This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Avatar/AI running Destiny? Rumors/Speculation/Spoilers

What kind of AI do you guys think we will see and what kind do you want to see on Universe??

I am thinking it must have an integrated AI to control the ship, will it have a hologram display?? that would be an interesting recurring character.
    What about physical maintanence? if something happens and wires need to be soldered back together, is there robots??? Kind of like replicators but don't have a conciousness and are commanded by the ship AI? or could the ship be built of replicator type material that fixes itself? maybe even half-tech half-organic like Hive ships?

Farscape -> ship controlled robots - Moya/Pilot controlled the DRD's

or

Andromeda -> AI holographic girl

Haven't seen Andromeda so can't know for sure.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think it will have a sophisticated AI system, it would be nice to see an AI consiousness of an Ancient controlling the ship which the Universe team could interact with this may of course be compared by many to the Doctor in Star Trek Voyager but as it would be based on an Ancient I would hope that people would refrain from those types of comparisons.
      Spoiler:
      Maybe the solid Holograms seen in season 10 of SG1 to maintain the ship

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
        Spoiler:
        Maybe the solid Holograms seen in season 10 of SG1 to maintain the ship
        Spoiler:
        When was this?

Comment

i think he is talking about unending, where carter is able to create musical instruments and play them.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie2020 View Post
            i think he is talking about unending, where carter is able to create musical instruments and play them.
            Actually those weren't holograms. The chello (sp?) was an actual musical instrument. Remember that they made food the same way during all their years on the ship. Maybe he was talking about holograms like the knights that Mitchel fought in seasons 9 and 10.
            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Farscape -> ship controlled robots - Moya/Pilot controlled the DRD's

or

Andromeda -> AI holographic girl

Haven't seen Andromeda so can't know for sure.
              I haven't seen either of those shows, but its not like SciFi doesn't recycle ideas every once in a while. Im sure those shows didn't come up with that idea themselves. Red Dwarf had a holographic representation of the ship, if i remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                What kind of AI do you guys think we will see and what kind do you want to see on Universe??

I am thinking it must have an integrated AI to control the ship, will it have a hologram display?? that would be an interesting recurring character.
                What about physical maintanence? if something happens and wires need to be soldered back together, is there robots??? Kind of like replicators but don't have a conciousness and are commanded by the ship AI? or could the ship be built of replicator type material that fixes itself? maybe even half-tech half-organic like Hive ships?
                Atlantis was the most advanced creation of the Ancients and as far as we know it doesn't have an AI of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                  Atlantis was the most advanced creation of the Ancients and as far as we know it doesn't have an AI of any kind.
                  "as far as we know"

I think there is an AI on Atlantis they just never found. Otherwise there would be way too many protocols, such as the quarantine procedure when there is a virus detected, minimizing the shield to save power, raising the city from underwater, etc.

Or maybe they had a problem with the AI which is why they abandoned the project?

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                    I haven't seen either of those shows, but its not like SciFi doesn't recycle ideas every once in a while. Im sure those shows didn't come up with that idea themselves. Red Dwarf had a holographic representation of the ship, if i remember correctly.
                    If they use a hologram it should be like Rommie of Andromeda meets the "The Doctor" of Voyager.

So the AI would run the whole ship like Rommie, but it'd be a solid hologram like the doctor. As an added twist, what if the hologram could be projected long distances. I remember seeing something like this in both an episode of Sliders and Voyager. So the hologram wouldn't be limited to the ship. It could be projected onto planet surfaces maybe within a light year or so. The hologram would not be like "The Doctor" of Voyager who was independent of the ship in later seasons. This hologram would be dependant on the ship for projection.

Maybe instead of "ship controlled" robots, I think the robots should be independent of the ship. So if the ships AI is malfunctioning the pre-programmed AIs which are independent of the ship could fix it. If the AIs were ship controlled, if the ships AI malfunctions then the whole ship is screwed. The robots might take the form of drones.

I'd also like to see a replicator. What if replicators were an integral part of Lantean life before Asuran incident. Kind of like in BSG. Then they could say it was only the act of trying to turn the replicators into a weapon that made them become so dangerous. I really love the more advance human form replicators from Atlantis. I'd love to see a good one for a change.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                    -Dow ad

Comment

Oh gods, no AI & no more Replicators! If the Ancient had one in Altantis, I think we would o seen it by nows & the Replicators have been totally done to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen9228 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        When was this?
                        Spoiler:
                        I was wrong about which season that the holograms appeared in the show.
                        It was actually in season 9, the episodes were Avalon part 2 and Camelot.

Here's a small spoiler for SGA season 5 First Contact:
                        Spoiler:
                        The door to Janus's lab is described by McKay as being an advanced solid Hologram, so if there are solid holograms on Destiny then they could use a similar technology to this.

Also I wasn't talking about the matter conversion tech in Unending.

Comment

the wall wasnt a solid hologram. it was actual matter, that becomes gasious whith harmonic resonance. thus you can step through.

"like a solid hologram, but better".

what if an AI, tied to a hologram, controls the ship, and a hologram room allows guest stars: someone's tied to the hologram, allows him to walk around, and interact, but he isnt physically there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I was wrong about which season that the holograms appeared in the show.
                            It was actually in season 9, the episodes were Avalon part 2 and Camelot.

Here's a small spoiler for SGA season 5 First Contact:
                            Spoiler:
                            The door to Janus's lab is described by McKay as being an advanced solid Hologram, so if there are solid holograms on Destiny then they could use a similar technology to this.

Also I wasn't talking about the matter conversion tech in Unending.
                            In SG1, Your talking about the dragon they fought in the cave right? Or was it the knight? Or both. I forgot about those.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                            -Dow ad

Comment

i hope the A.I. would be......
                              Spoiler:
                              Cortana

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X