This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am loving SGU!!!

I think the basic idea and the characters behind SGU are brilliant!

Most people are expecting the OC with a stargate in it......please.....do you really think the writers are that money hungry that they would try such a thing?

I think "younger" means that the characters will act and use phrases and cliches that a younger generation will respond to, i am 19 and while i do understand everything that goes on in stargate some will not.

To be honest even if they did exactely what they did in the young sg-1 skit in 200 i would still watch it...because i am a stargate fan

Also i think that if you dare say that the writers write bad episodes or you continue to say bad things about stargate then you are not a fan (and forgive me for using a 'younger' phrase) you are a poser who likes to complain.

IF YOU THINK THEY ARE DOING A BAD JOB, THEN STOP TELLING US AND WRITE YOUR OWN EPISODES!!!

Thank you!

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Most of us aren't television writers. Simple, right? Here's the fun part: that means that we don't have to write scripts. It means that we're not bound by this "put up or shut up" idea that gets floated around once in a while.

You don't have to be a chef to know when something's been badly cooked. Ditto goes for TV. Rampant fanboi-ism is almost as bad as brainless criticism.
        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
          Most of us aren't television writers. Simple, right? Here's the fun part: that means that we don't have to write scripts. It means that we're not bound by this "put up or shut up" idea that gets floated around once in a while.

You don't have to be a chef to know when something's been badly cooked. Ditto goes for TV. Rampant fanboi-ism is almost as bad as brainless criticism.
          So easy to condemn.

Also one doesn't know if the meal is badly cooked untill he has tried it... So how bout people save their critisicims to when it has at least been aired... Then you can say all you want.
          The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Someone discussing how great the show will be, or saying things such as "it's Stargate, it'll be good" is no better in that respect than someone who is criticizing it before more info has been released.

Point is, we're on forums, there's absolutely no reason for anyone to shut up as long as they're following the basic rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
              So easy to condemn.

Also one doesn't know if the meal is badly cooked untill he has tried it... So how bout people save their critisicims to when it has at least been aired... Then you can say all you want.
              Unless when the ingredients are described, they are things you dont like - prepared in an uninteresting way

Comment

Anyone that uses the "If you do not like this or that = you are not a true Stargate fan" which the original post did = loses all credibility with having to use just a lame argument

Comment

Tbh people who ***** and whinge about Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe only perpertrait a depressing atmosphere on these forums, i'm completely happy to read posts that point out the bad points in an ep if there is at least some attempt to understand why, instead half the posts are just "Atlantis is ****, worst ep of the season" wtf does that mean?

*****ing for the sake of *****ing is what pisses me off the most. And dont judge a book by its cover, just because we've been given the jist of Universe there is so much more that we wont uncover until we actually watch e.g the cast's chemistry, the stories and the places (hopefully all unique).

I myself look forward to a bright future for Stargate because Stargate will always be Stargate and i find it much more amusing and entertaining than anything else out atm reality tv included.

Comment

People may not know the show is going to be bad, but on the same token we don't know that it's going to be good, either. Both sides are just as welcome to their opinion and are just as free to state it. If you don't like that policy, I'm sure you can find a forum where only positive commentary is allowed, or create your own. Though if it were me I would just stay here and learn to remain open to other peoples opinions.

Contrary to popular belief you CAN get a good idea for how a show is going to be before it airs. As far as the "Dont judge a book by its cover" analogy goes... you can be pretty certain if the cover says, for example, Danielle Steel on big print on the cover, that it isn't a good book for Sci-Fi fans. There are many interpretations of why they've chosen to cast only one character over the age of 25, "force together desperate young people far from home". None are more valid than any other.

Stargate fans are so intolerant of anyone elses ideas or opinions. Seriously, stop trying to silence your fellow fans and instead learn to tolerate opposing views.

Comment

Originally posted by NKDietrich View Post
                      People may not know the show is going to be bad, but on the same token we don't know that it's going to be good, either. Both sides are just as welcome to their opinion and are just as free to state it. If you don't like that policy, I'm sure you can find a forum where only positive commentary is allowed, or create your own. Though if it were me I would just stay here and learn to remain open to other peoples opinions.

Contrary to popular belief you CAN get a good idea for how a show is going to be before it airs. As far as the "Dont judge a book by its cover" analogy goes... you can be pretty certain if the cover says, for example, Danielle Steel on big print on the cover, that it isn't a good book for Sci-Fi fans. There are many interpretations of why they've chosen to cast only one character over the age of 25, "force together desperate young people far from home". None are more valid than any other.

Stargate fans are so intolerant of anyone elses ideas or opinions. Seriously, stop trying to silence your fellow fans and instead learn to tolerate opposing views.
                      Very well said... Green for you.
                      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

You dont have to be a writer, if you have a good idea and spin it right people will notice. I can say an engineer at GM making a car sucks, but if i dont even know how to change my oil in my own car my engineering criticism is toothless, inane and id be smarter to keep it to myself.

Comment

While i do think it'd be good to have a 'i'm looking forward to the show' thread....we're not gonna allow one to exist that does little more than mock, belittle and call names those that don't share the poster's point of view.

How about you try again, this time constrain yourself to your own feelings and leave the name calling out of it.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X