers how could defend against missles. Probably they had anti-fighter weapons, but we do not know much effective it would be against our rockets.
          The Asgard shields are very effective.

So I think it would depend on the writers. As I said before they change things.

And of course the 304s have Asgard beam weapons so they would destroy the Traveler ship.

Comment

daedalus without the beams would put up a fight since the rail guns and missiles would pack a punch on those shields whether it would collaspe it i dont know
            sigpic

Comment

The travlers pwned in BAMSR they where doubling on asurans ships fireing all the wepons from 2 ships on one spot and moving alot which mosh ships dont do and they made ronons gun shich is the best infantry wepon we have seen their ships took out asuran ships in about 10-20 shots 304s took 2 or 3 its a big diferance but i think they could win like 4 of their ships against one 304

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

i think without beam weapons they would be about equal because travelers would have more powerful weapons but i'm pretty sure our shields are vastly superior now if the daedalus has beam weapons then the travelers are fubar

Comment

in my opinion, the writers arent going to let us see who is going to win but rather have ronan and, strange as it sounds, woolsy take back the ship before the travelers get there. after they destroy the attero device and the asgards of course because god knows what would happen if we actually get to keep these asgards. the universe proboly will impload due to the mass happyness it would cause for the fans.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

A 304 would still have much superior shielding to a generational ship.

A 304 was just able to destroy a Hive. So without the beam weapons or a ZPM, a 304 can hang with 1 Hive or at least come close to it.

Comment

The Daedalus class would win, stronger shield, faster engines, and maybe we can beam through their shields

Comment

Simply ram the travelers ship with the 304. Strongest shields win.
                        Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

It's a no-brainer. The Daedalus-class is built for war, with a crew of the best and brightest engineers and military personnel. The Traveler ships are generational community ships that have been repaired and cannibalised over years with limited resources. They obviously weren't built to take on the Wraith, they were built to hide from and evade them, so it stands to reason that if it were a choice between offensive weapons or life support systems, the latter would be more likely for them to be strongest at.

The 304 would no doubt find a weakness.
                          "You wanna run this ship?"
                          "YES!"
                          "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Technically that Aurora Sheppard got back online is a Traveller's ship, so it might not be so easy for a 304 to win.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              in my opinion, the writers arent going to let us see who is going to win but rather have ronan and, strange as it sounds, woolsy take back the ship before the travelers get there. after they destroy the attero device and the asgards of course because god knows what would happen if we actually get to keep these asgards. the universe proboly will impload due to the mass happyness it would cause for the fans.
                              ha! right again, they didint let us see the fight of a travelers ship againts the deadalus. its the whole tealc vereus ronan thing all over again. they dont want us to know who is better.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              Technically that Aurora Sheppard got back online is a Traveller's ship, so it might not be so easy for a 304 to win.
                              actually that ship is no longer of any concern because sadly,
                              Spoiler:
                              in the lost tribe it was destroyed by the detonating stargate. although that really ticked me off. all they had to do was stop her at "they destroyed 2 of our ships". but no they had to say "including our ancient one". s***** writers.

STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X